Article: Whatever happens, the Bears must keep Cutler

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Damn, its getting sticky in here from all the reacharounds going on from the trolls.

I had to jump in here Teddy bc u are hogging all the action from the fecal foursome trolls! I feel left out. Too bad we can't bring back the rivals forum and stick em over there but we need the :troll::troll::troll::troll: gang for entertainment

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Point being if our front office sticks with the mentality of there is no one better out there and not take a shot at a QB then we won't ever know who we can get.

What front office exec, GM, or coach has ever expressed this mentality you speak of? You're projecting your own paranoia like it's a fact.

I swear, you guys whine like the Bears were sitting on the #1 pick with a roster full of all-stars at every position except QB and then passed on both Luck and RG3. There isn't some big front office conspiracy to deprive the fans of a better QB... They simply chose to address other areas of the roster that were in greater need of upgrades. Get the fuck over it.

If Cutler stinks up the joint they won't extend him and will draft a QB this year... so what exactly is the problem here? You guys are constantly talking up these rookie QB's and how easily they can just step in and immediately have success so what the fuck is the crying and complaining about? According to you guys they should easily be able to just draft whatever rookie QB and plug him in next year and make the playoffs like the rookie QB's did last year right? I mean that's the new trend according to everything you guys have argued all offseason is it not?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I had to jump in here Teddy bc u are hogging all the action from the fecal foursome trolls! I feel left out. Too bad we can't bring back the rivals forum and stick em over there but we need the :troll::troll::troll::troll: gang for entertainment

I guess I just find it sad that there are people who actually consider the rantings of these people entertainment. I'd actually rather talk about football than see how well 4 dickheads can flamebait other posters, but that's just me.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
What front office exec, GM, or coach has ever expressed this mentality you speak of?

I believe all 32 currently do.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe all 32 currently do.

Did you even read his quote I was referring to because what you posted makes no sense... Might want stick to just thanking FT and Rory's posts there buddy.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Did you even read his quote I was referring to

Yes...which why I though your statement made no sense.

I'm sure all front offices are not looking at making thier teams better

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
What front office exec, GM, or coach has ever expressed this mentality you speak of? You're projecting your own paranoia like it's a fact.

When was the last time our front office or GM drafted a QB in the 4th round or sooner? It seems like since the Orton/Grossman years that has been the mentality of the Bears.

I swear, you guys whine like the Bears were sitting on the #1 pick with a roster full of all-stars at every position except QB and then passed on both Luck and RG3. There isn't some big front office conspiracy to deprive the fans of a better QB... They simply chose to address other areas of the roster that were in greater need of upgrades. Get the fuck over it.

When have I ever claimed some grand conspiracy that our front office is actively depriving us of a better QB...and I have been fine with them passing on QB's the first couple of years Cutler was her but these past few drafts there have been opportunities to grab someone too back Cutler up and potentially take over if he doesn't improve or costs more than he is worth

If Cutler stinks up the joint they won't extend him and will draft a QB this year... so what exactly is the problem here? You guys are constantly talking up these rookie QB's and how easily they can just step in and immediately have success so what the fuck is the crying and complaining about? According to you guys they should easily be able to just draft whatever rookie QB and plug him in next year and make the playoffs like the rookie QB's did last year right? I mean that's the new trend according to everything you guys have argued all offseason is it not?

The bolded has been what I have been saying from the get go, I know the original topic of this thread got lost with the Bennet vs Knox debate...but I thought the point of this thread was to discuss that the author of the article in question says that no matter what Cutler should be signed after this season. So I provided my opinion, gave some examples of how in recent history you can grab a QB in the first 4 rounds and have them start with success. Not sure where the problem here is? Not sure where I have been "crying or complaining"? Are you just in troll mode and are arguing because my thoughts are in line with Rory and FT?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I guess I just find it sad that there are people who actually consider the rantings of these people entertainment. I'd actually rather talk about football than see how well 4 dickheads can flamebait other posters, but that's just me.

when you make a decent football post I will make sure to discuss with you

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

what have you provided where you have "jumped in"?

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
when you make a decent football post I will make sure to discuss with you

Even if I do, you wouldn't acknowledge it so you can continue to be a dick. Already know how that game goes, so try another one.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Preceded by...

I look at the whole thing like this:

Cutler, by the numbers, is still the best QB the Bears have ever had since Sid Luckman, and a few more years with the team, he'll break those records too.

Is he perfect? No, hardly. But talent-wise, he has everything a person could want - a prototypical QB. The questions are his mechanics and decision-making, and being real, its really just decision-making, because no one is going to give a shit about how you get a ball somewhere as long as you get it there.

Anyone with eyes and has payed attention to the team when Cutler plays knows he plays his best when he has blocking up front, and his receivers are making grabs and moving the chains. Seriously, that should be a no-brainer because football is a team sport - no one can do it all themselves.

However, when his supporting cast goes south, his line starts falling apart, receivers are dropping routine balls, etc - thats when Jay goes into "bad decision mode" and tries to win the game all by himself, usually leading to that rash of poor decisions that ends up screwing the team.

When you look at it like that, you realize its all mental. Thing is, Jay can throw a pick and bounce back. He's done it before. Where he really gets fucked up in the head is when he gets no protection. It ends up affecting him the whole game. Not just one bad play, but when he's on his heels for an entire series.

What this also means is with the attention paid to getting him real line help this year (in the form of players and coaches), and giving him weapons to use, we might finally see Cutler with a higher floor than years past, as the pressure to win it all by himself hopefully won't rear its ugly head.

..........More To Come!!

Fixed

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Crying because you are judged by the company you keep?

Welcome to life.

Would much rather discuss football with the company I keep than to listen to you talk about others dicks and how with better WR's and more time to throw a QB will play better.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stupid. Too bad Emery stated Jay's a franchise qb, he might back off of it publically due to the dumb fans and media that will cloud down the throat and be a distraction; make no mistake that Phil will be signing Jay long term.

He absolutely did not say that.
He danced around the question and gave a politically correct answer.
IIRC, the question was phrased "is Cutler a franchise QB"?
the answer was repeating the question, and rephrasing and saying he is "The chicago bears franchise QB"... stating a fact that currently the QB for the franchise is Jay Cutler.

He very effectively stepped around the question after stuttering for a response that can be viewed as believing in cutler but not commiting.

Is Chrtistian Ponder a franchise QB? He is the QB for the minnesota vikings franchise. Same accuracy in the statement

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:

I hear you but since their posts can't be taken seriously to anyone over the age of 5, I file the thank you gang under the category of amusement. Just had to jump in bc trolls be trollin you and I felt left out. See you and the whole gang on the next Cutler thread. :troll:

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Even if I do, you wouldn't acknowledge it so you can continue to be a dick. Already know how that game goes, so try another one.

So you admit you have yet to make a decent football post

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Would much rather discuss football with the company I keep than to listen to you talk about others dicks and how with better WR's and more time to throw a QB will play better.

The reason I said (and admitted it was) the obvious is because idiots here like the trolls in question seem to think that Cutler should be run out of town while he was surrounded by a cast that was basically a steaming pile.

Sometimes the obvious needs to be stated for clarity when people are acting football Special person. It gives a nice starting point for seeing who's really in it for the dicussion and who just is in it to troll.

And it served it's purpose.