Article: Whatever happens, the Bears must keep Cutler

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd even settle for the Great Ginger from the 2011 draft. To draft the right QB, it takes really good scouting and a little bit of luck. But they don't have to be a top 5 pick in order to step in and have success right away

And in all honesty I didn't mean to come off sounding like the draft doesn't entirely matter all I'm saying is that I've seen plenty of first rounds QB's come into the league and just flop. I agree with Rory we haven't got a great ROI with Cutler and yes I agree we keep looking until we find that diamond in the rough or under the pile on top of Cutler!

:kermit:

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
And in all honesty I didn't mean to come off sounding like the draft doesn't entirely matter all I'm saying is that I've seen plenty of first rounds QB's come into the league and just flop. I agree with Rory we haven't got a great ROI with Cutler and we yes I agree we keep looking until we find that diamond in the rough or under the pile on top of Cutler!

:kermit:

No to J'marcus Webb at QB

Nick80

Did you find a nice bride?

No, I'm a reluctant romeo at the best of times, I just couldn't handle the vodka either.

I gave up and became Jessica Fletcher instead, I wrote alot, travelled the world, you know, all the fine things. Now I'm a Bears fan.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you find a nice bride?

rofl-2.jpg

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I'm a reluctant romeo at the best of times, I just couldn't handle the vodka either.

I gave up and became Jessica Fletcher instead, I wrote alot, travelled the world, you know, all the fine things. Now I'm a Bears fan.

Sounds about right!

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Yeah, Saints and Broncos took risks, but they were purely monetary. They didn't give up any draft picks at all. So the risk they took wasn't nearly as bad as the risk the Bears took with Cutler. Thats kind of my issue with this...people aren't really recognizing that the Bears gave up two #1s and also had to pay Cutler good money...and the QB position is still unsettled.

Its like paying top dollar for a car that constantly breaks down, but you continue driving the car because you are under the assumption "well, I won't ever be able to find a better car". It makes no sense.

Yeah the picks were certainly more of an issue without a doubt, it set the team as a whole back. That's a maybe though, you know how JA drafted in the first round anyway. So yes, I agree with you. However, now that the commitment has already been made you need to find a replacement that's actually better than Cutler. That doesn't mean you completely ignore bringing in new talent at the QB position though. I believe Emery and Trestman will look at getting new talent at the QB position.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if Jay eliminates a lot of dumbass mistakes he'd be a far better QB. Question is...will he be able to achieve it?

The HOU game that was mentioned earlier is a prime example of that. We were closing in on scoring opportunities both time Jay threw an INT. I think Jay's brain might have been scrambled on the 2nd one. But if that were the case, he should've taken himself out of the game.

I still think that pass to Hester where Cutler got smashed should have counted.

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
That's more than what guano has provided

Yet g fat is still going...u mad bro. The only thing u provide in regards to a Cutler thread is a whole lotta chery picking and whining. He will get on a roll again and lead us to another win streak and in position for the playoffs before he gets injured behind our OL and then u can say it's his fault he got injured. Give it a rest already and thank some more GB :troll:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not even talking about Cutler. I'm talking about the dumbshit meatball fans that will complain about ANY BEARS QB that has less skill than Aaron Rodgers. In other words, they will always bitch and whine like the little cunts they are haha.

This seems to be a huge problem plaguing these boards as of late. People coming here and expecting posters to defend something that Jeff from Schaumberg said about Player X or using that comment as a basis for their post here.

Why can't people just address what has been said in the thread?

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
I still think that pass to Hester where Cutler got smashed should have counted.

Me too. That was the turning point in the game in more than one way. That Hou game turned our fortunes from a potential playoff team to a 10 & 6 team left out. Thanks packer run D :smh:

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Yet g fat is still going...u mad bro. The only thing u provide in regards to a Cutler thread is a whole lotta chery picking and whining. He will get on a roll again and lead us to another win streak and in position for the playoffs before he gets injured behind our OL and then u can say it's his fault he got injured. Give it a rest already and thank some more GB :troll:

If posting actual facts is cherry picking than I guess you got me...unless you can provided something of substance than I will continue to look at your posts as a joke. Maybe you and Jester should switch names because you are the clown on this board

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Me too. That was the turning point in the game in more than one way.

How's so? Jay was playing terrible before the injury

L GUAPO

Liked Posts:
Stopped reading there

I don't believe u.

P.S. Your one-liner posts are soo funny, fresh, and always true! In case u are wondering...I'm joking :kick: