B-Hawks 2023-2024 Season Thread of Bedard

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Off season has been a success to me. Brought in some vets to help some of the younger guys along. Bedard will have some protection with Folingo and Perry. Add n some Hall so Bedard has someone decent to play with. Now it’s all about the development of the young kids. Hopefully the hit their potential

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Off season has been a success to me. Brought in some vets to help some of the younger guys along. Bedard will have some protection with Folingo and Perry. Add n some Hall so Bedard has someone decent to play with. Now it’s all about the development of the young kids. Hopefully the hit their potential

Need to get littlefoot drafted by the B-Hawks next!

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone gonna go to any hockey games?
I'm hoping to score tix for the November game vs Pantharz to take my mom her her birthday. Then later in the season there's a game on my birthday I might go to.
Rawr!
I got hockey game tix for those 2 games!
Rawr!

Granada

Liked Posts:
$950,000 for 3 years for Bedard, but bonuses could up it to 4.5 million per year.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
A little much imo.....I like Kurashev but he's not worth that much.....I hope he has a 'break-out' season to deserve that amount........
I would agree if we're cap strapped or it was longer term, but at this juncture they have plenty of money are maybe overpaying a little for time served, and then doubly over paying because in reality he's playing for his next contract as we won't likely do much the next two years till the foundation is set and gelled.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A little much imo.....I like Kurashev but he's not worth that much.....I hope he has a 'break-out' season to deserve that amount........
Probably, but that's the risk of letting it get that far....it's why a lot these contracts are settled before the decision is made by the arbitrator.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

My critique is it was too early.

Taylor Hall can't help this team compete now or probably during the duration of his stay here, so it's wasted capital unless we get a better return, which is doubtful on a losing team.

Bedard wouldn't have elevated us with just Reichel to play with, we would have been better off tanking another year or two and slotting a couple more elite talents to help him. Imo.

Maybe I should trust the process and realize we will pick top 10 anyway unless they actually trade for Hellybuk.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I would agree if we're cap strapped or it was longer term, but at this juncture they have plenty of money are maybe overpaying a little for time served, and then doubly over paying because in reality he's playing for his next contract as we won't likely do much the next two years till the foundation is set and gelled.
Bingo. It's a lot for what is essentially a "show me (if you're the real deal or not)" contract, but we (omg, I said "we"! gasp!) can afford it.

Granada

Liked Posts:
My critique is it was too early.

Taylor Hall can't help this team compete now or probably during the duration of his stay here, so it's wasted capital unless we get a better return, which is doubtful on a losing team.

Bedard wouldn't have elevated us with just Reichel to play with, we would have been better off tanking another year or two and slotting a couple more elite talents to help him. Imo.

Maybe I should trust the process and realize we will pick top 10 anyway unless they actually trade for Hellybuk.
I think Hall is here to throw Bedard a bone in terms of a competent top-six linemate. Last year was about icing the worst possible team you could; this year is about icing a competent team that can help and/or protect Bedard. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year, but that isn't the goal to start; if they're in the mix by then, maybe Davidson gets aggressive at the deadline; but if not, he'll just sell again. It's another "biding time" year, with pieces specifically brought in to benefit Bedard (and the other propsects') development.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Hall is here to throw Bedard a bone in terms of a competent top-six linemate. Last year was about icing the worst possible team you could; this year is about icing a competent team that can help and/or protect Bedard. They'll be lucky to make the playoffs this year, but that isn't the goal to start; if they're in the mix by then, maybe Davidson gets aggressive at the deadline; but if not, he'll just sell again. It's another "biding time" year, with pieces specifically brought in to benefit Bedard (and the other propsects') development.

Reichel-Bedard-Hall should put opponents a bit on their heels.

I think Bedard is as well protected as he can be between them due to fear of speed, teams won't cheat up or sacrifice position for physicality with any stakes on the line for fear of instant regret.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would you guys compare Moore at all to Reichel?
Who is better and why?

Moore-Bedard-Hall
Reichel-Kurashev-Raddysh
Savaoie-Ludwinski-Nazar
Filigno-Entwhistle-?
May 24 line-up?

Bingo. It's a lot for what is essentially a "show me (if you're the real deal or not)" contract, but we (omg, I said "we"! gasp!) can afford it.

Let's not forget he can speak fluently to Reichel.