2012 Around the NFL Thread (Non-Bears News)

FoCo

Liked Posts:
And only 5 or so games over .500 for his entire career including an impressive 1 playoff win! What a winner............

:andruw:

Is this a thread where we posts gifs of better QB's than Cutler
If Cutler goes 11-5 this year and starts 2-0 next year, him and Peyton Manning will have the same staring record through their first 98 games.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
OT: Theismann Says Romo Isn't a Very Good QB

I don't think I agree with this, but...

Theismann: Romo isn't a very good QB

Former Washington Redskin Joe Theismann blasted the Cowboys' quarterback Tony Romo on a Toronto radio station. (Nelson Chenault-US PRESSWIRE)
By Jon Machota
FOXSportsSouthwest.com Special Contributor
Recommend comment(11) email print Facebook rss
October 3, 2012

Tim Heitman-US PRESSWIRE
Tony Romo has a Monday night to forget against the Bears. VIEW GALLERY »

Matthew Emmons-US PRESSWIRE
Check out the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. VIEW GALLERY »
Most former NFL quarterbacks defend Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo when given the opportunity. Former Washington Redskin Joe Theismann is not one of those quarterbacks.

Following Romo's five-interception outing in a 34-18 loss to the Chicago Bears Monday night, Theismann blasted the Cowboys' franchise quarterback on a Toronto radio station.

"Sooner or later we have to come to the realization that Tony isn't a very good quarterback," Theismann said Tuesday on Sportsnet 590 The Fan. "He throws interceptions that (make) you shake your head. If it's all the wide receivers' fault then they need to get some new wide receivers, or they need to come up with some different route combinations that guys can understand."

And the critical comments didn't stop there.

"I think what hit me last night is, Tony isn't really that good," Theismann said. "Just because he wears a star on his helmet -- we all think that people who are Dallas Cowboys, 'Ooh they're wonderful and ooh they're terrific, ooh they're the next Roger Staubach' or whatever the heck they want to say. They're full of bologna.

"Tony makes bad decisions with the football. And I'll tell you something else, he missed two wide-open touchdowns last night that nobody's talking about. Forget about the five interceptions; he misses Miles Austin and Dez Bryant with easy touchdown throws, and he airmails the ball over their heads.

"You can say, 'well, everybody has a bad game.' Tony has too many bad games. Tony Romo is not a very good quarterback. Somebody has to say it, so I just did. … He's good, but he should be a lot better, or the reputation he's carried should have him play a lot better."

The topic clearly fired Theismann up because the 63-year-old then aimed his criticism at Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones, someone that Theismann said has done as much for football as any one man from a business perspective. But that doesn't mean Theismann trusts Jones' ability to make personnel decisions for his franchise.

"It took him five years too long to change the offensive line, which isn't very good," Theismann said. "It took him three years too long to change his secondary. He'll do the same thing again. This is what happens when you're not a football guy.

"You have to ask yourself, 'is the owner holding back this football team with football decisions?' And I think yes. I really do. I think Jerry Jones is so emotionally involved in this game that he can't make a decision that I think effects this football team positively."

Theismann then summarized his thoughts in one final statement.

"I think you have a couple of issues in Dallas," he said. "No. 1, I think you have a team, they think they're pretty good. They're not. No. 2, their quarterback thinks he's pretty good. He's really not. No. 3, their owner is their general manager and he doesn't make really good decisions from a personnel standpoint."

It seems safe to say the former two-time Pro Bowler won't be invited to watch any games from Jones' suite at Cowboys Stadium any time soon. You probably won't catch Theismann golfing 18 holes with Romo, either.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Angry rival is angry.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Has to be, although I do agree with him about Jones

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah. Imo, it Jeraaaah Jones thats running that team into the ground. Or at least into inconsistent mediocrity.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Joe Theismann has made some of the dumbest statements I have ever read/heard in the media.

SUPERFAN

YUUUGE member
Liked Posts:
I love it, people get too caught up in stats, the only stats that matter to me are w 's and championships.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What? Stats can tell the story behind wins and losses and championships.

For example, if you only look at records, you might be convinced that the Vikes are one of the top teams if the nfl... but if you look at the stats, you will see that they are pulling wins out their ass and is almost impossible that will continue.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I love it, people get too caught up in stats, the only stats that matter to me are w 's and championships.

when you say people, do you mean Joe Theismann?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm more shocked to hear that a radio station wanted to get his opinion lol. I blame Canada.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suck, I know. But I just can't help myself.

[video=youtube;PHCXNt4P8Xg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHCXNt4P8Xg[/video]

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What if I told you

301046_389249794479325_596216009_n.jpg

that Tony Romo and Jay Cutler are not very good quarterbacks.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thank god i don't listen to Joe

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Tony Romo is the great enigma of NFL Quarterbacks. On one hand, you've got a guy who's holds the 3rd highest quarterback rating in NFL history, and yet he still only has one playoff win to show for it. What gives?

There's the notion out there that he's this turnover machine who's going to throw you picks, and if you look at his numbers over the years, that's not really true. Yes, he did just finish coming off of a 5 interception game, but last season he only threw 10 interceptions, and had 31 touchdowns.. In 2009 (Injured most of 2010) he only threw 9 interceptions..

He's been a tremendously accurate quarterback, and one of the great improvisers the game has ever seen, but yet there is still something about him that's simply inexplicable as to why he hasn't been more successful. I don't know what it is.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like Romo. I haven't rewatched the game but I thought the shovel pick was a sack/fumble by Melton, and of the rest only 2 were on Romo, one of those being in desperation time when you're pushing the envelope.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
'Ooh they're wonderful and ooh they're terrific, ooh they're the next Roger Staubach' or whatever the heck they want to say. They're full of bologna.

:andruw:

Tony has too many bad games.

A guy with a career 96 QB rating has too many bad games?

Tony Romo is not a very good quarterback. Somebody has to say it, so I just did. … He's good, but he should be a lot better, or the reputation he's carried should have him play a lot better."

wait,what?

First, this guy's an idiot. Second, he's a former Redskins player. So, ya, this is pretty much just meaningless jargon.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
I think the guy has finally snapped. I guess there is a fracture between the two QBs. At any rate, best of luck to both of them; break a leg!