1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lets just move up in the 2nd ALSO..... and take TWO fuckin QBs

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:obama:

Wake up dude, jesus. I'm not concerned about him NOW. He's a Cowboy. We can't go back and draft him, or Carr, or Wilson, or Brees or Brady or any of the other QBs who were not first rounders yet have gone on to succeed in the NFL. And, once again, NOBODY knows whether he would be doing well on the Bears. He's sitting in the perfect situation with the best OL in football in front of him and the best RB in football behind him. Who couldn't do well in that situation? You also have no idea if he's going to have a sophomore slump or be great for a decade.

I'm only concerned with who the Bears pick in 2017. But hey, if you prefer to stew over not having Prescott, have at it.

My whole point is Pace has screwed up by not taking a swing at a QB. If he's that brain dead that he won't even take a chance over two years of drafting when he has Cutler for his QB.... then I have no faith in him making the right choice this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would not be against taking 2 quarterbacks this draft. Seems to have worked out ok for the Redskins and we don't have to mortgage our future to trade up to get one.

I said this same thing a while back that if we don't go QB in the 1st round that we should take 2 QB in say the 2nd and 3rd or 4th round. I know some will of course look at it as wasting a pick but with this QB class coming out a lot of these kids having question marks so get two of them and let them battle it out and if we're lucky we come away with two good QB's and we can trade one but hopefully one of them can become our future QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I said this same thing a while back that if we don't go QB in the 1st round that we should take 2 QB in say the 2nd and 3rd or 4th round. I know some will of course look at it as wasting a pick but with this QB class coming out a lot of these kids having question marks so get two of them and let them battle it out and if we're lucky we come away with two good QB's and we can trade one but hopefully one of them can become our future QB.

I'd be fine taking two QB's even if they went round 1 and 2. Nothing else matters at this point. Get some young talent at QB. Get a head coach that can develop them. And fix the damn Oline.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
*cough* white *cough*

What about the one he passed on when he had 3 picks in the 4th?

So you believe that any GM that passed on drafting D.Prescott is bad at his job then right?? That must be what you're saying or is it only R.Pace?? SMDH

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Blaming pace for not taking Prescott is absurd. There's a reason he wasn't taken before round 4. Nobody knew he was going to be this good, if he even is. I have no idea how he'd be without the best OL and running game in football.

He just doesn't get it which actually says a lot about him. He has so much hate for the Bears and R.Pace that he can't even look at things in a logical way.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you believe that any GM that passed on drafting D.Prescott is bad at his job then right?? That must be what you're saying or is it only R.Pace?? SMDH

Cowboys were smart enough to at least take a chance. Bears didn't even do that. The need was painfully obvious for a young QB and they passed on several young QB's.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My whole point is Pace has screwed up by not taking a swing at a QB. If he's that brain dead that he won't even take a chance over two years of drafting when he has Cutler for his QB.... then I have no faith in him making the right choice this year.

So you damn him for not taking QBs before, but you're not happy with him picking one now. You expect him to be able to pick QBs in round 4 that nobody had a clue would ever be a starter, but you don't trust him to pick 3rd overall. Right.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I would not be against taking 2 quarterbacks this draft. Seems to have worked out ok for the Redskins and we don't have to mortgage our future to trade up to get one.

I'd definitely want to hedge our bets. If Mahommes goes in the 3rd I'd have to strongly think about it.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So you damn him for not taking QBs before, but you're not happy with him picking one now. You expect him to be able to pick QBs in round 4 that nobody had a clue would ever be a starter, but you don't trust him to pick 3rd overall. Right.

LOL. You're just trolling. You're not this dumb Mick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The concern is Pace... Prescott was the example.

The percentage of people that are worried about R.Pace is much smaller than the percentage that aren't worried about him. People that know the game of football understand what it takes to rebuild a team and know that you can't judge these young kids after one or two years in the league. It's really just common sense.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL. You're just trolling. You're not this dumb Mick.

I was thinking the same thing. You're all over the place with this shit. You're not happy with him drafting 3rd because you don't trust him to get the pick right, and your reasoning for not trusting him is that he didn't have the unique clairvoyance to know that a 4th rounder nobody expected to start was going to do well in the first half of the season on a team with the best OL and RB in the game. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Then you're a fool. If Pace had picked Dak we could have had a starter locked up and then used a top pick on a game changing defensive talent.

And do you think having the 3rd pick guarantees a good QB or something? Have you not seen the number of busts in round 1 of the draft? The 3rd pick is no guarantee of anything. If Pace had any smarts he should have picked a QB each of the last two years. At the very least he should have drafted one. Drafting none is simply inexcusable. You have to throw numbers at the QB position. Simply taking one swing every 3 years like the Bears do is ridiculous and part of the reason we're in this predicament. Look at the Patriots. They had two good QB's and STILL drafted J. Brissett.

It amazes me how R.Pace is a GM in the NFL and you're just a guy on a message board when it's so clear that the roles should be reversed....lol

Answer this question if you can honestly. Do you think that any GM or anyone can predict how good a QB will be in the NFL from watching him play in college and what they see from him at the combine or whatever other scouting they do on them or do you think that it can't be predicted how good a QB will be in the NFL from any of that??

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Here's the thing. When you have a top 3 pick, it goes back to the argument of drafting BPA or drafting for need. It's clear that we have a dire need at QB. However, when you have possible all-pro talents staring you in the face (Garrert or Jonathan Allen) do you pass them up for a QB that has several flaws/question marks?

I've mentioned before that teams have used the strategy of taking that potential all-pro talent and then coming back for their franchise QB later in the first or early 2nd. In 2013 the Raiders QBs were Matt McGloin and Terrell Pryor. In the 2014 draft they went Khalil Mack with the 5th overall pick then grabbed Derek Carr with the 36th pick.

2013 the Vikings had Matt Cassell, Josh Freeman and Christian Ponder as their QBs. In the 2014 draft they took Anthony Barr with the 9th overall pick then grabbed Teddy B with the 32nd pick.

Just because you have a need at QB doesn't mean you have to reach for one with your first pick. If you have reservations about any of the top QBs then don't reach for them and take the player with less question marks.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He didn't screw up, we're rebuilding. Now when this rebuild is over in lets say two years and we still don't have our future QB then it can be said that he screwed up but as of now there's no screwing up that has happened. Sure it would be great if he did draft Prescott in the 4th round but let the past go man and look to the future and hope Pace gets it right.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Has this even been proven that Pace went after these guys? Or is this simply a Twitter rumor?

I can tell you with 100% certainty that he had worked out a trade to move up to #2 in the draft. H did not pull the trigger because he could not get certainty on whether the Rams were taking Goff or Wentz. And he did not want Goff.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd be fine taking two QB's even if they went round 1 and 2. Nothing else matters at this point. Get some young talent at QB. Get a head coach that can develop them. And fix the damn Oline.

How great would it be if we drafted two QB's and both end up looking like they'll be good/great NFL QB's and then we could just trade one for a 1st round pick+??

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
The percentage of people that are worried about R.Pace is much smaller than the percentage that aren't worried about him. People that know the game of football understand what it takes to rebuild a team and know that you can't judge these young kids after one or two years in the league. It's really just common sense.

So you're saying you can't judge Jordan Howard yet?

Or Cody Whithair?