Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

mecha

Liked Posts:
I'm going to feel the same way about this as I did with Pace trading up and grabbing Trubisky. At least he really... tried?

lol, that argument has been long since lost. I will never forget people defending that trade because "Pace was picking his guy".

like you die on the hill with that shit. also wouldn't it be more cost effective to get the same guy on the damaged goods discount plan that's already been with your team for 4 years?

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
3rd rounder ok, but Eagles gotta take some shit salary players back like Foles and Quinn.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read, on our very board, that Wentz is scheduled to be paid the 16th highest next year. I suppose if he plays better than the bottom tenth of the league that's a win? He was lights out better than Trubisky stat wise in 2017, 2018 and 2019. If he's not too fucked up, he could reignite his career here.

Eh, whatever.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sign Glennon, tell him he is to be the starter. A few week later draft Mitch...........
Mitch fails, sign Foles, to compete for the starting job.......
A year later sign Wentz?

lol, you can't make this shit up.
Glennon was the starter. Foles lost the competition. At least we didn't trade away a viable one. Welcome to QB hell.

Reactions: DC

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol, that argument has been long since lost. I will never forget people defending that trade because "Pace was picking his guy".

like you die on the hill with that shit. also wouldn't it be more cost effective to get the same guy on the damaged goods discount plan that's already been with your team for 4 years?
Should he sit on his hands? No way he gets a QB on trade without overpaying or likely moving up in this draft. At least he tried will not turn out worse than at least he didn't.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sign Glennon, tell him he is to be the starter. A few week later draft Mitch...........
A year later sign Wentz?

Hire Jim Caldwell, watch him win 36 games, secure 2 playoff berths, and inexplicably fire the successful black man ...........
Sign mediocre overweight white man Matty P and watch him win 14 games in 3 years ............
A few weeks later sign another mediocre but slim white man who wants to bite kneecaps?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Wentz costs the Eagles about the same whether he is there or not, I think they would get $1mil in cap relief and about $34mil in dead cap if they trade him, and he counts $35mil to keep. So they could trade him, take the hit, and just call it a rebuilding year which it probably is anyway for them.

Not sure that the Eagles would be able to take on Foles' salary with their cap situation. And he would only clear about $1mil for the Bears.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have no idea why anyone would entertain this right now. Eagles are like 40+ million over the cap with a few large contracts that cost more to cut than keep. They will have to move on from a few good players so why jump to give up draft capital for Wentz?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
A year later sign Wentz?

Shits crazy,right? And yet still 2 playoff apperanaces in the last 3 years, and the Lions? 2018 last, 2019 last, 2020 let me think,...oh yeah last.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have no idea why anyone would entertain this right now. Eagles are like 40+ million over the cap with a few large contracts that cost more to cut than keep. They will have to move on from a few good players so why jump to give up draft capital for Wentz?
and if Wentz has a good season in Indianapolis, Pace will be called out for sitting on his hands.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If this actually happens, Ryan Pace will have successfully completed his Ponzi scheme and crippled the Bears organization for the next several years on his way out the door.
I would hope George would, run down to Pace's office and be like," Ok son, I know I said I trust you, but right now I am going to need you to hand me your cell phone, car keys, and talk to the nice men with that bright white jacket with buckles and straps."

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
and if Wentz has a good season in Indianapolis, Pace will be called out for sitting on his hands.

Well depends on cost and whether he gets a good QB. But sure, when you are paid 5+ million to get it right then you get shit on when you fuck up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By the same people dumping on him for considering Wentz.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hire Jim Caldwell, watch him win 36 games, secure 2 playoff berths, and inexplicably fire the successful black man ...........
Sign mediocre overweight white man Matty P and watch him win 14 games in 3 years ............
A few weeks later sign another mediocre but slim white man who wants to bite kneecaps?

LOL , at calling Patricia mediocre. Dude was about as mediocre a HC as a yugo was a mediocre car.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its funny that everyone here is reacting so emotionally based on social media tweets from unofficial sources.......

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Its funny that everyone here is reacting so emotionally based on social media tweets from unofficial sources.......
What 'official sources' would you consider 'official' enough to illicit these reactions?