Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just to be clear, I'm not saying they won't eventually trade Justin fields. But what I am saying is that there are reasons other than just a low value out there as to why it could be.

And people who are in the tank for Caleb Williams, including those who claim to really be in for Justin Fields but then behave that they're all in for Caleb Williams (looking at you @BaBaBlacksheep ) seem to have a significant blind spot that this could all be a part of a negotiation. And then when that's brought up they act like they're taking it personally and at the same time show they've never been a part of a negotiation, a serious negotiation, at any point in their lives.
#ctespn

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
He didn’t make huge strides in 2023. that narrative needs to stop. That’s why he’s getting shipped out.

all the talk was “Fields is set up for a huge 3rd year with a #1 WR just like Josh Allen and Hurts…”
He had nearly the same passing stats in 2023 as he did in 2022, with less running yards.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
He is definitely getting offers on the # 1 pick and I don't think they really want to trade Fields anyway.
He will get Haul 2.0 and Fields will be the QB next year.
Question - if he plans to use the # 1 pick why is he worrying about or trying to increase the value of that top pick
anyway? If he is using it he wouldn't give a shit.
Question - if he really wants to stick with Fields, then why in the hell is he talking about trading him if they take a QB at #1? Doing right by Justin? Etc etc...

Certainly wasn't the case in 2022.

Sorry man, I know you're a Fields guy and all that, but the writing is on the wall. Chicago's taking a QB at #1 and Fields is going to be traded.

Shane Waldron did not take the Bears OC job to try to fix Justin Fields.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He didn’t make huge strides in 2023. that narrative needs to stop. That’s why he’s getting shipped out.

all the talk was “Fields is set up for a huge 3rd year with a #1 WR just like Josh Allen and Hurts…”
He didn't. But there were glimpses of it post injury. The bad games were mostly due to the interior of the oline being non-existent IMO.

Personally, I don't think he has hit his ceiling yet. And I really don't want to see it happen on another team. But I'm just a humble "Fields Stan".

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or those teams are waiting to see what happens with Kirk Cousins and other free agent QBs first...
Totally. Or the Bears haven’t decided to trade Fields yet for any other reason

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Totally. Or the Bears haven’t decided to trade Fields yet for any other reason

well it takes 2 teams to make a trade so if the other teams are in wait and see mode, then the Bears don't have a choice but to wait...or accept a lowball offer

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You sure? Completion percentage and passer rating are pretty similar. (Slightly better this year)
Positive, as I said he was out for a month. His sacks and ints also dwindled. Not enough to justify keeping him but to outright say he isn’t good or nobody wants him is false

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He didn't. But there were glimpses of it post injury. The bad games were mostly due to the interior of the oline being non-existent IMO.

Personally, I don't think he has hit his ceiling yet. And I really don't want to see it happen on another team. But I'm just a humble "Fields Stan".

There have been glimpses his whole career. That’s why all of us have been super excited about the guy at various points .

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

And that’s fair. I think he might be more of a project than he should be moving forward after his 3rd year, which is to say maybe the Bears screwed up his development (likely lol).

many have pointed to his progress in 2023, but not many mention that his game breaking scrambling/rushing seemed to disappear in 2023. I know maybe that was coached into him, but in my eyes if you take that away, that’s kind of a regression in his play.

its seems like he’ll need the proper coach to correctly utilize him. He surely doesn’t fit ANY offense.

ironically enough, Matt Nagy’s mantra Of “Be You” applies appropriately here lol

Last edited:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

If you don’t think Fields is awful you’re automatically considered a Stan but remember those wanting to immediately move on already have their “ Williams can’t read a defense “ threads preloaded