Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And that’s fair. I think he might be more of a project than he should be moving forward after his 3rd, which is to say maybe the Bears screwed up his development (likely lol).

many have pointed to his progress in 2023, but not many mention that his game breaking scrambling/rushing seemed to disappear in 2023. I know maybe that was coached into him, but in my eyes if you take that away, that’s kind of a regression in his play.

its seems like he’ll need the proper coach to correctly utilize him. He surely doesn’t fit ANY offense.
He basically said he didn’t want to run and was told not to as well. His drop was also fucked by Getsy who wanted him to “ play like Rodgers”. His development was killed here and I unfortunately see the same for Williams

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
You realize he was out for a month, correct?
So does being out a month change the fact he had 300 some odd more passing yards on 52 more attempts? I dont see how that comes into play. I was conparing the 2022 Fields who missed time to 2023 Fields who also missed time.

One thing you can count on from Fields is missing playing time.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He basically said he didn’t want to run and was told not to as well. His drop was also fucked by Getsy who wanted him to “ play like Rodgers”. His development was killed here and I unfortunately see the same for Williams

Don’t even know if we’re going to draft the guy and already bitching. 😂

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I mean why do you see the same for CW? Completely different offensive staff now.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don’t even know if we’re going to draft the guy and already bitching. 😂
It can be Maye too. Not firing Flus is why I’m worried. Imagine the bears aren’t good this year, Poles gets fired, flus gets fired and now the bears have to start over everywhere. Does this sound familiar?

Luke

Liked Posts:
He started two less games than he did in 2022.

His numbers were still pretty damn similar across the board with significantly less rushing yards.

which affected his total TD's which were also down 25 - 20.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sour grapes. Can't fathom that maybe, just maybe, Fields was never going to be better than he is. Its not like he didn’t have the same issues in college
Didn’t he play better in college or am I crazy? I guess he just ran to death then too

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Sour grapes. Can't fathom that maybe, just maybe, Fields was never going to be better than he is. Its not like he didn’t have the same issues in college
Fields has everything you want in a QB (e.g., size, arm, and running ability, etc.), but does not have it mentally (i.e., anticipation throws) and most likely never will.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Only in your mind do you think the number one is being said to everyone it isn't up for trade.

What's actually been put out there is that the number one is only up for trade for an exorbitant sum. That's different than not being up for trade at all. If you can't detect the nuance and how that would be used in leverage, bargaining, and negotiations, then quite frankly you're not smart enough to be commenting on the subject.

At this point, and it would go without saying: We have Fields and we have the #1. Give us a call and we'll put you on the interested lists for when we know what we're doing.
I don't know if those exorbitant amount reports are any more reliable than anything else that is being put as as fact when it's actually reporters liberally reading between the lines that have been said.
If that is what's out there telling people you want way over value for an item also cuts interest.
Without a bidding war for a specific player draft trades do not get exorbitant amounts over value. If that is true it's as good as saying it's not for sale. Nobody is jumping to break the bank so Poles can scammaz them or waste their time.

So we made it through the Combine and teams are treating this as any other draft where the #1 QB is taken and they're moving on. They all have plan B. Depending on how high they are on plan B it hurts the value of plan A.
If you listen to CCS posters some teams could rather have any number of QBs over any other. There is no real single QB to have that bidding war over.

And it really hurts the value of Fields. Even if we're talking Steelers at #20 and unlikely to move up to top 5. Unless they are seriously talking with Poles about Fields they have other plans in mind by now. They could like the other plans more than Fields since they've interviewed them without knowing if Fields is even on the block.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It can be Maye too. Not firing Flus is why I’m worried. Imagine the bears aren’t good this year, Poles gets fired, flus gets fired and now the bears have to start over everywhere. Does this sound familiar?

Meh. I’ll worry about that when/if the time comes. Absolutely no need to worry now. I thought I was supposed to be the pessimist?

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
did he drop to the 4th QB taken or am I just mistaken? Why did he drop?
The same reasons he has issues in the pros:

Negatives: Does not always find the center fielder, which results in interceptions. Slow to process and at times slow pulling the trigger. Stares down the primary target.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
so you think Eberflus is out there coaching the offense?
No but are you saying he isn’t responsible for any of those collapses last season?