Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It can be Maye too. Not firing Flus is why I’m worried. Imagine the bears aren’t good this year, Poles gets fired, flus gets fired and now the bears have to start over everywhere. Does this sound familiar?
Don’t see any chance Poles or Flus get fired.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don’t see any chance Poles or Flus get fired.
What has a higher chance? Them being fired or us changing your name😂

In all seriousness if the bears don’t have a winning record what justification would they have to keep flus at minimum?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
The same reasons he has issues in the pros:
Crazy how they hit that right on the head. Now I will say this, it doesn’t mean he does all that on every play. But those times he does all that, it’s just costing us a down. Cost us making a play. Which in football, it’s about making more plays than your opponent on the field. Higher chance of winning the game.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Also true. To me the whole thing just seems weird.
It's going to be an interesting couple weeks if nothing else.

It's very weird. And why I think Poles doesn't know yet.
It's also weird that he doesn't know yet but he hasn't been in any rush to supply Fields with the tools.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Flus was on his way to getting fired halfway through last season.

Blind stupidity.
I think Poles really likes Flus. And I think he kept him on for that reason. And if the upcoming season fails, he may keep him to join his football operations team, especially if Ian Cunningham leaves. I actually like to think that Ian’s decision on staying or leaving was the reason Flus was kept as a head coach. Once Ian leaves next year, then Poles places Flus in his position. Then either Waldron or someone knew takes his place. If the upcoming season bombs. If not, he stays in place.

Poles is really close to Ian. They work closely with each other. I don’t hear that with anyone else. He works with everyone, but not as close to Ian. And Flus is the only other person I can think of that he is really close to.

Just my thought on it. I could be 172% wrong on it and I’m fine with that if it is.

Last edited:

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
I guess players can’t improve? That’s why Trubisky is thriving over Mahomes right now because he was taken before him and his scouting report was better? Am I doing this right? @Spitta Andretti ? @inchibearfan ?
No. Some do improve, but Fields has not. He has the same issues he had in college whereas Mahommes does not. Whether the QB improves or not on the weaknesses in college usually is shown by year 3.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
No but are you saying he isn’t responsible for any of those collapses last season?
The team collapses aren’t really what we are talking about. i thought we were talking about the QB’s development/performance.

wins and losses are beside the point. Both Fields and a new QB can still play well individually and the team lose/collapse. Again, I’m not following your trail of logic here.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
He has improved, just not enough to keep him while Williams is on the table
This right here. It’s as simple as that.

Also, just because he slightly improved (more mentally) doesn’t mean he still will. Maybe he does, or maybe this past year was his ceiling. Can’t take that risk of finding out with Williams on the table…

Last edited:

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I guess players can’t improve? That’s why Trubisky is thriving over Mahomes right now because he was taken before him and his scouting report was better? Am I doing this right? @Spitta Andretti ? @inchibearfan ?

They can. But asking a GM to keep faith in a 4th year player improving at the most important position, a player he didn't draft, is a tough ask

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
What has a higher chance? Them being fired or us changing your name😂

In all seriousness if the bears don’t have a winning record what justification would they have to keep flus at minimum?
Idk know that owners of the Bears need any justification. They rarely fire coaches mid contract, although they do seem to do it with a year left.

fans needs to realize that the team owners don’t answer to the fans.

maybe Ginny and Poles like the way Eberflus makes their coffee in the morning? That’s all the justification they need lol

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The team collapses aren’t really what we are talking about. i thought we were talking about the QB’s development/performance.

wins and losses are beside the point. Both Fields and a new QB can still play well individually and the team lose/collapse. Again, I’m not following your trail of logic here.
It started with me being worried about Williams suffering the same fate as Fields. Brought in to basically a HC he is losing, cant do enough to save that HC, HC gets fired and now QB has to learn another system. Wins and loses aren’t besides the point but if you think Flus doesn’t get fired regardless of record this year then I hope you’re right

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Likely due to underwhelming offers ie 3rd & cond. '25 day 2 pick

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They can. But asking a GM to keep faith in a 4th year player improving at the most important position, a player he didn't draft, is a tough ask
I agree with this but your “ why did he fall” take isn’t a good one imo

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It started with me being worried about Williams suffering the same fate as Fields. Brought in to basically a HC he is losing, cant do enough to save that HC, HC gets fired and now QB has to learn another system. Wins and loses aren’t besides the point but if you think Flus doesn’t get fired regardless of record this year then I hope you’re right
It’s also a new offense (prob similar system) with a likely new offensive centerpiece in the #1 overall pick.

what do you think was the biggest problem on the team last year, ie collapses? Offense, defense, or ST?

i personally think Eberflus plays out his contract. The new offensive coaching staff and likely new QB buys him that time imo. U less the team has an absolute Trestman style collapse

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s also a new offense (prob similar system) with a likely new offensive centerpiece in the #1 overall pick.

what do you think was the biggest problem on the team last year, ie collapses? Offense, defense, or ST?
Obviously offense, that’s poor bait Les, but are you saying the defense was good most of the year? They didn’t start playing well until the Sweat trade