• IMG_0681.jpeg
    IMG_0681.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 0

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bargaining stage of grief for a lot of fans right now
Which fans though? Bears fans? Fields fans? CW fans?
I consider myself a Bears fan. I'm good whichever route they choose. I prefer Fields and a haul (including a qb) to CW. But that's just because I don't see the great hype of CW. Which probably means CW will be great 😁

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It does say "if you're going to make an offer for #1 it had better be big"

I would hope teams have better things to do with their time than going around blindly knocking on people's doors trying to buy things that don't have for sale signs on them. Imagine 31 teams calling KC making offers for Mahomes every year.

If you want the big offers you come out and say it's for sale and there are many teams interested.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would hope teams have better things to do with their time than going around blindly knocking on people's doors trying to buy things that don't have for sale signs on them. Imagine 31 teams calling KC making offers for Mahomes every year.

If you want the big offers you come out and say it's for sale and there are many teams interested.
Also true. To me the whole thing just seems weird.
It's going to be an interesting couple weeks if nothing else.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also true. To me the whole thing just seems weird.
It's going to be an interesting couple weeks if nothing else.
This whole thing has been odd from the beginning of Gabriel leaking that they are keeping Fields to Stein getting fired for seemingly as the leaker.

Bears claiming that they may keep both Fields and Williams.

Just odd

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Darnold wasn’t traded until a month after fa started. Maybe just be patient
It’s the same posters except I wouldn’t tell the OP to be patient but there is one guy spamming the same thing over and over

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How does it maximize the #1 trade value to make people think the #1 isn't up for trade?
You want as many as possible thinking they have a shot at the #1 interviewing the QBs to get with the #1 at the combine.

Playing cards close to the chest only works when you don't have the #1 pick.
If anything Poles has hurt the value of either situation playing it like he has. As far as we know at least.
Only in your mind do you think the number one is being said to everyone it isn't up for trade.

What's actually been put out there is that the number one is only up for trade for an exorbitant sum. That's different than not being up for trade at all. If you can't detect the nuance and how that would be used in leverage, bargaining, and negotiations, then quite frankly you're not smart enough to be commenting on the subject.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just to be clear, I'm not saying they won't eventually trade Justin fields. But what I am saying is that there are reasons other than just a low value out there as to why it could be.

And people who are in the tank for Caleb Williams, including those who claim to really be in for Justin Fields but then behave that they're all in for Caleb Williams (looking at you @BaBaBlacksheep ) seem to have a significant blind spot that this could all be a part of a negotiation. And then when that's brought up they act like they're taking it personally and at the same time show they've never been a part of a negotiation, a serious negotiation, at any point in their lives.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There’s a ton of factors for why Fields hasn’t been traded but him “not being wanted” isn’t one. The combine just started, can we relax?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That disagrees with several narratives here about can't move Fields, no one wants him...he's a bum...

*dude could be fos as well like ccs...

Or those teams are waiting to see what happens with Kirk Cousins and other free agent QBs first...