Why Fields hasnt been traded yet

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Ya'll Caleb Truthers are falling back on your hyperbole faster than a mutha!

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he will be long term. But rookies are still rookies. No matter where they’re drafted.
I'm kinda with you here. I'm all for the future more than the now.
If it takes a few years then so be it. The only thing that sucks is I think we've already got past the bad part of Fields.
If we take CW he is absolutely coming to a way better situation so hopefully it won't take as long.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya'll Caleb Truthers are falling back on your hyperbole faster than a mutha!

not really

caleb is an upgrade from justin fields, its that simple. only ones attaching "generational" expectations are the ones against taking caleb in the first place

msadows

Liked Posts:
not really

caleb is an upgrade from justin fields, its that simple. only ones attaching "generational" expectations are the ones against taking caleb in the first place

We hope he's an upgrade, only thing he's done related to the NFL so far is have a press conference.

msadows

Liked Posts:
the bar is low

Not really, one was a top 100 player by his peers last year.

One is an unknown, the other is a disappointment. Very likely that caleb could also be a disappointment, because thats how the NFL works.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I do expect Caleb to be an upgrade if they draft him at #1, but pegging him into that category already is just setting yourself up to be disappointed.

msadows

Liked Posts:
:oprah2:

one hasnt even thrown for 3000 yards

spare me the top 100 list. where are the results

Still an NFL rookie who hasn't thrown a single pass. He could end up sucking. Saying he's an upgrade is like saying Greg Oden was an upgrade when he was drafted. You never know what will happen, especially when the guy is playing under center for the bears.

You HOPE he's an upgrade.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still an NFL rookie who hasn't thrown a single pass. He could end up sucking. Saying he's an upgrade is like saying Greg Oden was an upgrade when he was drafted. You never know what will happen, especially when the guy is playing under center for the bears.

You HOPE he's an upgrade.

sounds more like you hope he isn't. like i said, the bar is low and it doesn't have anything to do with some nfl network top 100 list

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
the bar is low
See I disagree with this.
If you look at the context of Fields career he never really had a chance.
Once he realized "fuck it, the only WR I can trust is DJ" he started hitting him on some insanely good throws.
IMO, we have been through his growing pains.
Then again if we pass on CW and Fields sucks then fuck Poles 😁

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
the bar is low
Either you're disingenuous or a dimwit.

Fields in year 4 vs Caleb in year 1 will be a major narrative all season long

Eberflus' job security will be a story all year long if they struggle

The only way both of those narratives go away is if they hit the ground running and win right away. Caleb will have a top 5 defense and most likely will be asked to game manage much more than he did in college so it's set up well for him. The stats will be worthless (as it was for Justin when the defense emerged and he game managed following his injury) and the only thing that matters in this situation is W/L.

This can work out but to downplay Justin's talent/ability and pretend like Eberflus wasn't just named (by Bears players) the worst retuning HC in the NFL is putting your head in the sand.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Either you're disingenuous or a dimwit.

Fields in year 4 vs Caleb in year 1 will be a major narrative all season long

Eberflus' job security will be a story all year long if they struggle

The only way both of those narratives go away is if they hit the ground running and win right away. Caleb will have a top 5 defense and most likely will be asked to game manage much more than he did in college so it's set up well for him. The stats will be worthless (as it was for Justin when the defense emerged and he game managed following his injury) and the only thing that matters in this situation is W/L.

This can work out but to downplay Justin's talent/ability and pretend like Eberflus wasn't just named (by Bears players) the worst retuning HC in the NFL is putting your head in the sand.

yup, Caleb is going to have a difficult time replacing Sam Darnold level production

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
I feel like some of the same people would be saying the same things after Fields's 7th season. "He's shown progress!! Give him time to develop! His team sucks. His coaches suck. We can't give up on him now. He's only 28! Etc etc etc."

I'm really confused on fans clamoring to keep a subpar QB with bad statistics in very key categories over taking a chance on a talent like Caleb Williams. If he busts, we're simply back in the same situation we are now. Searching for that elusive franchise QB. Can't pass this opportunity up.