analytics-experts-have-big-concerns-with-bears-pass-protection

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if Pace had let Jenkins and Fields fall, halftime would still be bitching. that’s the thing i can’t get over.
Nope. I don't pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes at the draft. If he was drafted before 25 there's no way to know if there were trade partners.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Didn't complain about the picks, complained about the lack of them. Complained about spending 2 picks for 1 player...which is again...a complaint about the lack of higher picks. As far as Jenkins, I've mostly complained about the impossible position Pace has put him in where he has to switch from RT to LT at the pro level.

Some of you guys get so worked up about my "negative posts" you think I'm against Jenkins. I'm not. I've merely stated his 7 games at LT in college is concerning.

I have no idea why you want me to unwind all Pace's drafts - it's stupid.
I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

That's not entirely true. We were only lacking a 4th (wasted) before the draft so that lack of picks (plural) involved this years moves.

We spent an extra 1st plus on a QB and 2 picks on what you described as a RT, as something we could have got with out own 2nd pick yet never stated what you would have done instead. You can't not like it unless you rather have done otherwise and stop deferring to previous years. You specifically complained about this draft using too many picks and how we got TJ. Seems you still want to be negative while walking back specifics.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not saying, I'm just saying. We spent an extra 1st on a QB and 2 picks on what you described as a RT, something we could have got with out own pick yet never stated what you would have done instead. You can't not like it if you there isn't a rather involved and stop deferring to previous years. You specifically complained about this draft using too many picks and how we got TJ. Seems you still want to be negative while walking back specifics.
Nope.

Complained about five years of trading picks and failed draftees putting us in this position to have to keep doing it - not the players themselves.

Glad we could clear that up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL. I wish you'd pirouette and actually address something pertaining to this draft which you bitched about. Offer an alternative to what actually happened. Going in, we only lacked a 4th used on Foles:( and had some extra picks late.

Black Rainbow

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. I wish you'd pirouette and actually address something pertaining to this draft which you bitched about. Offer an alternative to what actually happened. Going in, we only lacked a 4th used on Foles:( and had some extra picks late.
If Jenkins doesn't workout at LT, I'm not going to be complaining about Jenkins, I'll be complaining about Pace putting him in that situation.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1626637169448.png
Oh my fucking God.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Nope. I don't pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes at the draft. If he was drafted before 25 there's no way to know if there were trade partners.
do you mean 20? I am assuming that is what you meant.

I am just saying, if we stood pat at 20 and Fields were gone and Fields got picked by Minnesota, you would be ripping your dick off the same way I would be. Same if Jenkins was gone in the second, and we walked away with a lesser player or position of lesser positional value

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
If we have a QB the line will be fine. Defense will be fine too, if we have a QB. If we have a QB then Paces drafting will be fine too. A few misses but so what. Bad QB play and or bad play calling and it's time to start over at GM HC.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
How would you know?

They haven't won a playoff game in 10 years. I guess I'm the problem, not how the team is managed.
the fuck do the 2011 Bears have to do with the 2021 Bears?

living in the past is not a healthy way to live.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Halftime would bitch if the Bears went undefeated and won the Super Bowl.
Honesty, fuck this post. Its the worst football post you could possibly make. This same garbage has been said about me at least a dozen times and it sounds worse every single time its said.

No one would bitch if they won the Super Bowl. No one would bitch if they went undefeated. Stop making these garbage statements about posters who don't share your optimism for a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in over 30 years. A team that hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade. We all want to see them win. But its been forever since they have won and its incredible how some of you still dont get why so many fans are negative or pessimistic. The narrative changes when the Bears win. Thats how this works. You want a 24/7 slurp-fest, go start a fan club.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
the fuck do the 2011 Bears have to do with the 2021 Bears?

living in the past is not a healthy way to live.
He's not living in the past. His point is that no one knows how he would act if the Bears won the SB because they havent even won a playoff game the past decade. Maybe posters should wait for the Bears to win something before accusing posters of being negative no matter what.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Honesty, fuck this post. Its the worst football post you could possibly make. This same garbage has been said about me at least a dozen times and it sounds worse every single time its said.

No one would bitch if they won the Super Bowl. No one would bitch if they went undefeated. Stop making these garbage statements about posters who don't share your optimism for a team that hasn't won a Super Bowl in over 30 years. A team that hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade. We all want to see them win. But its been forever since they have won and its incredible how some of you still dont get why so many fans are negative or pessimistic. The narrative changes when the Bears win. Thats how this works. You want a 24/7 slurp-fest, go start a fan club.
I’ve literally seen worst football posts than what I wrote. And if I want a 24/7 slurp fest, I’m going to 7/11.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
He's not living in the past. His point is that no one knows how he would act if the Bears won the SB because they havent even won a playoff game the past decade. Maybe posters should wait for the Bears to win something before accusing posters of being negative no matter what.
There’s a difference between being negative 24/7 and being a positive poster on here who throws in some negative posts about the Bears, which most fans on here do.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
How would you know?

They haven't won a playoff game in 10 years. I guess I'm the problem, not how the team is managed.
I never said you were the problem. I’m clearly saying you are negative on 95% of your posts, even when positive things to happen.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
There’s a difference between being negative 24/7 and being a positive poster on here who throws in some negative posts about the Bears, which most fans on here do.
So? If he wants to be negative all the time, then let him be negative all the time. But don't say stupid shit like he'd be negative if the Bears accomplished the one thing every single fan wants to see their team accomplish. The only way to change the negative posters narratives is win, which the Bears very rarely do. halftimes attitude towards this team and what they've accomplished is more in-line and fitting than the positive poster. If you like not winning playoff games and rarely fielding a truly competitive team, more power to you.