Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry, I was focused on relevant recent history pertinent to your post about Trubisky's time as a starter, but if you want to start bringing up decades of playoff success history, you may want to expand your search to centuries to find anything relevant for Detroit.
Recent history suggest the Lions last beat the Bears........

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
LOL, and prey tell what does Jim Caldwells "blackness" have to do with it all? Are you accusing the Lions of being racists? I seem to remember the Bears firing Lovie Smith? Might want to think before you post. I guess the fact that the Lions just hired their second black GM has escaped you?

Umm the Bears fired Lovie after 9 years. He was given a fair amount of time with the Bears. The Lions fired Caldwell despite him winning 36 games and making the playoffs twice in 4 years. Not really comparable. I have no idea why they would fire a guy that was easily one of the most successful coaches in their history over that 4 year period.

I simply stated the truth. They fired a successful black HC and hired a white HC that was fucking atrocious. I leave it up to people to make of that what they will.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm the Bears fired Lovie after 9 years. He was given a fair amount of time with the Bears. The Lions fired Caldwell despite him winning 36 games and making the playoffs twice in 4 years. Not really comparable. I have no idea why they would fire a guy that was easily one of the most successful coaches in their history over that 4 year period.

I simply stated the truth. They fired a successful black HC and hired a white HC that was fucking atrocious. I leave it up to people to make of that what they will.
Lovie was 10-6 the last year he was with the Bears when they fired him for Trestman. You could not get any more "White" than the stooges you have running your organization right now. Throwing race into your statement was not only short sighted, but just plain ignorant.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lovie was 10-6 the last year he was with the Bears when they fired him for Trestman.

Correct but he had made the playoffs only 3 times in 9 years or 33%. By contrast Caldwell made the playoffs 50% of the time. Matty P 0% of the time.

Are you honestly going to try and pretend that the Lions didn't fire Caldwell too soon? Can you think of any other coach that was fired despite making the playoffs in 2 out of 4 years?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Correct but he had made the playoffs only 3 times in 9 years or 33%. By contrast Caldwell made the playoffs 50% of the time. Matty P 0% of the time.

Are you honestly going to try and pretend that the Lions didn't fire Caldwell too soon? Can you think of any other coach that was fired despite making the playoffs in 2 out of 4 years?
Smith was the head coach of the Chicago Bears for nine seasons from 2004-12 and amassed a record of 81-63 (. 563) including three division titles, two NFC Championship Game appearances (2006, 2010) and a berth in Super Bowl XLI

Caldwell made two WC games.

As for firing him too soon, that was never the argument, nor the exception I had to your statement, rather the fact you tried to inject race into the equation as to why he was fired. it was ignorant. FWIW, The owner of the Lions loved Caldwell.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lol, that argument has been long since lost. I will never forget people defending that trade because "Pace was picking his guy".

like you die on the hill with that shit. also wouldn't it be more cost effective to get the same guy on the damaged goods discount plan that's already been with your team for 4 years?

I mean, Wentz is clearly better than Trubisky. And with Pace, "at least he tried" is better than sitting on his hands and basically doing nothing to try to fix the QB situation. Which is what he does most of the time.

I don't know. I'll be cautiously optimistic about Wentz if that's who we go with. Even though I don't have much confidence in his health, his mental state out on the field, Nagy, etc.

I think there are better options, and I think drafting a rookie would be a better option. Whatever.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Smith was the head coach of the Chicago Bears for nine seasons from 2004-12 and amassed a record of 81-63 (. 563) including three division titles, two NFC Championship Game appearances (2006, 2010) and a berth in Super Bowl XLI

Caldwell made two WC games.

As for firing him too soon, that was never the argument, nor the exception I had to your statement, rather the fact you tried to inject race into the equation as to why he was fired. it was ignorant. FWIW, The owner of the Lions loved Caldwell.

Right as I said he made the playoffs 3 times in 9 years. That is still a 33% appearance rate.

No firing him too soon was exactly the argument I was making. You simply chose to ignore that argument to focus on me accurately reporting that Caldwell was black and Matty P was white. I made no claim that was the reason for anything. I simply stated the truth and it is your biases that allowed you to focus on whatever you deemed to be more relevant to you. You decided to get triggered by the mere mention of their race which reveals more about you than it does me.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Recent history suggest the Lions last beat the Bears........
I see you have become a true Detroit fan, where success is not measured by actually being at least average, but by the occasional win over another better yet still below average franchise. Kudos to accepting your lowly lot in life.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right as I said he made the playoffs 3 times in 9 years. That is still a 33% appearance rate.

No firing him too soon was exactly the argument I was making. You simply chose to ignore that argument to focus on me accurately reporting that Caldwell was black and Matty P was white. I made no claim that was the reason for anything. I simply stated the truth and it is your biases that allowed you to focus on whatever you deemed to be more relevant to you. You decided to get triggered by the mere mention of their race which reveals more about you than it does me.

Spare me the lame ass excuse at your failed attempt to imply. You were race baiting. Plain and Simple, and you got called on it.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1ke

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see you have become a true Detroit fan, where success is not measured by actually being at least average, but by the occasional win over another better yet still below average franchise. Kudos to accepting your lowly lot in life.
Ditto, thanks for making my point. Enjoy Wentz!!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Spare me the lame ass excuse at your failed attempt to imply. You were race baiting. Plain and Simple, and you got called on it.

So it is your argument that the race of a coach can never be mentioned without it being race baiting? Seems you are revealing your politics my friend. You made an assumption based on your biases/prejudices.

Why for example did you not focus on the fact I called Caldwell successful and Matty P mediocre? Someone not biased or prejudiced could have just as easily concluded that was the distinction I was making ie success vs failure.

I describe one man as successful and the other as mediocre which as Iueyedoc pointed out was being generous to Matty P. Yet the only thing you took from that was that Caldwell was black and Matty P was white.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Colts are better suited for a flawed QB. Look at how well Rivers did there. They have a coach that understands running the ball, and actually does it.
And they don't have a D made up of overpaid little bitches like the Bears currently have.

I don't think Wentz will take either team anywhere, but the Colts are the much better team around said QB right now.

As long as Nagy is the Bears coach, making stupid decisions will follow.

:obama:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
A 3rd sounds about right, but pace will overpay.....like a young man coming in for a quickie

Fans don't know what an overpay is though. We have zero idea what any team is offering for Wentz and won't ever really know. What will happen if we end up trading for Wentz is certain CCS members will start posting tweets from any media member that says the Bears overpaid or says they know what other teams were offering or whatever other negative tweet they can find about the trade and run with it even though no media member will ever actually know the truth about any of it. That's how certain people on here act. Then because those certain people are falling for what these negative tweets say, certain other posters on here will jump on that bandwagon just because they agree with how they post about the Bears or R.Pace or M.Nagy or whatever the case and they'll all believe these rumors even though they come with zero validity.

THAT'S CCS FOLKS. :bearstroll:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fans don't know what an overpay is though. We have zero idea what any team is offering for Wentz and won't ever really know. What will happen if we end up trading for Wentz is certain CCS members will start posting tweets from any media member that says the Bears overpaid or says they know what other teams were offering or whatever other negative tweet they can find about the trade and run with it even though no media member will ever actually know the truth about any of it. That's how certain people on here act. Then because those certain people are falling for what these negative tweets say, certain other posters on here will jump on that bandwagon just because they agree with how they post about the Bears or R.Pace or M.Nagy or whatever the case and they'll all believe these rumors even though they come with zero validity.

THAT'S CCS FOLKS. :bearstroll:

Or we could just judge based on whether the move was a success for failure. I don't care what they paid for 4M for example. He was a fucking failure. I don't care what they paid for Foles, he was a fucking failure. All that matters if we trade for Wentz is whether he succeeds or whether he is a fucking failure.

Reactions: 1ke

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So it is your argument that the race of a coach can never be mentioned without it being race baiting? Seems you are revealing your politics my friend. You made an assumption based on your biases/prejudices.

Why for example did you not focus on the fact I called Caldwell successful and Matty P mediocre? Someone not biased or prejudiced could have just as easily concluded that was the distinction I was making ie success vs failure.

I describe one man as successful and the other as mediocre which as Iueyedoc pointed out was being generous to Matty P. Yet the only thing you took from that was that Caldwell was black and Matty P was white.
glass houses.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Wentz did have a pretty big sample size of really good play. Lol at the “Trubisky 2.0” claim. The question is, who is he now? Can he be that guy again? Or will he continue to struggle?

Wentz wouldn’t be my first choice, but I wouldn’t be mad if the Bears got him. He’s got major talent, but not just talent that hasn’t been put together, like some—but rather talent that’s been realized at the NFL level for a somewhat extended period of time (not just game-to-game).

A lot of dipshits on here think just this.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:

To be fair we all wanted Nagy fired after making the playoffs 2 out of 3 years.

But I think Nagy and Caldwell were obviously different situations and had the teams on different trajectories. Luckily Patricia torpedoed the lions back to where they belong.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
And with Pace, "at least he tried" is better than sitting on his hands and basically doing nothing to try to fix the QB situation. Which is what he does most of the time.

My take is that his chances are expired and he no longer has the luxury of merely appearing to try. Pace and Nagy have to win more next year but not because the owners want to win but because the fans are loud and will be even louder next year.

I think there are better options, and I think drafting a rookie would be a better option. Whatever.

Oh there are better options I agree fully. Drafting a rookie might be better (but I am no scout so I don't have "a guy") BUT no way do Pace and Nagy draft a rookie high as their big QB move. They don't have the time to develop one. They need to succeed in 2021 period. Again that is just my read on things.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
yes, and still one playoff appearance less than the Lions over the last ten years, and the same amount of victories. Congrats on backing into the playoffs this year thanks to another opening being created. Oh and, didn't the Bears finish last four consecutive years?

Lions get paid a first to take on a marginal talent QB with an overpaid contract. (Goff)
Ryan Pace wants to trade away a first and more for an arguably worse QB. (Wentz)
Yes, Ryan Pace, man of legends!

Hey dipshit, all of us can keep going back further into time and believe me, it just gets much worse for the Lions. I actually love when you keep pulling this shit cause it shows how truly football stupid you are.