Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think you flip our OTs now that they're not rookies and our OT issues are better. Interior is the problem and we don't have picks.
A day 1 starting center is going to be late 1st-early 2nd. Trading #9 solves the problem and leaves a likely WR pick (because the Bears aren't paying for a FA WR worth anything).

There's Connor Williams but he's on an ACL so that could still leave us short and are the Bears going to pay?

Wright is a RT not a left. I agree interior because of center was a larger weakness but I don’t agree that we don’t have picks or that improving LT is not a valuable use of 9.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agree.

I think they’re basically married to Poles and Flus at this point, for better or worse, especially if they draft a QB high in the first round.

Flus isn’t going anywhere unless next year is just a disaster. They want to try something long-term. I personally think Flus sucks, but it’s clear they like him.
Remember since you are the one that spoke dipshit Flus coming back with a rookie QB into existence, I blame that forever on you.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:

Jim Miller advocating for Justin staying and sitting the rookie QB behind Justin and not rushing a rookie QB out there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So all the people that have been begging for patience with Fields are gonna expect instant greatness out of CW.
You think the Bears should use the first overall and dump a QB to get worse production?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Well it depends. Is CW a carnivore? JF probably did himself no favors by being a vegan, and probably still suffers from brain fog being a Pescatarian. Is this why he gets hurt more than he should? His diet compounded with coaching/talent may have stunted his development.

On the other side if he had more B12 feeding his brain he might realize how bad it is on this team.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Wright is a RT not a left. I agree interior because of center was a larger weakness but I don’t agree that we don’t have picks or that improving LT is not a valuable use of 9.

Wright is left tackle who played either side about 50/50 and was right tackle because other players in college couldn't play right. Otherwise he would've been left most of the time.

It is complete BS that he is only a RT and it was a wasted pick if we got him to only be a RT.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You think the Bears should use the first overall and dump a QB to get worse production?
I think this is a decision about the long term and not the short term. There’s a chance Fields plays better next season. And I fully expect people to lose their mind it that happens. I’m more concerned about where we are 2-3 years from now. Even Mahomes sat for a year. I’m perfectly fine with that if needed. Solve this thing for the long term. Anyone worried about next year is missing the big picture.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Wright is left tackle who played either side about 50/50 and was right tackle because other players in college couldn't play right. Otherwise he would've been left most of the time.

It is complete BS that he is only a RT and it was a wasted pick if we got him to only be a RT.

I’m going off of Ian Cunningham literally saying he could be our starting RT for years. If he can be the LT that is great but I have not seen anything that projects him there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this is a decision about the long term and not the short term. There’s a chance Fields plays better next season. And I fully expect people to lose their mind it that happens. I’m more concerned about where we are 2-3 years from now. Even Mahomes sat for a year. I’m perfectly fine with that if needed. Solve this thing for the long term. Anyone worried about next year is missing the big picture.
The 1.1 draft choice needs to perform.

I don’t think the Bears can wait another three years and hope it works out.

Lawrence, Burrows, Stroud. All drafted early and performed.

If Williams can’t live up to those players first years then he may not be the player to draft at 1.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The 1.1 draft choice needs to perform.

I don’t think the Bears can wait another three years and hope it works out.

Lawrence, Burrows, Stroud. All drafted early and performed.

If Williams can’t live up to those players first years then he may not be the player to draft at 1.

Completely disagree. Getting the QB right is a 10-15 year deal. If it takes a year or two then so be it.

Some QBs are great year one. Some aren’t. Stop being so short sighted.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I’m going off of Ian Cunningham literally saying he could be our starting RT for years. If he can be the LT that is great but I have not seen anything that projects him there.

Senior year, started all 13 games at right tackle.
Junior year, started all 13 games at left tackle.
Equally great at either side those years.

Whole college career was 27 at right, 13 at left. 2 at right guard.
I was trying to find the TN interview where he said he doesn't care which side he plays and goes where he's needed, they needed him on the right senior year because of the other players so that's what he did. It wasn't about him not being able to play left, it was about the other players.

I did find this which basically says as much.

If Cunningham thinks #10 pick on a RT when you have questions about your 5th round LT is a good plan he should be fired.
I figured we got him that high because he could play either side. My only question was Jones, but if he's letting people through better to have that on the right than the left.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Completely disagree. Getting the QB right is a 10-15 year deal. If it takes a year or two then so be it.

Some QBs are great year one. Some aren’t. Stop being so short sighted.

So how will you know if Caleb Williams is the guy if he can’t perform as well as other QBs drafted in his same position?

Wouldn’t you see similar success as other QBs that compare?

We are going to disagree on this.

I think the bar is set at Burrows, Lawrence and Stroud. If he can’t perform similarly, it’s a bad sign.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So how will you know if Caleb Williams is the guy if he can’t perform as well as other QBs drafted in his same position?

I think the bar is set at Burrows, Lawrence and Stroud. If he can’t perform similarly, it’s a bad sign.

What if Poles sits him for a year like Mahomes?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Remember since you are the one that spoke dipshit Flus coming back with a rookie QB into existence, I blame that forever on you.
Lol, people are always mad at me, and then I turn out to be correct! 😂

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

So Stroud is better than Peyton Manning and that can never be changed because of the rookie years each had?
Stroud can be a flash in the pan and bust from here on out but he's better. That's already set in stone.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

Jim Miller advocating for Justin staying and sitting the rookie QB behind Justin and not rushing a rookie QB out there.
Zero chance this happens, but hey, we gotta talk about stuff during the offseason, so….

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
To be fair, Flus and the lineman coach said they teach all their players every position so they can be versatile. I’m assuming for the tackles, they practice both sides. And guards practice all guard positions.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So Stroud is better than Peyton Manning and that can never be changed because of the rookie years each had?
Stroud can be a flash in the pan and bust from here on out but he's better. That's already set in stone.
I don’t recall claiming Stroud was better than Manning.