CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You don’t know what they’re passing up. We won’t know what offers (if any) were made. But Bears fans will imagine they passed up THE HAUL OF THE CENTURY and it will forever cloud their judgment.

“Bears passed up 3 firsts and 2 seconds and a player!!! Caleb better be GENERATIONAL.”

They already have the pick. Its house money. What draft capital did they "waste"?

People trying their hardest to shit on the move because they either can't get past a sub par QB or they don't like Caleb Williams because he cried and paints his nails. Completely unreasonable and in the end their crying matters little

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Who gives a flying fuck about yards? What were Mahomes yards his rookie season? Think the Chiefs regret that? What about AR sitting for years? This is about the final product and people are acting like it’ll be a tragedy if the Bears miss out on that wildcard berth this year. 😂
Do the Bears have a Brett Favre or Alex Smith for a young QB to learn from?

Sheep you are wrong about this. Williams should at least be a game manager with moments of brilliance. Also will come through in 4th quarter moments. Especially with the Bears improved talent on offense and defense.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of course not. But what if Bryce plays great this year? Or have you given up on him after one season?
ok...so are we allowed to judge CW by how he plays this year? or should we just just hope it works out after three years no matter what the stats are?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
They're giving up a ton of draft capital for him....not out of the question to expect a significant return for your investment. That's the thing, I don't give a fuck what they do with Fields...it's what they're passing up to draft this guy.

The imaginary haul will always win with you guys.

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
I'm sure teams like the colts didn't have to deal with this "HAUL" nonsense when picking Manning or Luck. Or the bengals with Burrow. Or the Jags with Lawrence. These are all just obvious decisions. How it turns out is besides the point.

Also, the bears are set to surround CW with a solid team. A few nice pick-ups in the draft and FA and the Bears could have a solid roster top to bottom.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
ok...so are we allowed to judge CW by how he plays this year? or should we just just hope it works out after three years no matter what the stats are?
Define judge? You can acknowledge a bad year. But if you’re the type of fan that thinks a rookie season defines a career then I’m just going to stop replying to you

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We also see the situation. Fields has had it bad. The team and coaching near league bottom. I don't understand how some never factor that fact in. We don't need a QB right now. We need a team that gives a QB has a chance to succeed. If CV was drafted 3 years ago most of you would be screaming for his replacement now. I always thought Flus and Fields stay or go together. I think that was always the plan. We'll see.
We need both for more than respectability.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
With Eberflus as HC? Yes. Should’ve brought in a new HC to start from scratch.

If there is no playoffs, then Eberflus and staff will get fired and the circle starts once again for the Bears on QB development.

You don’t know this. You guys make up so much shit in your heads.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Define judge? You can acknowledge a bad year. But if you’re the type of fan that thinks a rookie season defines a career then I’m just going to stop replying to you
Can you give me an argument that if Williams looks bad and team doesn’t make playoffs, Eberflus will be retained as HC?

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Caleb gets one year to prove it. Cause they could have a haul

Fields should get 5 years to prove it. Never mind they wasted an additional 1st round pick to trade up and get him. Who cares about that pick though

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can you give me an argument that if Williams looks bad and team doesn’t make playoffs, Eberflus will be retained as HC?

This is dumb. I’m not arguing Flus’s future a week before free agency. Have at it if you want

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is dumb. I’m not arguing Flus’s future a week before free agency. Have at it if you want
I’m talking hypothetical. Will he be retained if Bears don’t make playoffs and Williams doesn’t show he is the guy? Especially this Bears team will be ready to compete for playoff spot after FA and draft.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sounds familiar.

Of course you judge him but like Fields early play, not by stats nor is it a final judgement after 1 year unless obvious one way or the other. You watch his play and see if he's acclimating to the pro game and pocket, taking coaching etc. Hope that becomes moot in the good way and early on.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m talking hypothetical. Will he be retained if Bears don’t make playoffs and Williams doesn’t show he is the guy? Especially this Bears team will be ready to compete for playoff spot after FA and draft.

"Shows he's the guy" after his rookie season?

Meanwhile makes arguments about retaining Fields and he's going to year 4