Article: Whatever happens, the Bears must keep Cutler

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

You said the Redskins grabbed future star Cousins and he wasn't a top 5 pick. I'm trying to figure out what makes him a future star

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
You said the Redskins grabbed future star Cousins and he wasn't a top 5 pick. I'm trying to figure out what makes him a future star

His play?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
His play?

Mesh. I never judge a QB off a few games or even one years worth of play. Its foolish to love or hate a QB based off of that at least imo

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Mesh. I never judge a QB off a few games or even one years worth of play. Its foolish to love or hate a QB based off of that at least imo

Which is why I place "future" in front of star.

If you don't understand the circumstances in which he was placed in his rookie year...not sure what to tell you.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I am always hesitant to name someone a "future star".

Been too many of those types. Matt Flynn, Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassell, etc.

Players who had very good stretches, only to fall apart when they got to run the show permanently. Too early to say Cousins would be any different from them.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
KGB beat me to it

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I am always hesitant to name someone a "future star".

Been too many of those types. Matt Flynn, Kevin Kolb, Matt Cassell, etc.

Players who had very good stretches, only to fall apart when they got to run the show permanently. Too early to say Cousins would be any different from them.
Be bold...for every QB that you mention above (which Cassel could probably be omitted) there is a Tom Brady or Drew Brees

Edit: Brady might have been a bad example, let's go with HOF QB...Steve Young

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is Jay Cutler a future star by that criteria?

Don't remember Flynn falling apart. Cassell's season with KC was 10X better than any of Cutler's seasons with Chicago. I wouldn't classify 27 TDs, 7 INTs, and a playoff berth as "falling apart".

Here we go. Where is Cassel now Rory?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
A side note here, do you guys think Jay is good type of QB to learn under(groom).

i think he would be profesional enough to help and groom a rookie yes it goes with the territory

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Knox really wasn't garbage though. Again, for a fifth round pick he played well & his production would have warranted him being third round pick. Just because Lovie/Martz had him in the wrong position doesn't mean he was garbage by any means. I'd love to see how this offense would do with Knox being part of it & finally allowed to stretch the field against single coverage.

Neither Knox or Bennett were number one WRs, but nor were they garbage either. Bennett is a decent slot receiver when he stays healthy

Ya can't have a Brandon Marshall type at every WR position.

Whomever said Knox was force fed the ball in Martzs system is a putz the most receptions he ever had under Martz was 51 in 2010 which is low for a guy who is being used as a premier WR, came 40 yards shy of a 1000 season & averaged 18.8 yards per, 5 TD's, only one droped pass. Knoxs production was similar in 2011 in only 14 games with a higher yards per catch average of 19.6 yards, 727 yards, 2 TDs, & 1 dropped pass. After Hanie replaced Cutler he basically had no shot at matching his TD totals from 2010 along with his own injury.

By no means is that pro bowl production, but FAR from being garbage, especially for a fifth round pick. I'd love to see Knox in the offense with Marshall, M. Bennett, Jeffery & Forte.

I believe the putz you are referring to would be Teddy.

JPPT1974

November To Remember!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Angels
  1. Houston Dynamo
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Dallas Cowboys
  1. Ottawa Senators
  1. Murray State Racers
Cutler is the best Bears QB in years. As the Bears needed to have a steady QB. As that is what was lacking in like forever!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
tumbleweed.gif

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Cutler is the best Bears QB in years. As the Bears needed to have a steady QB. As that is what was lacking in like forever!

we haven't been to 1 NFCC with this guy. We've gone further with allegedly worse Qb's.