Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

Rise

Liked Posts:
If he plays 17 and is Bryce Young, that really isn't a good starting point

What makes you think he would be Bryce Young?

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Did you watch any O'Sullivan films? Fields was not the problem with the oline. The oline coach we still have on staff had to be the problem or else Getsy was doing some odd micromanaging of the oline for an OC to bother with.
It was pretty basic stuff that I can't comprehend how you can teach adults who've played the positions for years to do wrong.

The reason I'm OK with Williams is he's mobile enough to not die with the same oline problems. If he does anything better with the same problem existing it will be looking to throw longer. Where Fields' 3 years with this crap have taught him just run when the oline decides to not block because the WRs aren't going to come back for it when the QB starts scrambling.
I'm really interested to see how CWs mobility translates to the speed of NFL defenses.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Did you watch any O'Sullivan films? Fields was not the problem with the oline. The oline coach we still have on staff had to be the problem or else Getsy was doing some odd micromanaging of the oline for an OC to bother with.
It was pretty basic stuff that I can't comprehend how you can teach adults who've played the positions for years to do wrong.

The reason I'm OK with Williams is he's mobile enough to not die with the same oline problems. If he does anything better with the same problem existing it will be looking to throw longer. Where Fields' 3 years with this crap have taught him just run when the oline decides to not block because the WRs aren't going to come back for it when the QB starts scrambling.

In the Shanny system - the center calls protections and Whitehair was absolutely terrible at it and while Patrick was decent at setting protections - he fucking sucked as a blocker.

Waldron played a lot of two TE sets in Seattle to help alleviate their OL woes, I'd expect to see us go after Noah Fant so we'd have two reliable TEs who can block and catch at a super high level. They get Fant and a starting level C and obviously another WR and the offense has a chance.

Simply put, you can't have your QB under pressure at the levels Fields faced and have any steady development happen.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Don’t see any chance Poles or Flus get fired.
Agree.

I think they’re basically married to Poles and Flus at this point, for better or worse, especially if they draft a QB high in the first round.

Flus isn’t going anywhere unless next year is just a disaster. They want to try something long-term. I personally think Flus sucks, but it’s clear they like him.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I have not watched this but I know I yelled enough at my tv screen especially about the center getting knocked on his ass.

That was another problem. But this was one side doing their correct job and the other side doing the mirror image of the same job which double teamed B and left A untouched. If I remember right it was the center doing the double team without recognizing it and sliding over to A.

I sure hope it was all the center(s) because if not it's still going to be the same shit show no matter who is on the line as long as the same coach teaching calls can mean opposite things is there.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
What makes you think he would be Bryce Young?
My point being 17 games in an of itself isn’t overly interesting. Id rather Williams plays a great 13 than a mediocre 17

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm really interested to see how CWs mobility translates to the speed of NFL defenses.

I'm curious to see if we can teach WRs to do a scramble drill.
So far I haven't seen it happen through many QBs on the Bears and our QBs have to run a lot.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I'm curious to see if we can teach WRs to do a scramble drill.
So far I haven't seen it happen through many QBs on the Bears and our QBs have to run a lot.
You mean the QB actually needs help? I thought we were bringing him aboard to overcome the challenges that others could not?

If we really believe in him, he should make everyone better based on skill and leadership and be the tide that rises all boats. That's what I'm led to believe. Otherwise what's the point?

Greatness!

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Any thoughts?
If Poles is definitely trading him like so many here are guaranteeing. Then why hasn't it happened yet?
I still think it'll probably happen, but it makes me think he's also getting offers for #1 and hasn't yet decided.

I have been seeing a lot of reports that he just hasn't generated the interest that the Bears were expecting. I have seen a third or fourth round draft pick being suggested. I don't think Poles will trade Fields for that kind of compensation.

Rise

Liked Posts:
That was another problem. But this was one side doing their correct job and the other side doing the mirror image of the same job which double teamed B and left A untouched. If I remember right it was the center doing the double team without recognizing it and sliding over to A.

I sure hope it was all the center(s) because if not it's still going to be the same shit show no matter who is on the line as long as the same coach teaching calls can mean opposite things is there.

Everyone wants a wr at 9 but my dream is Alt. I get it I want a stone wall upfront.

Rise

Liked Posts:
My point being 17 games in an of itself isn’t overly interesting. Id rather Williams plays a great 13 than a mediocre 17

Can we just have both like the packers have had for 30 years?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or it's all been one big smoke screen and he was never going to trade Justin Fields for the first place - he just has to make it look like he is to maximize the value of the number one overall pick to get the most back.
In what world does this "maximize" the value of the #1 pick?
if that was the narrative, just announce the Bears would like to trade the #1 pick, they are keeping Fields, and let the bidding begin.

You are making a fool of yourself.

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You mean the QB actually needs help? I thought we were bringing him aboard to overcome the challenges that others could not?

If we really believe in him, he should make everyone better based on skill and leadership and be the tide that rises all boats. That's what I'm led to believe. Otherwise what's the point?

Greatness!

Its kinda telling when you want a rookie to come in here and give him higher expectations than the previous QB who just finished year 3 that gets all the excuses in the world. Context

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
No one has an incentive to do anything right now. Fields is cheap from a salary point of view but teams would rather spend cash on a free agent rather than give up draft capital. Once FA dominoes fall, those without a partner likely circle back to Fields if the Bears are settled on Caleb. The last thing Poles wants to do is convince everyone that he is going to draft Caleb thus making Fields’ trade value nothing since the Bears would need to give him away.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If he plays 17 and is Bryce Young, that really isn't a good starting point
So CW in year 1 has to meet/exceed the level of JF in year 3? Sorry if already answered

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
All becuase they haven't traded Justin doesn't mean that they won't ultimately get the compensation they are looking for. It's possible the Bear's are calling other team's bluffs. Do these other teams really want to pay the premium for 35 year old QBs? Maybe they do, maybe they don't but every other bargaining team can use those QBs as leverage in negotiations right now.

Eventually though, there will be multiple teams left without a QB and no high draft pick. Vikings, Bucs, Broncos, Falcons, Steelers, Raiders. For those teams it's either use a 1st rd pick to draft the 4th/5th/6th QB and hope other teams like the Giants, Jets, Seahawks, Rams, eyc who may want to groom a young QB, doesn't jump them. Or they could make a reasonable offer for Fields.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In the Shanny system - the center calls protections and Whitehair was absolutely terrible at it and while Patrick was decent at setting protections - he fucking sucked as a blocker.

Waldron played a lot of two TE sets in Seattle to help alleviate their OL woes, I'd expect to see us go after Noah Fant so we'd have two reliable TEs who can block and catch at a super high level. They get Fant and a starting level C and obviously another WR and the offense has a chance.

Simply put, you can't have your QB under pressure at the levels Fields faced and have any steady development happen.

Fant is someone I’d love in free agency. The guy has wheels