I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
@jts1207 braves just traded for another guy. They sure are buying a good bit for a team that isn’t a buyer…

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sox just extended Lynn. Well deserved and took a top arm off the market.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That sounds like.

8/200 to me. Hard pass.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lol @ him. Nobody is giving him that. If he's lucky he'll get 5/125
5/100 would be my line.

8/160 with perks is fine also.

He is not worth 25M per. Leading the NL in strike outs. Walks under 5% rate. Batting under .250. And the glove is down graded. Add to it he doesnt get on base enough to max out his baserunning.

He is becoming a 1 trick pony. Flashy tag on D and beat up a mistake on O.

He is a idiot. Get you value up then talk 200M.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Mets honestly need Bryant, kimbrel, and baez. Maybe we can package all 3 to them. mets and astros don’t care about payroll

TL1961

Liked Posts:
You should be. How can they be any worse than the shit show we've been watching for weeks. Hard to be worse than 2-13 over a 15 games span. That's a winning percentage of 0.13 Once the smoke has cleared and the dealing is done....I'll bet you whoever is left plays at a higher winning percentage that that.
No matter how bad the team plays it will never be exciting to watch Happ

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Baez with 2 errors in 1 innung. 0-3 with 2 strike outs.

His value sucks right now.

To be honest he played bad enough for me to wonder if Jed low balled him. Now he is doing payback to wreck his trade value until the deadline is over.

Sure you can trade me but you will get little in return. It would be better to get tbe Q offer.

I would see it as stink the place up until Aug 1. If Jed takes a shit return fine. Guess he is desperate. But after Aug 1 he goes off again to up his contract value.

It wouldnt shock me at all if Jed gave them a 3/45 offer to both and they decided to ruin his trade markwt be sucking it up

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Baez with 2 errors in 1 innung. 0-3 with 2 strike outs.

His value sucks right now.

To be honest he played bad enough for me to wonder if Jed low balled him. Now he is doing payback to wreck his trade value until the deadline is over.

Sure you can trade me but you will get little in return. It would be better to get tbe Q offer.

I would see it as stink the place up until Aug 1. If Jed takes a shit return fine. Guess he is desperate. But after Aug 1 he goes off again to up his contract value.

It wouldnt shock me at all if Jed gave them a 3/45 offer to both and they decided to ruin his trade markwt be sucking it up

funny, I remember mentioning to you a couple weeks ago that Baez is having a bad year defensively…and you flipped your shit and told me I was a dumb boomer. Now here you are finally realizing what I’ve been telling you all along…again…

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Javy will get paid. He is having a GG level year at SS and banging HR's. That alone will get him near 20M per for 5 years. I believe that is his market but some team will offer more because Javy will draw more fans and that pays his wage.

you don’t actually pay attention to things when you speak do you? Javy is having his worst defensive season of his career arguably. He has 13 errors already this season for a .951 fielding %.

Ok boomer. Fielding % died in the 80's with Batting Avg.

ErrR (error runs): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, determined by the number of errors he makes as compared to an average fielder at that position given the same distribution of balls in play.
UZR/150 (ultimate zone rate per 150 games): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, per 150 defensive games.
RngR (range runs): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, determined by how the fielder is able to get to balls hit in his vicinity.

Fld % died because it only accounts for what you get your glove on or throw accuracy. How about all of the balls that got through? Sandberg was accused of spitting on balls that he would not be able to field clean. To preserve his GG string because getting by did not count against him.

UZR/150 loves Miguel Rojas
RngR loves Torres
ErrR which is geared towards knuckheads like you loves Kevin Newman.

If you make 13 errors and made 300 plays it is a bit different than a 5 error player getting to 150 plays when 400 plays were on the table each.

Breaking it down further

Fielding bible info:
rGFP good fielding plays saved above avg: 0
rPM Plus/Minus runs saved above avg: 5
DRS (Def runs saved above avg): 3

So enjoy your fielding percent boomer.

Fielding % is typical. It is that mistake that grabs negative reaction. But all of the good a player does is ignored.

Typical.

No wonder Trump gets the press and Biden is a after thought.

what a difference a month makes in opinion

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
There's speculation that Ronny Mauricio would be available for Bryant. That'd be a really strong return for him. His stock has fallen slightly since the start of the year but fangraphs has him at #32. The only down side is the cubs are so stacked in the middle infield.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
funny, I remember mentioning to you a couple weeks ago that Baez is having a bad year defensively…and you flipped your shit and told me I was a dumb boomer. Now here you are finally realizing what I’ve been telling you all along…again…

It is the timing. Right when the trade winds pop up. He acts like he is focused on winning vs signing contracts. Then he pulls a tank job.

Mills only gave up 1 ER with 4 via errors. If it was one here or there fine. But a implosion in the same inning?

I might be wrong but it is too convient. Then Rizzo lets a slow grounder turn into another run?

Shoot at min head not in the game. Max they got together and decided to wreck Jed's market for insulting them.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
what a difference a month makes in opinion

Yet again you are believing the Javy is error prone. I never said that. What I said was feels too convient and the timing right when Jed is trying to resign them.

Like I said. It wouldnt shock me if they are tanking their trade values right now as payback for a poor offer. It would serve Jed right if he said that he wants to work it out and offers well below market value. I would be fine with it if the plan tll Aug 1 is to ensure that Jed gets trash for offers.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
There's speculation that Ronny Mauricio would be available for Bryant. That'd be a really strong return for him. His stock has fallen slightly since the start of the year but fangraphs has him at #32. The only down side is the cubs are so stacked in the middle infield.

I was feeling the same thing on him. He could be pushed up to Tenn to finish the year. Cubs have crap between now and Howard in low A ball so that would be a smart direction to go.

I was thinking of what would be the best decision from 2022-Howard. Nico kept coming up as the smartest decision. Just see what he can do there in a full season. The bat is fine. They have Bote under contract to play 2B so this feels in house.

But we are talking a 4 year window and I really doubt that this would be a long term option.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Seriously. That throw to the plate by Baez was no where near Contreras. Then Javy didnt even look upset aftercit.

Convient? A bit.