2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
PCA in the Baez deal is a potential gold glove type CF who runs well. I like that the cubs are adding a real elite defender there. I love Brennen Davis but lately the reports on him fell more like an average CF so pushing him to RF would be nice. Assuming Davis, Alcantara and PCA develop they could have a really strong defensive OF in the future. They are also stacked in the infield save for 1B and they are real deep at C too.

Pitching is still kinda iffy depth wise. But having said that the cubs do have some ok arms just not much to push #1/2 status

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Are you a cubs fan? Do you just hate everyone else on here so much that you will shit on any player they get?

No I’m just not instantly in love no matter the trade like a few are to prove there narrative. Plenty elsewhere don’t see madrigal as he’s being represented by a few here

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
PCA in the Baez deal is a potential gold glove type CF who runs well. I like that the cubs are adding a real elite defender there. I love Brennen Davis but lately the reports on him fell more like an average CF so pushing him to RF would be nice. Assuming Davis, Alcantara and PCA develop they could have a really strong defensive OF in the future. They are also stacked in the infield save for 1B and they are real deep at C too.

Pitching is still kinda iffy depth wise. But having said that the cubs do have some ok arms just not much to push #1/2 status

exactly. And now they’ll have the cap space to go out and sign that #1 starter to fill that gap in the system

jts1207

Liked Posts:

Here again ….good prospect and we already have him winning gold gloves lol

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think the madrigal/heuer for kimbrel deal is as good if not better than Chapman for mckinney and torres plus 2 others. That's how good i think this deal is. Like Torres might have had a higher ceiling but that's the level of deal this is. Madrigal is a really good young player and the cubs have little risk with him because he's already in the majors
I think the consensus is along those lines. I just am not thrilled that he plays one of two positions we don’t need to fill.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Here again ….good prospect and we already have him winning gold gloves lol

wait?! Did you just acknowledge he’s a good prospect?!

TL1961

Liked Posts:
No I’m just not instantly in love no matter the trade like a few are to prove there narrative. Plenty elsewhere don’t see madrigal as he’s being represented by a few here
You literally never say anything positive

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
That’s what Diehard was saying. I argue that you can’t ditch the HR but I do like better OBP than we’ve had.

@Diehardfan ?
I've said for a long while I want the cubs to go for more 80's style hitters rather than power hitters. IMO it's a big deal to limit K's in the modern MLB environment. KC did this really well when they won the world series

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I've said for a long while I want the cubs to go for more 80's style hitters rather than power hitters. IMO it's a big deal to limit K's in the modern MLB environment. KC did this really well when they won the world series
Yeah I'd love a bunch of those hitters with a couple power bats in the middle. Then load up on power arms

jts1207

Liked Posts:
You referred to him as a Darwin Barney type. Barney won a gold glove. You then mock those saying he has a good glove.

You’re doing more gymnastics than our Olympic team

I’m relaying what others are saying. I’d be suprised if some of you even know who Barney is the way you guys are fawning over all these other teams prospects we’ve acquired as can’t miss superstars. It’s nauseating

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Their payroll will soon be Tampa like. Fucking Ricketts should be a happy man.

BTW, I will add that while it's still early and we don't know how these kids will play out....I will say that Hoyer is doing his job. I know I blasted him early....I really hope I was wrong about him.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Their payroll will soon be Tampa like. Fucking Ricketts should be a happy man.

BTW, I will add that while it's still early and we don't know how these kids will play out....I will say that Hoyer is doing his job. I know I blasted him early....I really hope I was wrong about him.
It'll be nice to be buyers again in a couple years, but he's made the moves he needs to unloading guys here

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I’m relaying what others are saying. I’d be suprised if some of you even know who Barney is the way you guys are fawning over all these other teams prospects we’ve acquired as can’t miss superstars. It’s nauseating
You would be surprised if I know who he is even though I was the one who just had to point out to you that he had won a gold glove that you apparently forgot about?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ok, help me here.

We got back the OF from the Mets and what else?