Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I look forward to reading your reactions when you see just how good Caleb Williams is going to be. Nothing I say now matters but it’s going to be really fun watching my fellow fans of this tragic team finally get some football glory.
I hope you're right. I haven't been able to see it yet. Definitely has crazy arm talent and probably the best of the qb group but I just don't see the great hype. I do expect him to be a Bear and will absolutely hope I'm wrong.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I look forward to reading your reactions when you see just how good Caleb Williams is going to be. Nothing I say now matters but it’s going to be really fun watching my fellow fans of this tragic team finally get some football glory.
Love your confidence, don’t delete your post if he is ass lol

Rise

Liked Posts:
Unless you want to put him with the same oline, its a little moot...

Yes, if the Bears draft Williams and move on from Fields he damn sure better be an upgrade. I would expect it.

Im always for improving the oline but I think Williams would have made last years group look a lot better than they looked. Yes he should be an upgrade or why do it I think that is obvious.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I hope you're right. I haven't been able to see it yet. Definitely has crazy arm talent and probably the best of the qb group but I just don't see the great hype. I do expect him to be a Bear and will absolutely hope I'm wrong.

This is fair. You have to admit you haven’t seen it from Fields either. What do we have to lose? Let’s chase great!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im always for improving the oline but I think Williams would have made last years group look a lot better than they looked. Yes he should be an upgrade or why do it I think that is obvious.
I would expect based on how good you think he is he should be able to hang 3800 yards then? Assuming he plays a full 17..thats only 26 yards more per game than Fields...

Of course he'd have to match fields running as part of the offense or make up for it in passing...

that would be 247 yards per game then...

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is fair. You have to admit you haven’t seen it from Fields either. What do we have to lose? Let’s chase great!
I absolutely admit I haven't.
I see talent and slow improvement. Is it enough? Fair to say no, but I just think it finally started to click towards the end of the year. I can see why that's not enough too though. Especially if CW is as advertised and we have the 1st pick. I'm glad I'm not making the choice.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I would expect based on how good you think he is he should be able to hang 3800 yards then? Assuming he plays a full 17..thats only 26 yards more per game than Fields...

Of course he'd have to match fields running as part of the offense or make up for it in passing...

I think it's fair to start there expectation-wise. Plus more wins since CW will be starting on 2nd base and I been told he don't need as many weapons initially.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I knew Fields was fucked with the Bears when Nagy put him as starter against Cleveland when he had no1st teams reps in the preseason.

What the Bears should’ve done is started Nick Foles. Let Fields sit and learn the game when he wasn’t ready. Instead Nagy started him because Foles called Nagy a bad play caller the year before.

Coaches and team should know how to develop QBs. Bears twice failed to do that just recently. I believe this will be the Bears third strike in a row.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think it's fair to start their expectation wise. Plus more wins since CW will be starting on 2nd base and I been told he don't need as many weapons initially.
more than 20 total TDs...as well

if he plays a full 17 he'd need 4200 yards passing and running and 25 total TDs to beat Fields average per game last year...

Brownie

Liked Posts:
more than 20 total TDs...as well

if he plays a full 17 he'd need 4200 yards passing and running and 25 total TDs to beat Fields average per game last year...
giddy-kramer.gif

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Did you watch any O'Sullivan films? Fields was not the problem with the oline. The oline coach we still have on staff had to be the problem or else Getsy was doing some odd micromanaging of the oline for an OC to bother with.
It was pretty basic stuff that I can't comprehend how you can teach adults who've played the positions for years to do wrong.

The reason I'm OK with Williams is he's mobile enough to not die with the same oline problems. If he does anything better with the same problem existing it will be looking to throw longer. Where Fields' 3 years with this crap have taught him just run when the oline decides to not block because the WRs aren't going to come back for it when the QB starts scrambling.

Rise

Liked Posts:

I’m on record as saying by year 3 he will have set every single season Bears passing record. So yes. Unfair to say that for his rookie year but it would not shock me. Hope that’s fair.

I don’t think he will ever beat fields rushing record from 2022.

Also you can’t project what ifs when it comes to any player. The fact Fields gets hurt every year is a weakness.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Did you watch any O'Sullivan films? Fields was not the problem with the oline. The oline coach we still have on staff had to be the problem or else Getsy was doing some odd micromanaging of the oline for an OC to bother with.
It was pretty basic stuff that I can't comprehend how you can teach adults who've played the positions for years to do wrong.

The reason I'm OK with Williams is he's mobile enough to not die with the same oline problems. If he does anything better with the same problem existing it will be looking to throw longer. Where Fields' 3 years with this crap have taught him just run when the oline decides to not block because the WRs aren't going to come back for it when the QB starts scrambling.

I have not watched this but I know I yelled enough at my tv screen especially about the center getting knocked on his ass.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I absolutely admit I haven't.
I see talent and slow improvement. Is it enough? Fair to say no, but I just think it finally started to click towards the end of the year. I can see why that's not enough too though. Especially if CW is as advertised and we have the 1st pick. I'm glad I'm not making the choice.

I didn’t see it at the end of the year. He excelled against man defense which he has done in the past. Then he played Green Bay who went zone and he shriveled like he always has.

I will always be a fields fan man I was so excited when we drafted him. I wish him the best and will hope he wins every game that isn’t against the Bears .

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m on record as saying by year 3 he will have set every single season Bears passing record. So yes. Unfair to say that for his rookie year but it would not shock me. Hope that’s fair.

I don’t think he will ever beat fields rushing record from 2022.

Also you can’t project what ifs when it comes to any player. The fact Fields gets hurt every year is a weakness.
I would not be worried about the running yards....

Its total yards and total TDs

Turn over ratio

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He said that but also said hes going to do whats in the best interest of the Bears
Which, if he wants to be successful, that should always be his goal. Not what’s best for the player

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about starting with the expectMarion that Caleb plays all 17 games, something Fields has yet to do.
If he plays 17 and is Bryce Young, that really isn't a good starting point