1B Wisdom
C Contreras

Hendricks
Alzolay
Davies
Mills
Open

Jake returning soon replaces Williams.

This team should get a solid top 10 pick now.

Next year they should have Steel and Thompson in the rotation. Adbert I would move to closing this year and promote Steel to get him ready. The fact that lefties own him you really want him situational.

2B and SS look good next year. That part I love. 3B and 1B need love. Heyward you are stuck with. Davis should be up at some point. So they will need a corner OF also.

So over all if done right they should be looking at 2 hitters. 1 LF 1 3B or 1B. 1 SP. I would not go deeper as Mills can place hold for Marquez.

Adbert would have to overcome his lackings to be trustworthy going forward. He really needs a circle change that breaks like Kyle's. The slider is a good weapon but it should not be his main offering.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This really is a fire sale. LOL, as they say "you don't know the players without a scorecard".

I mean....who's left of the daily players? Happ, Contreras, Heyward, Bote and Hoerner?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I would trade Happ and Contreras in the offseason. Make Bart the everyday catcher. Keep building up the system at this point.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Oh now it begins.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Contreras is gonna want out too.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Aftermath:

LF Happ
CF Ortega
RF Heyward
3B Duffy
SS Nico (10 day) Alcantara
2B Bote
1B Wisdom
C Contreras

Hendricks
Alzolay
Davies
Mills
Open

Jake returning soon replaces Williams.

This team should get a solid top 10 pick now.

Next year they should have Steel and Thompson in the rotation. Adbert I would move to closing this year and promote Steel to get him ready. The fact that lefties own him you really want him situational.

2B and SS look good next year. That part I love. 3B and 1B need love. Heyward you are stuck with. Davis should be up at some point. So they will need a corner OF also.

So over all if done right they should be looking at 2 hitters. 1 LF 1 3B or 1B. 1 SP. I would not go deeper as Mills can place hold for Marquez.

Adbert would have to overcome his lackings to be trustworthy going forward. He really needs a circle change that breaks like Kyle's. The slider is a good weapon but it should not be his main offering.
And this is the team you thought would contend next year?

In case you missed it....it's a rebuild now, no retooling allowed.

The only thing they'll be in contention for is a #1 draft pick.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought that was monstrous for a rental

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Prior to Thursday's 3 p.m. CT Trade Deadline, a source told MLB.com's Mark Feinsand that the Cubs and Mets have reached an agreement on a trade that will send Báez and pitcher Trevor Williams to the Mets. New York is sending outfield prospect Pete Crow-Armstrong (No. 5 on the Mets' Top 30 list, per MLB Pipeline), a source told MLB.com.