B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maggie Raptor started a dino POV hockey podcast but it exploded.
She wasn't injured though!
I'm SO tired of exploding podcasts!!!

Bust

Liked Posts:
Was a sellout last night. Chi-fans showing Bedard some love

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I gotta say that I like how Bedard scored the two goals:

1st one, a greasy, blue collar, drive the net and not give up on the play goal.
2nd one, A no frills, no nonsense quick snapper to beat the goalie after the previous line tried some unnecessary Harlem Globetrooters shit that they had nowhere near the skill of pulling off, and caused a breakway in the other direction. Here's hoping the guys who caused it (Reichel, Korch, and I believe Beaulivier) are carrying Bedard and Mrazek's luggage on the next road game.

The fact that he can do pretty *and* blue collar goals warms my pancreas. It shows he doesn't think of himself as "too good" to play nose-to-the-grindstone.

Granada

Liked Posts:

2nd one, A no frills, no nonsense quick snapper to beat the goalie after the previous line tried some unnecessary Harlem Globetrooters shit that they had nowhere near the skill of pulling off, and caused a breakway in the other direction. Here's hoping the guys who caused it (Reichel, Korch, and I believe Beaulivier) are carrying Bedard and Mrazek's luggage on the next road game.

The fact that he can do pretty *and* blue collar goals warms my pancreas. It shows he doesn't think of himself as "too good" to play nose-to-the-grindstone.
Ah, a post with actual substance, thanks Kotl!

Glad the Hawks were able to overcome the atrocious officiating last night. I've really been impressed with Mrazek; if he keeps it up, maybe they'll be some suitors for him at the deadline. He had a softie for Winnipeg's lone goal, but other than that, he was solid all game.

What I love about Bedard so far is that, not only is the kid skilled, but he's tenacious. That first goal was all about not giving up on the play, he had what, like 3 shots in that one sequence alone, with 2-3 Jets practically all over him? Speed, power, hands -- that goal displayed it all. He also had a solid finished check along the boards later in the game; love that the kid isn't afraid to throw a substantial hit every now and then.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

To your 2nd point it wasn't a snapshot. It was a ridiculously difficult wristshot. In a snapshot you use the heel of the stick, Bedard did a mini toe drag wristshot in traffic. The flex on Bedards stick caused a curveball motion on the puck on release. Dude is fucking insane.

Granada

Liked Posts:
To your 2nd point it wasn't a snapshot. It was a ridiculously difficult wristshot. In a snapshot you use the heel of the stick, Bedard did a mini toe drag wristshot in traffic. The flex on Bedards stick caused a curveball motion on the puck on release. Dude is fucking insane.
Not sure that's accurate. A snapshot can be performed with any part of the stick (toe), not just the heel.

Wrist shot is when the puck stays on the blade through the entire motion. Snapshot is when the puck leaves the blade just before it's released.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like hockey.
Any of you guys like hockey?
Do you think Joe Pavelski likes hockey? I think he probably does.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've seen some bad jerseys before...