2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They probably couldn't have done much better trading Joc.
Really. I was never a fan. Hits the occasional HR, strikes out a ton and is an awful defender. For what they saved, they could've just paid Schwarber.

I don't know a thing about Ball but I'll take him sight unseen over Peterson.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not bad. A bit shocking it triggered this fast but F-it.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Makes you wondwr if Bryant for JD Davis will trigger next. Jed is most likely waiting to see if he returns healthy from the DL before triggering it.

Skittles2100

Liked Posts:
Also?, Ball is a stud fielder. This is such a good pickup for us. A gold glove potential 1B who will get on base a ton and hit home runs

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Also?, Ball is a stud fielder. This is such a good pickup for us. A gold glove potential 1B who will get on base a ton and hit home runs

No he’s not

Ball’s value is entirely wrapped up in his offensive prowess. While he moves well for his size, he’s still a below average runner and inconsistent defender

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jim Bowden had Ball as Atlanta’s most underrated prospect at the beginning of the year...

DA8-BC900-527-D-43-C1-8-F66-656-DB0616-C33.png

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I also think people need to consider that a lot of minor leaguers have had very slow/bad starts this year because they haven't seen live pitching since 2019. So although his average is low and K's are high, we can expect that he will improve on that over time.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
don’t tell @jts1207 this. He won’t believe you. We are getting a bag of peanuts according to him

It’s clear you’re going to celebrate whatever we get. I’ve said we should see something ok for Bryant and Kimbrel. I think you said Ball will be ranked 8-11 in our system…..that’s simply not the case

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Season is over for the Cubs and the great sell-off has begun. Might as well bring Ball up for a week or two in September and get a look at what we have.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
It’s clear you’re going to celebrate whatever we get. I’ve said we should see something ok for Bryant and Kimbrel. I think you said Ball will be ranked 8-11 in our system…..that’s simply not the case

wrong. I actually liked your post where you mentioned fielding being an issue for him. I’m well aware of reality.

and how would he not be ranked in the 8-11 range in our system? He’s a 45 grade prospect, I put him where the rest of our 45 grade prospects are. I understand numbers are challenging for you

C923563D-BBF4-48BD-A474-F95F46B01AD9.png
There’s the list of the cubs top prospects and their grade. Do tell me where a 45 grade prospect would be ranked in our system??

he was the #12 prospect in the braves system. Not sure why it’s so hard to grasp him being in the 8-11 range in the cubs system

Last edited:

jts1207

Liked Posts:
wrong. I actually liked your post where you mentioned fielding being an issue for him. I’m well aware of reality.

and how would he not be ranked in the 8-11 range in our system? He’s a 45 grade prospect, I put him where the rest of our 45 grade prospects are. I understand numbers are challenging for you

View attachment 12570
There’s the list of the cubs top prospects and their grade. Do tell me where a 45 grade prospect would be ranked in our system??

You’re also going off preseason rankings. He fell off at A ball

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

im going off of the most recent rankings on Fandgraphs. But, I’m guessing your own personal rankings are sooooo much more advanced, right?! So again, tell me where he will be ranked in the cubs system? It’s okay to be wrong, it’s dumb to keep doubling down on it

also, while he’s struggling some this season…his OBP is like .360 still. So when the bat comes around, that OBP will be insanely good.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No he’s not

Ball’s value is entirely wrapped up in his offensive prowess. While he moves well for his size, he’s still a below average runner and inconsistent defender
Everyone can read mlb.com scouting report on him. lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A 45 grade isnt based off season to season. Its a scouting report on potential. It wouldnt change because of 58 games.