Anytime23's Positive Stances, Projections and Prognostications about the Bears

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Which draft boards was Watson falling on?
The general talk was that he was moving down as a 2nd rd QB because of slow throwing speed. Most all draft boards and publications reflected this. Nearer to the draft he started making a slight surge back up. But despite his great college career, he wasn't a consensus top pick like you might think he would have been in hindsight.

I mean look at the Browns. They had the #1 pick and the #12 pick and they ultimately chose to pass on Watson at #12 and give that pick to the the Texans. They then drafted Deshone effing Kizer to be their starting QB. And now 5 years later traded a boatload of capital and signed Watson to a mega guaranteed contract..

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The general talk was that he was moving down as a 2nd rd QB because of slow throwing speed. Most all draft boards and publications reflected this. Nearer to the draft he started making a slight surge back up. But despite his great college career, he wasn't a consensus top pick like you might think he would have been in hindsight.

I mean look at the Browns. They had the #1 pick and the #12 pick and they ultimately chose to pass on Watson at #12 and give that pick to the the Texans. They then drafted Deshone effing Kizer to be their starting QB. And now 5 years later traded a boatload of capital and signed Watson to a mega guaranteed contract..
And isn’t that the same argument the “negative” posters make on what makes a shitty franchise? They keep making bad decisions

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I don't care what Walter Football or Dane Brugler thought. Which NFL team had him dropping on their draft boards?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
And isn’t that the same argument the “negative” posters make on what makes a shitty franchise? They keep making bad decisions
What same argument? A bad decision using hindsight is much different than what is a bad decision in real time.

Do I think drafting Trubisky was ultimately a bad decision. Yes. His tape and track record simply wasn't as good as Watson. But in real time, I understand the context that decision was made. It was made in 2017 not 2022. It was a much harder decision when scouts were measuring throwing speed and make claims such as there has never been a successful QB who's top throwing speed couldn't exceed. "X" miles per hour.

Everyone, including the very media who supported that narrative then went out after having the benefit of hindsight and tried to make the Bears look stupid for passing on Mahomes/Watson when they weren't even considered top 10 prospects.

In the end it was still a mistake, but I believe the Bears learned from it and that's how they were able to end up with Fields

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’ve never seen a poster squirm harder.

It truly is incredible how deep these arguments go when it really is as simple as this, a GMs job is to get it right and win games. Pace had ample opportunities to do so and failed miserably. He fell victim to the pre-draft hype on Trubisky when it was as clear as day that Watson was the better prospect. He was the Gm who acted on it. It was on him to get it right and he was dead wrong.

After 7 years and no playoff wins, the arrow was pointing downward. Your only long term solution is hitting the reset button and sending Pace packing.it is the easiest thing ti comprehend and I couldn’t imagine not being able to.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I don't care what Walter Football or Dane Brugler thought. Which NFL team had him dropping on their draft boards?
Obviously I'm not involved in designing NFL draft boards and not privy to that exact knowledge, but all you need to do is look at the top 10-12 picks. Teams were trading back when Mahomes and Watson were in their lap. If teams truly valued Mahomes and Watson like they should have they would have been picks #1 and #2.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What same argument? A bad decision using hindsight is much different than what is a bad decision in real time.

Do I think drafting Trubisky was ultimately a bad decision. Yes. His tape and track record simply wasn't as good as Watson. But in real time, I understand the context that decision was made. It was made in 2017 not 2022. It was a much harder decision when scouts were measuring throwing speed and make claims such as there has never been a successful QB who's top throwing speed couldn't exceed. "X" miles per hour.

Everyone, including the very media who supported that narrative then went out after having the benefit of hindsight and tried to make the Bears look stupid for passing on Mahomes/Watson when they weren't even considered top 10 prospects.

In the end it was still a mistake, but I believe the Bears learned from it and that's how they were able to end up with Fields
And you ignore the cost of that mistake in wasted cap space and wasted draft picks. Just look at the browns skipping on Watson they wasted years of good players on offense, number one pick on mayfield, trading 3 firsts and a crazy contract just to get Watson.

This is what shitty teams do and why they remain shitty

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

It truly is incredible how deep these arguments go when it really is as simple as this, a GMs job is to get it right and win games. Pace had ample opportunities to do so and failed miserably. He fell victim to the pre-draft hype on Trubisky when it was as clear as day that Watson was the better prospect. He was the Gm who acted on it. It was on him to get it right and he was dead wrong.

After 7 years and no playoff wins, the arrow was pointing downward. Your only long term solution is hitting the reset button and sending Pace packing.it is the easiest thing ti comprehend and I couldn’t imagine not being able to.
He keeps jumping to you’re too negative towards the team and being negative towards pace. Like trying to hide all this bla bla bla is just a cape for pace issue

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

You don't live in reality. And that's your problem. It was not clear as day that Watson was the better QB prospect. How do you drop to #12 if it is so clear? It wasn't. I personally favored him, but I understand it wasn't that simple in real time.

Pace was wrong. You should get over it. You love to bring it up. It's like Paces lives rent free in your head. Its pathetic. You all love to blame him more than what is necessary to make yourself feel better. It's truly shameful. But do whatever helps you sleep at night..I just try to face reality and live in it.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Obviously I'm not involved in designing NFL draft boards and not privy to that exact knowledge, but all you need to do is look at the top 10-12 picks. Teams were trading back when Mahomes and Watson were in their lap. If teams truly valued Mahomes and Watson like they should have they would have been picks #1 and #2.
If teams truly valued Tom Brady he would have gone in the 4th round instead of the 6th. We can play that game all day. As for the teams that were trading back: what did they get back? Did they already a QB they felt confident in?

As for the NFL draft boards...well that's kind of the point. At the end of the day most of those "draft boards" from publications don't really mean anything. So to cite those as any type of evidence to your point is not a smart thing.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Yeah, but Dean Jones of www.nfldraft.edu/blogspot.com had Watson dropping heavy. You have to take that into account.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
And you ignore the cost of that mistake in wasted cap space and wasted draft picks. Just look at the browns skipping on Watson they wasted years of good players on offense, number one pick on mayfield, trading 3 firsts and a crazy contract just to get Watson.

This is what shitty teams do and why they remain shitty
That wasn't the point. Of course they paid alot for a top franchise QB. But the point was in real time, it wasn't an easy decision to draft Watson. Now then passing on him with the 12th pick is hard to understand, but they never got flack for it. Just the Bears...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You don't live in reality. And that's your problem. It was not clear as day that Watson was the better QB prospect. How do you drop to #12 if it is so clear? It wasn't. I personally favored him, but I understand it wasn't that simple in real time.

Pace was wrong. You should get over it. You love to bring it up. It's like Paces lives rent free in your head. Its pathetic. You all love to blame him more than what is necessary to make yourself feel better. It's truly shameful. But do whatever helps you sleep at night..I just try to face reality and live in it.
Cry more

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If teams truly valued Tom Brady he would have gone in the 4th round instead of the 6th. We can play that game all day. As for the teams that were trading back: what did they get back? Did they already a QB they felt confident in?

As for the NFL draft boards...well that's kind of the point. At the end of the day most of those "draft boards" from publications don't really mean anything. So to cite those as any type of evidence to your point is not a smart thing.
Goodness, you guys are ignorant. Don't you understand that many of the popular mock drafts and mock drafts take insight and use NFL scouts and GMs as sources. Its not all made up. You all really are delusional and the media has you all convinced it was such as easy decision back then. I can't change history nor can anyone else. Popular sentiment had Trubs as QB #1. There isn't much denying that..

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Goodness, you guys are ignorant. Don't you understand that many of the popular mock drafts and mock drafts take insight and use NFL scouts and GMs as sources. Its not all made up. You all really are delusional and the media has you all convinced it was such as easy decision back then. I can't change history nor can anyone else. Popular sentiment had Trubs as QB #1. There isn't much denying that..
I am sure those scouts and GM's are giving the most accurate information to the journalists and are not worried about tipping their hand to the other NFL teams of what direction they are heading.