2012 Around the NFL Thread (Non-Bears News)

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
My god did I just suddenly wander into the Dallas Cowboys forum?

I actually agree with a lot of what Joe said here.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Romo and Big Bang Ben are the two best QB in the league at shedding the Rush but the "Experts" calling Romo An elite QB is A Joke.

paytonisgod

Liked Posts:
Very little attention should be paid to anything Theisman says. He is well known for contradicting himself in the same sentence. He has never been shown to be particularly insightful into any part of the game.

He seems to be one of those announcers who people remember because of the way he says things and not because what he actually says. What he says usually being thin on substance and often just stupid.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I don't remember anyone claiming Tony Romo is the next Roger Staubach. In fact, I don't think anyone has said a nice word about Tony Romo since he bobbled the XP snap against Seattle, and that was years ago. Theismann is entitled to his opinion, however wrong, but his characterization that eveyone is praising Romo is incorrect.
Except prior to the Bears game when everyone was saying that Romo was leaps and bounds better then Cutler.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My god did I just suddenly wander into the Dallas Cowboys forum?

I actually agree with a lot of what Joe said here.
914251be389f0a17257ebc496e5022907b0ade4.jpg

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
'Ooh they're wonderful and ooh they're terrific, ooh they're the next Roger Staubach' or whatever the heck they want to say. They're full of bologna.

:andruw:

Tony has too many bad games.

A guy with a career 96 QB rating has too many bad games?

Tony Romo is not a very good quarterback. Somebody has to say it, so I just did. … He's good, but he should be a lot better, or the reputation he's carried should have him play a lot better."

wait,what?

First, this guy's an idiot. Second, he's a former Redskins player. So, ya, this is pretty much just meaningless jargon.

:umud:

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Romo isn't one of the elite but he's a pretty good QB and seems like a good guy. He gets far more flack than he deserves.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Well yeah.

Romo isn't a "very" good QB. He's perfectly fine unless it's a big game, in which case he tends to shit the bed.

EDIT: That said, Theisman is a total buffoon.

Last edited:

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
Romo is only played 6 seasons, so all this nonsense about why hasn't he won a super bowl yet is crazy talk. It's hard to do, takes a great defense and usually even a clutch kicker. And a number of great QB's didn't even win one or they won it much later in their career.

Romo is 49-32, with a career 95 rating. His first season playing was only 10 games.. He missed most of 2010, but in his 4 other seasons, 3 times he threw over 4000 yards, twice he threw over 30 TD's. Last year he was 4184 yards, 31TD's, 10INT's, 102 rating which is just insanely good. His worst season was a 91 rating... which would be a record season for a number of franchises including the Bears.

He's still probalby got 5 seasons in him, so I wouldn't be counting him out just yet. I bet he bounces back well and goes on a winning streak.. good time to trade for him in fantasy.

Kleats

Liked Posts:
Theismann career rating : 77 - good for 82nd

Romo : 97 - 3rd

( JC - 84 - 30th if anyones interested ) and with generally lousy O-lines . But who's looking at all factors ? LOL

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Theismann career rating : 77 - good for 82nd

Romo : 97 - 3rd

( JC - 84 - 30th if anyones interested ) and with generally lousy O-lines . But who's looking at all factors ? LOL

No offense, but not you. Theisman played in a different era.

Kleats

Liked Posts:
No offense, but not you. Theisman played in a different era.
If u mean less passing ok . But I still don't think that means much . Passer rating is passer rating .

What r u getting at here ?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Conveniently wait for a bad game, then rip on the player. Hmmmmmmmmm, what an original tactic.

And yeah. Romo is over-rated. :duh:

Kleats

Liked Posts:
Old Joe knows exactly what he's doing . Getting his ego a little pub . Any attention is good attention in his book .

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If u mean less passing ok . But I still don't think that means much . Passer rating is passer rating .

What r u getting at here ?

:obama:

Rules, style of play, etc all play into it. Using passer ratings to compare guys who played in the 70's to those who played in the 2000's is fucking awful.

Stop.

cbfan54

Liked Posts:
The media kills me. Last week I heard people saying if you were to start a franchise who would you pick, Romo or Cutler. Overwhelming it was Romo that was chosen because he was by far the better quarterback. Now after Monday's game Romo is back to being a bum and now people are asking if Cutler is elite now. Drives me crazy how these people flip flop.