B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I mean. Despite their best efforts they won? So... Hip hip?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

“I would like to sincerely apologize to the entire Chicago Blackhawks organization, including ownership, management, coaches, trainers, employees, and my teammates,” Perry, 38, said in his statement. “I would also like to apologize to my fans, and my family. I am embarrassed and I have let you all down.

“As a result of my actions, there has been speculation and rumors. I am sickened by the impact this has had on others, and I want to make it clear that in no way did this situation involve any of my teammates or their families. Most importantly, I want to directly apologize to those who have been negatively affected and I am sorry for the additional impact to others this has created. My behavior was inappropriate and wrong.

“I have started working with experts in the mental health and substance abuse fields to discuss my struggles with alcohol and I will take whatever steps necessary to ensure this never happens again. I hope to regain the trust and respect of everyone who has believed in me throughout my career.”

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Bedard hasn't scored since that awful rumor of Corey Perry and his mom. I hope that isn't stuff that affects him...cuz there's alot more of that kind of stuff that can potentially come his way in his career. I doubt it's affecting him....but u never know what trips a guys trigger.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Not to complain about Bedard but he had a point blank chance and he shoots it right in the midsection of the goalie. Hawks do that all the time. If Bedard just elevates that puck a little bit it's in. Normally he would do that. Don't know why he didn't . It's like Hawks wanna look like they're trying without really doing anything. If it's a shot on goal "hey we shot it on goal..just not going in."

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Not to complain about Bedard but he had a point blank chance and he shoots it right in the midsection of the goalie. Hawks do that all the time. If Bedard just elevates that puck a little bit it's in. Normally he would do that. Don't know why he didn't . It's like Hawks wanna look like they're trying without really doing anything. If it's a shot on goal "hey we shot it on goal..just not going in."
It's well documented how competitive the KID is and it was on display in his frustration tonight. Where you point to a minor thing of hitting the goalie midsection he's upset about the three little things that he did wrong technique wise to not get off a better shot. He's not had too many opportunities before this year where he wasn't the best player on the ice or been on winning teams. It's an adjustment for an 18 year old kid that he has vets in the room to help him with. He's not used to losing and you don't want to make him numb to it, but he has to realize that he's not the best player on the ice every night anymore. He may have the most talent and highest ceiling but he's still got a lot to earn as far as best player. He'll get there but he needs to experience this to know what he needs to do to get better.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
An 18 year old doesn't average 3 points per game as a rookie. BUST!!!!

Let's all point out he was projected at 70 points this season on a team that can't score. He's close to on pace.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

“I would like to sincerely apologize to the entire Chicago Blackhawks organization, including ownership, management, coaches, trainers, employees, and my teammates,” Perry, 38, said in his statement. “I would also like to apologize to my fans, and my family. I am embarrassed and I have let you all down.

“As a result of my actions, there has been speculation and rumors. I am sickened by the impact this has had on others, and I want to make it clear that in no way did this situation involve any of my teammates or their families. Most importantly, I want to directly apologize to those who have been negatively affected and I am sorry for the additional impact to others this has created. My behavior was inappropriate and wrong.

“I have started working with experts in the mental health and substance abuse fields to discuss my struggles with alcohol and I will take whatever steps necessary to ensure this never happens again. I hope to regain the trust and respect of everyone who has believed in me throughout my career.”

Best of luck to him.

Granada

Liked Posts:

I'll say this -- I'm not going to miss Perry, but if they're kicking him off the team for simply getting drunk and saying something stupid at a team event, that's pretty silly. If there's more to the story, I get it, but I'm hoping they didn't ruin this guy over something miniscule.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'll say this -- I'm not going to miss Perry, but if they're kicking him off the team for simply getting drunk and saying something stupid at a team event, that's pretty silly. If there's more to the story, I get it, but I'm hoping they didn't ruin this guy over something miniscule.
It's more than that, investigation ongoing so we may not really know any details for a long time. But it didn't involve players or staff or families, but he got drunk or some substance, and did something very stupid. The fact that he's not fighting anything and basically said I'll not fight the contract being terminated to me says he did something stupid and doesn't have much to fight. At that age with this baggage now, I anticipate him being done.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It's more than that, investigation ongoing so we may not really know any details for a long time. But it didn't involve players or staff or families, but he got drunk or some substance, and did something very stupid. The fact that he's not fighting anything and basically said I'll not fight the contract being terminated to me says he did something stupid and doesn't have much to fight. At that age with this baggage now, I anticipate him being done.
So you're saying he's not going to drop the gloves on this one?

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Thing to remember here is that it's the NHLPA that is thinking about posting a grievance for the severance of the contract. Which, they have basically have to do whether they agree with it or not in order to not all this incident to set any precedent for any future incidents against a player. If they find any sort of window to climb through, they will. Not because they want to back Perry but because they have to foolproof the future and collective bargaining.

Here is a full timeline of the incident as interpreted by the Sun-times.

The only real new info here would be. If true of course.

Wednesday afternoon: A few hours before the game, the team — with Perry among them — filtered out of the Hilton Columbus Downtown to board buses for the short journey to the arena.

Outside the hotel, Hawks fan Ian McEachern and his son were part of a small group of fans standing and waiting for autographs. McEachern told the Sun-Times they took a picture with Perry and overheard him say he planned to walk the few blocks to the arena instead of taking the bus.

This to me says that he decided to hit a bar on the way to the stadium, and probably showed up after having at least one or 2 to the stadium for the game.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Incredible goal. Same result. Little other fire power. My biggest gripe tonight is that they bring in a new vet. He's a 3rd 4th liner now on a good team. Then first game put him on top line with Bedard. So your only real offense and you jam the new guy onto his line. You have chemistry problems and you force one.

I also say this fully knowing that it was still the best line tonight.

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Foligno back on one. New guy not dressed because of visa complications somehow. Reichel healthy scratch. I have no idea who the fuck this crevier rookie is.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Foligno back on one. New guy not dressed because of visa complications somehow. Reichel healthy scratch. I have no idea who the fuck this crevier rookie is.
Testing out options.

Didn't help that 3 of the goals were on Murphy and Tandoori, and the other on Jones.

It's sad when the coach trusts the rookie D man over any of the vets to be paired with the new guy, and the vets still screw the pooch.

At least Raditz got one.