Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Collins77

Liked Posts:
I honestly don't know, it could go 50/50. The value we be in the picks, or players we trade. No firsts for sure.

Bear Nation

Liked Posts:
This would be a great move for the Bears. Hope they can make it happen. Wentz is an MVP level quarterback in this league who has familiarity with the Bears’ offense/QB Coach who the Eagles failed that needs a change of scenery.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
If the Bears have Wentz, Miller and Jimmy Graham on the same team they’ll need on payroll a therapist, counselor and bouncer

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Man, I am so MEH right now...

This guy WAS an ELITE qb just a couple years ago. But he has fallen off the cliff since. He's got the yips....

Idk, man, if he got the mojo he had a couple years ago, then I would be excited about this. But I dare anyone say honestly say that he played better that Mitch last year? That alone seems like a sideways move and scares the shit out of me...

And you got the love this garbage.."Bigger offer than most have expected."...

Just like fuckin Pace to outbid himself for a MAJOR question mark....

BEARS

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
It may fucking happen...Cutler 2.0 without the ungodly talent

Eagles would take on 34 mil in dead cap if they trade Wentz. I'm sure they'd like to put the rest of that contract on another team but you'd have to throw in some good shit to entice another team to do it. Would have to be similar to the Rams/Lions trade. Eagles get Foles and Bears get Wentz and 2 1st round picks.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eagles would take on 34 mil in dead cap if they trade Wentz. I'm sure they'd like to put the rest of that contract on another team but you'd have to throw in some good shit to entice another team to do it. Would have to be similar to the Rams/Lions trade. Eagles get Foles and Bears get Wentz and 2 1st round picks.

That would be amazing.

But what if Wentz is driving a 1990 honda still? Lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wentz contract is bad for philly, not bad for a team that trades for him. It’s essentially 2 year deal for 25 mil per year, or can be 4 years 98 million. Philly eats most of the bonuses. So if you believe he will be a really good starter, which is up for debate, then the contract isnt bad at all. Unfortunately, trading him saves philly no money at all this year, so they will require an asset of some sort as incentive to trade him so you can forget all of the ideas of philly giving us something to take him off their roster. Not gonna happen.

finally someone who gets it

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We're fired up.
We're working on it.
TintedOnlyBurro-size_restricted.gif

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
The only reason I see the Bears having urgency here is if Indy is pushing a deal soon and the Bears have strong conviction on Wentz as their top option (outside of Watson of course who they don't realistically have the assets to get). Otherwise, the pressure is on the Eagles who are looking at a 10M roster bonus coming in March. Obviously they would want to get something done by then.

If the Colts are pushing to get a deal done, then let them have him. While, they aren't a real threat for Watson....they have the same assets as the Bears except for cap space, which the trading team doesn't care about. That takes the Colts out of the running for Carr if he's available, for Dak if he hits the FA market, for everyone. Trade cant become official until the league year starts anyway. If you can get Watson for a reasonable price now, then sure. But for Wentz? The worst case scenario is you don't get the worst QB of the 2020 season.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
My big concerns are:

1) The QB market isn't dried up yet. IDK how you go crazy to make a deal for Wentz when potentially Watson, Carr, and Dak could be on the market. IDK how you make this deal before free agency. IDK how you make this deal before trying to move up for one of the top 4 QBs in the draft. Even if you called around and the asking prices for all these guys is too high, asking prices go down if Dak isn't tagged or refuses to play in Dallas, Carr threatens to hold out, or the Texans still haven't heard from Watson when free agency has started and the draft is around the corner. I don't see how this is a move you make RIGHT NOW.

Simply put, Pace needs to get a vet when he can get one.
Going after Stafford and now Wentz tells me that Pace needs to win next season.
If one is being realistic, they would realize that the Bears are far down the list on what they could offer for Watson, if he gets traded.
Mayock is not going to trade Carr unless he can improve on him and how and when will that happen?
Dak most likely gets franchised.
Pace is not going to gamble waiting until the draft in hopes of moving up to 5 or 6 to get one of the top 4 QB's who probably arent ready to help the Bears win this year.
Even Watson who was a 3 year starter playing in two national championship games only went 3-4 his rookie year.

Everyone says this all the time.

Nobody thought the Rams (who were already several million OVER the cap) with a QB that won a playoff game, 2 years after leading his team to a Superbowl would trade for Stafford. All we heard was SF and IND.

Nobody thought the Raiders were going to trade Mack, but they did.

Everyone assumes ARob is going to walk because he didn't agree to an extension w/ the Bears and says he doesn't want to get franchised. Yet, the same people think Dak, who didn't agree to an extension w/ the Cowboys and doesn't want to get franchised will definitely be tagged. Just like the Bears have -500K for an 18M Robinson tag. Dallas has 13M in space and Dak's tag is 37.7M. They are literally in the same situation as the Bears financially considering this.

Point is, as Bears fans we are conditioned to think worst case scenario for everything. There's 0 reason to think it's Wentz or nothing for the Bears on Feb 5th. Even if everything you say happens, that still doesn't mean the Jets, Dolphins, or Carolina will be willing to give up what Texans want for Watson. It doesn't matter if the Bears only have the 20th pick if nobody else offers as many picks or as good players.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is just raising the price for Ballard. Power move. :Pace:

fridges fatboys

Liked Posts:
His contract is between $31M - $36M per year hit against the cap for the next 4 years. I wouldn't mind him for a mid round pick, but no way am i paying this guy that much money. This has another Ryan Pace bidding against himself written all over it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Its only $25M, 21M,25M for a team he would be traded to. The rest is signing bonus that Philly has to eat on their cap.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's also possible the Bears are just lining up a deal in case Watson falls through. I doubt this is their first option. But they do have to exercise all possible outcomes.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I have a strong feeling we are getting Wentz, I just hope its not worth more than a 3rd round pick.

KingInTheNorth

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Wentz also lost every single one of his starting Olineman.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm going to feel the same way about this as I did with Pace trading up and grabbing Trubisky. At least he really... tried?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sign Glennon, tell him he is to be the starter. A few week later draft Mitch...........
Mitch fails, sign Foles, to compete for the starting job.......
A year later sign Wentz?

lol, you can't make this shit up.