Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
The average person swallows 1,000 spiders in their sleep in a year, you know Mitch does twice that.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goddamnit I didn’t realize how big of a play that Cohen fumble could have been. So much open space and blocking ahead...

Yeah that was the first thing I checked out after hearing Nagy mention it in his presser... he might be right.. had Cohen not fucked it up it could of been a big play..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The OL was a joke and the WRs/Tes dropped 4 passes in the 4th quarter.

Those are all issues that led to the loss.

Bears WRs had fewest drops last year so drops are not indicative of talent level.

By contrast Trubs made the wrong read quite a bit on Thursday.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
My only thing is how can anyone on here could have expected Mitch to have a decent performance when the OL played horrendously, had no TE's and had Nagy calling his worst game as our coach. This offense needs Burton in there to run much better. I'm not saying Mitch wasn't bad, but c'mon to come to a conclusion that he is a bust and we are doomed is crazy. Let's bring this up again in 6 weeks or so and see how he is progressing.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
For those interested I've added a link to tonight's stream in the OP... 11pm est soft start.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stream done. VOD deleted. I'll try and fix my mic next week provided I'm not banned from Twitch.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Said fuck it and bought NFL Game Pass for the lulz and now have access to the all-22.

Figure if enough people are interested I can stream it on Twitch and let you assholes in on the fun.

If nothing else it should prove useful for shutting down the dumb hot takes floating around here.

Speaking of which, just finished watching Mitch's first half vs GB... interesting stuff. The Mitch haters might want to slow their roll. Nagy doing him no favors so far. GB is all over his scheme and play calls. Not seeing many open receivers. Daniels, Long, and Whitehair getting clowned isn't helping matters either. So far I'd say the biggest disappointment is Nagy. He's getting completely out coached and his entire unit looks sloppy and ill prepared.

Curious to see how the 2nd half looks tomorrow... likely more of the same but we'll see.

UPDATE - Stream done. VOD deleted. I'll try and fix my mic next week provided I'm not banned from Twitch.

Honestly, didn't really need to re-watch this one. It's all on Nagy. That doesn't make me any less concerned about Mitch though. I want to see him make a huge leap this season. That said, he isn't some seasoned vet, and neither is the rest of this team. They should have got some playing time during the preseason instead of burning a division game, at home, to work out the bullshit.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Honestly, didn't really need to re-watch this one. It's all on Nagy. That doesn't make me any less concerned about Mitch though. I want to see him make a huge leap this season. That said, he isn't some seasoned vet, and neither is the rest of this team. They should have got some playing time during the preseason instead of burning a division game, at home, to work out the bullshit.

Pretty much exactly the way I see it. It's nice to see some posters on here with some sense. 80% of this board has been nothing but the sky is falling for the last 5 days.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How in the hell did Rodgers complete this 50 yard bomb drifting to his left and facing the corner end zone...

nAu7tx.gif

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Holy shit, look at what Kenny Clark does on this play. James Daniels is trying to get to the 2nd level and block the middle linebacker. With his right arm, Clark moves him completely off course. And then with his left hand, he almost literally throws Long up in the air and out of his way...

zI8diV.gif

Johnny Flash

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Well, surely Nagy is to blame for the most part, as his play calling was simply atrocious. Nonetheless, Trubisky still seems unable to read anything pre- or post-snap and tries to go to his predetermined reads. He often fails to see wide open receivers, even when they're doing jumping jacks right before his eyes. I don't know whether this is still coachable, but I fear for the worst. Neither am I sure whether any preseason action might have helped with that. I'm still hoping both Nagy and Trubisky will rebound against the Broncos, but seeing that Vic knows both of 'em inside and out, that might be too tall of an order...

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Defense trying to confuse Rodgers with movement. HHCD hopping around at the end adds a nice finishing touch...

gXmOOW.gif

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is anyone else starting to think resting the offensive starters for the entire preseason is the number one reason for this total failure?

It's like Nagy figured losing one game for total lack of rhythm and cohesion was better than losing a few because of key injuries.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Well, surely Nagy is to blame for the most part, as his play calling was simply atrocious. Nonetheless, Trubisky still seems unable to read anything pre- or post-snap and tries to go to his predetermined reads. He often fails to see wide open receivers, even when they're doing jumping jacks right before his eyes. I don't know whether this is still coachable, but I fear for the worst. Neither am I sure whether any preseason action might have helped with that. I'm still hoping both Nagy and Trubisky will rebound against the Broncos, but seeing that Vic knows both of 'em inside and out, that might be too tall of an order...
Why does everyone assume this is on Trubisky? The HC is designing and calling those plays. On many of the plays last Thursday, there weren't even any possible 2nd or 3rd reads. They were plays designed for one player, and when that player was covered...play over.

I'm not saying Trubisky is excused. But he and the rest of the O were rusty after not playing all preseason. The playcalling sucked. Trubs is a 3rd year QB, not a decade + vet like Rogers. He isnt going to be adlibbing all over the place. Nagy may not even want him to yet...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You guys remember those resident evil games where you shoot the zombie and think it’s dead only to have it lunge back at you out of nowhere. RRH here...

Hw9YyR.gif

That is the most disrespectful pass rush I have seen in a long time. Not sure what the LG even says in film.

MadeinChicago

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. LSU Tigers
In a close game, EVERY play matters, not just the ones the QB messes up, the ones the RB, WR's drop and Coaches don't call...plenty of blame to go around

Yeah that was the first thing I checked out after hearing Nagy mention it in his presser... he might be right.. had Cohen not fucked it up it could of been a big play..

View attachment 2805

View attachment 2806
[/QUOTE