5 Thoughts and Observations on Dolphins-Bears

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No they didn't. Dude gets to sub crazy and fancy. I feel like we get at least one illegal formation call every game.

I get getting uber fancy when we are playing a superior team but we have more talent than the Dolphins on both sides of the ball. Sometimes you just need to trust your guys to make the play.

Well, my point is, as there is more and more film on Nagy's offense, these packages can be sniffed out by a well prepared D. The gadget plays are nice, but sometimes you just have to man up and beat your guy.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I swear it was rigged. It was like the defense was told to take it easy this game, let's be fresh for that Pats...

1. Hicks didn't blow up the guard one time. Couldn't even hold his ground for the majority of the game.
2. Floyd REFUSED to use his hands when rushing, when i thought they " came alive ". He would literally jump into the arms of the tackle.
3. Mack took multiple plays off. Was held when he did try. He talked to the ref several times about it, didn't help.
4. Eddie Goldman was pushed backwards almost the entire game.
5. Trevathans worst game of the season by far. One play, he let his guy go free to come after Brock when he scrambled out, like he was afraid Giraffe 2.0 was going to scramble. Pie completion for 30 yards.
6. Is Amos even on the team anymore?
7. The amount of offensive picks and PI that the Phins were feasting on the entire game was just a smack in the face by the refs for calling Burton on it.
8. Brock played like absolute shit IMO. If there was a better QB back there, the Phins would have put up 50 points on this halfassed defense.
9. Props to Gase for exposing the lack of gap control. Too many Bears defenders being overly aggressive in trying to make a play, leaving their gap wide open. Gore's vision is stellar.
10. Bryce Callahan was a machine and they went after him hard. He was picked/blocked numerous times to be taken out of the play, and he still made some badass tackles. Bryce and Kyle played good, but they need to be right in there for the ass chewing.

I thought this too after watching Eddie Jackson basically let Wilson run right by him for a TD. He gave zero effort on that play. It looked bad.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
That final drive reminded me of when Trestman decided to kick on 2nd down. Shades of Trestman.

jc456

Liked Posts:
The tackling was horrible all game. They turned Albert Wilson into a superstar for the day.

it is what the bear players do every year. They made Osweller into a pro bowl QB as a back up. again, out coached, I am really growing tired of them being out coached. Nagy was clueless in the last drive in OT. OMG. how in god's name do you first give them time to go down the field by giving in at the 35 yard line? I'm speechless. There is absolutely no logic in the last two plays called. zero. A winner right in front and instead he laterals to Gase. wow. year after year after year. It almost makes me wonder who is the coach of the Bears? Ted Phillips?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which i said in a previous post but i also understand and have seen soooooooo many times teams pass when they could of ran the ball and something go wrong to lose them the game because they decided to pass the ball. There's always two sides but many on here don't like looking at the other side. If it's a bad snap and a fumble or the ball gets tipped by a o-lineman and the pass and gets intercepted or it's a drop by the receiver or just a great play by a DB and it gets intercepted which we can look at Pete Carrol losing a super bowl because of passing instead of running.

You can get a bad snap or fumble on a run as well, so not sure what your point is. YOu roll your Qb out of the pocket, and if the play isn't there, he throws it away. It's not as risky as you make it out to be.

Natedogg8023

Liked Posts:
Which is not how you win games. Do you think Bellichek or any coach that truly believes in their QB worries about a sack so much to call a run on 3rd and 4?

No they tell their QB to not take a sack and send them out there to throw. What Nagy said is what I expect from John Fox and even then Nagy had much better weapons than Fox had so really no excuse for him to play scared which those comments are indicative of.

The running the ball on 3rd & 4 to set up a 53 yrd FG is even worse when it wasn't done in the situation where they should of run. When Turninsky through the pick in the end zone the Bears should of been running. Run 3 plays, takes another minute off the clock in the 4th qtr, then kick a 25 yrd FG to go up 14 with less than 10 mins left. Really drives me crazy that Nagy did't run the ball there and at least almost guarantee the 3, then ran it when a 53 yrd FG is far from a guarantee.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
it is what the bear players do every year. They made Osweller into a pro bowl QB as a back up. again, out coached, I am really growing tired of them being out coached. Nagy was clueless in the last drive in OT. OMG. how in god's name do you first give them time to go down the field by giving in at the 35 yard line? I'm speechless. There is absolutely no logic in the last two plays called. zero. A winner right in front and instead he laterals to Gase. wow. year after year after year. It almost makes me wonder who is the coach of the Bears? Ted Phillips?

Wow. So much blame to go around, and we are blaming the accountant.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I personally think he did settle for the long FG. Think about this, at what point in the game, or any game this year, has Nagy called 3 run plays in a row?

Or a run play with 4 yards to go? The dude routinely throws on 3rd and 2 yet we pretending he didnt settle here?

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
People need to stfu about this. I also disagree with the play call but there is a huge difference between what Nagy did and what Trestman did.

Yeah I'm just saying that's what it reminded me of. I don't think Nagy is as bad as Trestman.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Bro, overly agressive (undisciplined) in trying to make a play takes less effort than holding your blocker and staying in your gap. It takes the player away from action more times than not.

Bro what youre saying didnt happen on the dline but it did with the inside linebackers.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Not really. Both are unprecedented.

I have seen teams make the mistake of playing conservative to rely on a long 50+ yard FG.

I have never seen a team kick a 47 yard FG on 2nd down (unless there is very little time left and no timeouts). The only time I have seen it on 2nd down or even 1st down is if it is a ridiculously short FG like 25-30 yards.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
I can't remember the exact games since it wasn't to the Bears.

You mean you have never seen run on 3rd down, get stopped and try a 50 yard FG to win the game at the end of regulation or OT?

Of course you can't.

And that's not really what happened. 3 straight runs up the middle for a team that piled up a ton of passing yards in the 2nd half. I've never seen a team stall out for such a long FG attempt (53 yards...not 50).

Also, it wasn't the end of regulation. It wasn't the "end of OT" if that is what you were insinuating. That was also a big part of the "miscalculation"...by missing a FG from that far out, it basically put Miami into FG range themselves. The Bears would have been better off trying to get another 1st down, having Trubisky get sacked, and then punting the ball back to Miami. Miami's game winning drive was really just a 15-yard dump off pass to Kenyan Drake.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Holy crap how do you not understand when it seems so simple. First of all Nagy did not settle for a 53 yard field goal. He didn't go to J.Howard and say "Hey Jordan lets get a no gain on this one." lol. Parkey still has a comfort level with kicking in the place he just kicked in last year right? Maybe a better snap would of helped as well cause he didn't miss it by much. I'm sure you're gonna say the snap didn't matter but when any kicker sees a bad snap it definitely is in their mind for those 2 seconds before he kicks that ball.

As i already said i would of rather he tried something else to get more yards or the first down as well but i also without a doubt get playing it safe in OT.

wow

jc456

Liked Posts:
Wow. So much blame to go around, and we are blaming the accountant.

yep, It's called pattern, and when they've cycled as many coaches as they have and the routine is still the same, I challenge the pattern. see I focus on the game, and when the game looks the same for over ten years, I then focus on who has been here that long and has personnel influence. Hmmm, Ted seems to be the guy. Sorry bubba, you explain why after the bears move the ball sixty five yards on three plays can't get ten on three? Hmm Tresman didn't even try on his.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Of course you can't.

And that's not really what happened. 3 straight runs up the middle for a team that piled up a ton of passing yards in the 2nd half. I've never seen a team stall out for such a long FG attempt (53 yards...not 50).

Also, it wasn't the end of regulation. It wasn't the "end of OT" if that is what you were insinuating. That was also a big part of the "miscalculation"...by missing a FG from that far out, it basically put Miami into FG range themselves. The Bears would have been better off trying to get another 1st down, having Trubisky get sacked, and then punting the ball back to Miami. Miami's game winning drive was really just a 15-yard dump off pass to Kenyan Drake.

this!!!!!!!!!