Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
"Shows he's the guy" after his rookie season?

Meanwhile makes arguments about retaining Fields and he's going to year 4
We know who Field is. We don’t know what Willams can do in the NFL.

With a trade down. The bears can get MHJ or Nabors, a DE (Turner would be my guy), a2nd round pick for BPA at position of need., a 1st and 2nd 2025. Maybe a 1st in 2026 or a proven NFL player.

That’s a lot to give up for an unknown. The Bears are a playoff contender with Fields as QB. At least be a playoff contender with Williams at the helm. Especially with a stacked team the Bears should be after the draft and FA.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm sure teams like the colts didn't have to deal with this "HAUL" nonsense when picking Manning or Luck. Or the bengals with Burrow. Or the Jags with Lawrence. These are all just obvious decisions. How it turns out is besides the point.

Also, the bears are set to surround CW with a solid team. A few nice pick-ups in the draft and FA and the Bears could have a solid roster top to bottom.
Well actually, the Bengals did. MIA was trying real hard for that pick.

But you are right, "making the pick just makes sense."

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Burrow and Stroud showed they were the guy.
Stroud should’ve been the no#1 pick last year. Carolina fucked up.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

With a trade down. The bears can get MHJ or Nabors, a DE (Turner would be my guy), a2nd round pick for BPA at position of need., a 1st and 2nd 2025. Maybe a 1st in 2026 or a proven NFL player.

That’s a lot to give up for an unknown. The Bears are a playoff contender with Fields as QB. At least be a playoff contender with Williams at the helm. Especially with a stacked team the Bears should be after the draft and FA.

There is zero guarantee the bears are a playoff contender with Fields. Hes 10-28

Bust

Liked Posts:
I'm sure teams like the colts didn't have to deal with this "HAUL" nonsense when picking Manning or Luck.

Also, the bears are set to surround CW with a solid team. A few nice pick-ups in the draft and FA and the Bears could have a solid roster top to bottom.

it's because Justin is only 24 years of age and showed improvement in the 2nd half of the season. Who were Luck, Mannimg and Lawrence replacing?

as a reminder the Bears did finish out 5-0 @ home games. 5-3 to end the year and should have swept (dominated both games) the nfc championship representative, Detroit Lions.

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Can you give me an argument that if Williams looks bad and team doesn’t make playoffs, Eberflus will be retained as HC?
Give time.. Take as an example, Andy Reid was fired by the Eagles because the team was bad, hired by KC took little time and now is making history..

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Can you give me an argument that if Williams looks bad and team doesn’t make playoffs, Eberflus will be retained as HC?
Sure. You aren't the owner of the Bears. The McCaskey's will do whatever they want and won't be consulting you on firing or retaining the HC of the team.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Give time.. Take as an example, Andy Reid was fired by the Eagles because the team was bad, hired by KC took little time and now is making history..
Reid made Super Bowl with Eagles and was in playoffs multiple times. That’s a bad argument

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sure. You aren't the owner of the Bears. The McCaskey's will do whatever they want and won't be consulting you on firing or retaining the HC of the team.
Did the McCaskeys learned their lesson by keeping an HC too long? Nagy was a recent one.

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
it's because Justin is only 24 years of age and showed improvement in the 2nd half of the season. Who were Luck, Mannimg and Lawrence replacing?

as a reminder the Bears did finish out 5-0 @ home games. 5-3 to end the year and should have swept (dominated both games) the nfc championship representative, Detroit Lions.
Luck was replacing Manning. The bears turnaround had a lot more to do with the defense than Fields. Just because he's only 24 doesn't give reason to keep a bad QB over a great prospect in the most important of positions in sports.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I mean you do see the context of Fields first 3 years right? The first 2 he had zero chance.
It's one thing ti prefer CW, I can understand that. But atleast admit Fields was fucked. You can almost call this going in to year two in a way.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

That’s a lot to give up for an unknown. The Bears are a playoff contender with Fields as QB.
At least be a playoff contender with Williams at the helm. Especially with a stacked team the Bears should be after the draft and FA.

1: you don’t know what you would get. You’re speculating
2: you don’t know the Bears are a playoff contender with Fields.
3: all of the players you get in the haul are unknowns too

Basically you’re crying because you want one unknown situation vs another unknown situation

RuszBron1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
Reid made Super Bowl with Eagles and was in playoffs multiple times. That’s a bad argument
That does not mean Flus will not be able to do the same/similar thing..

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And lost a NO, Chargers, and Viking games with bad INTs and fumbles.

And? Justin Fields hasn't shown that he's a guarantee to beat any of those teams. I simply pointed out that he's not responsible for all the wins the Bears had last season so trying to paint him as some hypothetical playoff quarterback is ridiculous

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:

I don't get this thinking. If any team is willing to give up that much in draft capital to get Williams, doesn't that say that this guy is the real deal?