Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, help me here.

We got back the OF from the Mets and what else?
I don't know. I can't keep up. But if you think that's crazy....check out MLB.com...these teams are trading like we're at world's end.

dchawks59

Liked Posts:
Anyone say, REBUILD ? Hey Hoyer, might want to rethink the "re-tool" comment after all this activity. Cubs fans will still flock to the stadium despite a 2-4 year window to be competitive at a high level.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Let’s play What If

What if the Cubs keep Bryant beyond today and 2021?

He plays OF.

Are Madrigal and Hoerner playing 2B and SS?

Wisdom at 3B w Bote as depth?

Any other OF ready yet?

No pitching but lots of $ to shop with.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Anyone say, REBUILD ? Hey Hoyer, might want to rethink the "re-tool" comment after all this activity. Cubs fans will still flock to the stadium despite a 2-4 year window to be competitive at a high level.
Another post criticizing cub fans if they go back the team and then when they win again we will criticize them for being bandwagon jumpers

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
This isn't really accurate. They got some mlb players and have a ton of money to spend now

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m on vacation and somewhat off grid but got some WiFi for a few hours - can someone recap just wtf has happened the past few days?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Let’s play What If

What if the Cubs keep Bryant beyond today and 2021?

He plays OF.

Are Madrigal and Hoerner playing 2B and SS?

Wisdom at 3B w Bote as depth?

Any other OF ready yet?

No pitching but lots of $ to shop with.
Davis is close to ready. Deitchmann they got from Oakland will get a chance. I'd trade Bryant still and then resign him if they want him

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I’m on vacation and somewhat off grid but got some WiFi for a few hours - can someone recap just wtf has happened the past few days?
Rizzo to Yankees
Baez and Trevor Williams to Mets
Kimbrel to White Sox with Madrigal coming back
Tepera in a separate trade to white Sox
Chafin to A's

Others will have to give prospect breakdowns because I'm not as knowledgeable there as some others here

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Still waiting on Bryant....if they don't get what they want, you know, they still have to field a team until these kids are ready to make the jump. Maybe they resign him....no more than a 5 yr deal. He's not that old and teams always need a handful of vets. They gotta have someone in the middle of their lineup.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Rizzo to Yankees
Baez and Trevor Williams to Mets
Kimbrel to White Sox with Madrigal coming back
Tepera in a separate trade to white Sox
Chafin to A's

Others will have to give prospect breakdowns because I'm not as knowledgeable there as some others here
God damn - it really was a fire sale. I read about the prospects in the rizzo deal. I hope the Cubs got a haul

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Joey Bart is the second best catching prospect and the 17th overall prospect. He is Major League ready by next year. Wade Jr. was playing First and batting leadoff for the Giants. Nice left handed bat that can play a bunch of positions.