Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
One would assume that if the Bears are taking Williams they probably told Fields they are moving on.

I would be curious to see they offers they are getting to trade out of 1.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yes he would.

I wouldn't lie to my client just to squeeze out some extra money.....I have to continue to do business.

Besides if they are moving on with Williams that would be the W, not whatever you could squeeze out from a Fields trade.
Modo.

NFL is a business. Fields will get his chance to start somewhere. That’s good enough word for Poles. But Poles shouldn’t sell Fields for less than what’s Poles thinks he is worth. This will send a bad trend like Pace did previously.

Pace was a laughing stock in NFL circles.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I see three possibilities, or some combination thereof:

1) There is no delay. Talks are progressing exactly as they’re supposed to and we’ll hear something in the next week or so, or around the start of free agency. (I tend to think this)

2) There’s not a high return offer for Fields, so there’s less of an urgency to get something done RIGHT NOW.

3) Teans are waiting to see where other QBs land.

These three things can work together with each other.

I don’t buy for one second that Poles doesn’t know what he’s going to do or that he’s waffling. Fields is gone. You don’t talk that way about your QB and bring him back.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Modo.

NFL is a business. Fields will get his chance to start somewhere. That’s good enough word for Poles. But Pooles should sell Fields for less than what’s Poles thinks he is worth. This will send a bad trend like Pace did previously.

lord...

I already stated they still have time to trade him and do right by Fields...probably right after the legal tampering period after the FA QB carosel....

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One would assume that if the Bears are taking Williams they probably told Fields they are moving on.

I would be curious to see they offers they are getting to trade out of 1.
One would assume this hasn’t been decided yet considering they haven’t met with anyone longer than 20 minutes

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
One would assume this hasn’t been decided yet considering they haven’t met with anyone longer than 20 minutes
that we know of...

But it doesn't take much for a GM to call someone on the cell phone and make an offer...

I'm just curious where it starts and how high it goes.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

All this word talk made me think of this….

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
What fucking word was given? Damn this is stupid.
Exactly. He said he would like to do right by him. But doesn’t mean he will.

And who gives a fuck if it takes longer. Poles will take it and be the bad guy here if he has to be. He ain’t worried about looking like a bad guy. Shit will drop off later and business resumes. NFL executives don’t hold on to shit. If they like something and want it, they will make it happen, no matter what you’ve done in the past. Didn’t McDaniels get hired after doing the Colts dirty? Got hired twice to be exact. They don’t give a fuck.

And Poles didn’t promise shit. Not sure where they are getting this from. What are we in elementary school? “I promise”

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Any thoughts?
If Poles is definitely trading him like so many here are guaranteeing. Then why hasn't it happened yet?
I still think it'll probably happen, but it makes me think he's also getting offers for #1 and hasn't yet decided.
He is definitely getting offers on the # 1 pick and I don't think they really want to trade Fields anyway.
He will get Haul 2.0 and Fields will be the QB next year.
Question - if he plans to use the # 1 pick why is he worrying about or trying to increase the value of that top pick
anyway? If he is using it he wouldn't give a shit.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I think it's indecision. Some of it understandable considering the potential for each situation.

Trade #1 gets a lot. If you trade Fields that means you probably draft Williams which could mean a lot, or a bust.
So push all in on one potential talent or get a lot of potential talents.

I don't think it's about holding cards close. That makes no sense in either situation.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Modo.

NFL is a business. Fields will get his chance to start somewhere. That’s good enough word for Poles. But Poles shouldn’t sell Fields for less than what’s Poles thinks he is worth. This will send a bad trend like Pace did previously.

And yet he still found another job in the NFL. Crazy huh?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is definitely getting offers on the # 1 pick and I don't think they really want to trade Fields anyway.
He will get Haul 2.0 and Fields will be the QB next year.
Question - if he plans to use the # 1 pick why is he worrying about or trying to increase the value of that top pick
anyway? If he is using it he wouldn't give a shit.
Like I said the pictre will be much clear at the start of the tampering period.....

Same time Poles traded out of first last year, probably about the same time Fields will be moved if that's the route they go.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Any thoughts?
If Poles is definitely trading him like so many here are guaranteeing. Then why hasn't it happened yet?
I still think it'll probably happen, but it makes me think he's also getting offers for #1 and hasn't yet decided.
Maybe because having Fields this year for $6 mil, trying him out with a new OC, having the option of letting the rookie QB sit, and having a good backup QB is worth more than a 2nd Rd pick?

Plus, Poles said he'll have to interview 30 people on C. Williams alone. He's got time to do his homework.

I guess if his top priority was to trade Fields, maybe it'd already be done... so... :unsure:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cliff got his ass fired!
The leak was let go...

Literally right after Gabriel announced the Bears were keeping Fields, Stein got fired and Gabriel locked down his twitter...

Just recently Gabriel now stating they could trade both....

Just fucking strange.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe because having Fields this year for $6 mil, trying him out with a new OC, having the option of letting the rookie QB sit, and having a good backup QB is worth more than a 2nd Rd pick?

Plus, Poles said he'll have to interview 30 people on C. Williams alone. He's got time to do his homework.

I guess if his top priority was to trade Fields, maybe it'd already be done... so... :unsure:
In reality they did say they would draft Williams and keep Fields if needs be....most people don't believe this tho