Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had a discussion yesterday that said expecting Lawrence level performance from CW was too much.

I think 3600 passing yards and 300 rushing yards should be a good starting point to evaluate CW.
With 12TDs (14 with rushes), 17 INTs, 9 fumbles (5 lost, 22 turnovers) and 71 rating? I'd hope for a better overall season.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
They're giving up a ton of draft capital for him....not out of the question to expect a significant return for your investment. That's the thing, I don't give a fuck what they do with Fields...it's what they're passing up to draft this guy.
Exactly. He better be ready. The opportunity cost warrants it.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With 12TDs, 17 INTs, 9 (5 lost) fumbles (22 turnovers) and 71 rating? I'd hope for a better overall season.
Yeah that’s why I don’t get the grouping. Wildly different seasons

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're giving up a ton of draft capital for him....not out of the question to expect a significant return for your investment. That's the thing, I don't give a fuck what they do with Fields...it's what they're passing up to draft this guy.
correct.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I feel like the same meatballs will be disappointed in caleb's rookie season unless he throws for 4k yards and 30TD's @Rise

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Why can't anyone just can't say "Caleb Williams/Maye/et. al. are better." It's always, "he'll have a better team, better coaches, blah blah blah" . . . You'd think Fields is both the best quarterback and most unsupportive of all time . . .
Because would Williams or Maye succeed if they were out in exact same spot as Fields first 3 years?

This is why I believe to build the team first before getting the QB. Give the QB the best chance to succeed.

Mahomes, Jackson didn’t came and start right away for their teams. They sat behind a vet QB and didn’t have teams devoid of talent.

Fields came in with a GM and HC heading out the door. The team’s talent was on a downward trend due to being old and bad contracts. Then 2nd year was a gut job. This isn’t a recipe for success to develop a QB.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah that’s why I don’t get the grouping. Wildly different seasons
I am talking at a minimum passing yards. I can deal heightened INTS his first year, but if he shits the bed passing and can't even line up to other similarly drafted players...there is an issue.

The other teams were drafting at 1 out of necessity because they were the worst teams in the league previously....thats not the case with the Bears.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
LOL I hope people see the double standard here. Some of y’all just ain’t serious.
What double standard?

I think ppl see that JF is being called a bottom of the league QB and CW is a no brainer cant miss at the position. "Have to take him number one", even if you forgo the opportunity to build the roster more completely by acquiring more picks.

Expecting him to perform and win is absolutely reasonable.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
With 12TDs (14 with rushes), 17 INTs, 9 fumbles (5 lost, 22 turnovers) and 71 rating? I'd hope for a better overall season.
i was told to keep my expectations lower...i disagreed.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Exactly. He better be ready. The opportunity cost deserves it.
You don’t know what they’re passing up. We won’t know what offers (if any) were made. But Bears fans will imagine they passed up THE HAUL OF THE CENTURY and it will forever cloud their judgment.

“Bears passed up 3 firsts and 2 seconds and a player!!! Caleb better be GENERATIONAL.”

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You don’t know what they’re passing up. We won’t know what offers (if any) were made. But Bears fans will imagine they passed up THE HAUL OF THE CENTURY and it will forever cloud their judgment.

“Bears passed up 3 firsts and 2 seconds and a player!!! Caleb better be GENERATIONAL.”
Caleb better be an 15 year All Pro if the Bears give up 3 1sts and 2 2nds for him. That’s a lot of draft capital to give up.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am talking at a minimum passing yards. I can deal heightened INTS his first year, but if he shits the bed passing and can't even line up to other similarly drafted players...there is an issue.

The other teams were drafting at 1 out of necessity because they were the worst teams in the league previously....thats not the case with the Bears.
Who gives a flying fuck about yards? What were Mahomes yards his rookie season? Think the Chiefs regret that? What about AR sitting for years? This is about the final product and people are acting like it’ll be a tragedy if the Bears miss out on that wildcard berth this year. 😂

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
They see a great athlete with a strong arm and leadership qualities and conflate that with being a great QB. His ceiling appears to be good starter/ franchise QB but that's not assured. Better to shoot for one of those top 8 or so guys if you want a chance every year.
We also see the situation. Fields has had it bad. The team and coaching near league bottom. I don't understand how some never factor that fact in. We don't need a QB right now. We need a team that gives a QB has a chance to succeed. If CV was drafted 3 years ago most of you would be screaming for his replacement now. I always thought Flus and Fields stay or go together. I think that was always the plan. We'll see.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
I feel like the same meatballs will be disappointed in caleb's rookie season unless he throws for 4k yards and 30TD's @Rise
Nah he can have lower as long as he wins. He'll be ight with me.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who gives a flying fuck about yards? What were Mahomes yards his rookie season? Think the Chiefs regret that? What about AR sitting for years? This is about the final product and people are acting like it’ll be a tragedy if the Bears miss out on that wildcard berth this year. 😂
so you'd be cool with a Bryce Young year