Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Wentz cant stay healthy. Best ability is availability and he doesn't have that.
This was one of the big talking points when the Eagles were deciding between him or Foles.

Truthfully, he hasn't missed much time. Due to injury he's missed 8 games in 5 seasons. That's a lot better than Foles who's never played 16 games in a season.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Wentz cant stay healthy. Best ability is availability and he doesn't have that.

He played in all 16 games in 2019 and all games this year despite being sacked 50 times in 11 1/2 games before the benching.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He played in all 16 games in 2019 and all games this year despite being sacked 50 times in 11 1/2 games before the benching.
He did play 16 in 19 but he only play 12 games in 2020 cause he got benched for Hurts.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Brady was dumb luck, no?

How Pace and Nagy were not sitting at the gate of the Brady estate the millisecond free agency opened I will never understand. Ever.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hurts was getting sacked as well so we know that line was bad. I think ours would be somewhat of an improvement with Daniels coming back and Mustipher and Bars doing okay

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
i know what you meant. but my point is that drafted qbs need time, time that the gm and coach dont have
But a drafted qb that shows improvement and ability during the year buys the coach and gm more years. A trade this drastic either is great for everyone, or gets coach and gm fired and the franchise is screwed for a few years. So if they make the big trade for someone, then hopefully for all it works out. Easier to say and harder to do.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Hurts was getting sacked as well so we know that line was bad. I think ours would be somewhat of an improvement with Daniels coming back and Mustipher and Bars doing okay

philly gave up 65 sacks last year, bears gave up 36.
bit of a difference there.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chances are the 2021 SB will be Brady vs Mahomes. Just draft a QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
i could see this if they had a few years but they dont

If they draft a QB that can look like he belongs no matter the record and the team isn't looking like a mess then i could see them coming back. The issue is i can't get behind giving either 4 years deals without seeing them make something out of that new young QB and team in year two, so if they could somehow get them on another prove yourselves deal for 2022 then i'd be good with seeing if they could build something with Z.Wilson or J.Fields at QB.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
How Pace and Nagy were not sitting at the gate of the Brady estate the millisecond free agency opened I will never understand. Ever.
Word was they came in 3rd.

I think there was something to him finally wanting to play in warm weather

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Fitzpatrick and a rook? Dolphins 2020 route?

Serious question... if the Bears drafted a QB and he looked lets just say like Herbert but they went 5-12 next year would Pace and Nagy get fired?
What rookie QB? The top 3 are almost certain to go top 4. Would take a Huge trade up to get one of them. Lance won't last past 8. Do you want to give 2 #1 picks ++ to get Lance. Do you want to get Jones. There is no one else that will play in 21. Fits is 38. He played last year in Miami, Florida ** WARM**. He is going to want to come to Chicago and their shitty weather. Wentz or Winston is what it looks like and Winston may sign with NO before the FA period starts.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Chicago was in on Brady to the end and may have like Chicago better. He did not want to play in the cold anymore. He could not control how his hands worked in the cold at his age. Never thought we had a chance with him.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What rookie QB? The top 3 are almost certain to go top 4. Would take a Huge trade up to get one of them. Lance won't last past 8. Do you want to give 2 #1 picks ++ to get Lance. Do you want to get Jones. There is no one else that will play in 21. Fits is 38. He played last year in Miami, Florida ** WARM**. He is going to want to come to Chicago and their shitty weather. Wentz or Winston is what it looks like and Winston may sign with NO before the FA period starts.
Yes, I would rather trade up for a QB than give multiple firsts or a big package for Wentz.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The second that management decided to keep Pace something like this was the obvious outcome.

If they give a first rounder plus players and get no draft capital back, well, they have no one to blame but themselves.

It'll definitely be them taking a huge shot at fixing our QB position if they trade for Wentz. Even though i'm not overly excited about them making this trade for Wentz i do think it could work out for us. I don't think Wentz will be worse than Mitch or Foles and think we could win with him, but if we get the Wentz of his first few years then it could be a big hit for us. I'm not one that's gonna try to predict if the guy can still play and play well in the league or if he's what we saw last year because none of us know and that's a fact. It comes down to exactly what this trade ends up being for me. What we give up, what we get back if anything with Wentz and what the money on his contract ends up being that we'll be on the books for with the rumors of Wentz being willing to rework his deal to get out of Philly. Trading Foles and maybe Cohen or A.Miller is a plus getting that money off the books.

That's right no paragraphs and not much or punctuation so deal with it.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
It'll definitely be them taking a huge shot at fixing our QB position if they trade for Wentz. Even though i'm not overly excited about them making this trade for Wentz i do think it could work out for us. I don't think Wentz will be worse than Mitch or Foles and think we could win with him, but if we get the Wentz of his first few years then it could be a big hit for us. I'm not one that's gonna try to predict if the guy can still play and play well in the league or if he's what we saw last year because none of us know and that's a fact. It comes down to exactly what this trade ends up being for me. What we give up, what we get back if anything with Wentz and what the money on his contract ends up being that we'll be on the books for with the rumors of Wentz being willing to rework his deal to get out of Philly. Trading Foles and maybe Cohen or A.Miller is a plus getting that money off the books.

That's right no paragraphs and not much or punctuation so deal with it.
They are going to give what ever it takes, even if it is a lot more than a first rounder. The key to getting Wentz to play better is to get him to accept coaching and get his fundamentals solid again. Can our coaching do that and will he change are both unknown questions. But this looks to be Pace and Nagy's attempt to keep their jobs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Nagy would get all the credit as an offensive HC and throw Desai under the bus of course. Lynn had the opposite problem. He’s a defensive HC who’s defense vastly underperformed with good talent.

Anthony Lynn is the new OC in Detroit. He's an offensive coach. Just sayin. LOL

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, I would rather trade up for a QB than give multiple firsts or a big package for Wentz.

Yep, but I am trying to make peace with the fact that it's exactly what is going to happen.

Ryan Pace in a bidding war scares the hell out of me. Wentz is coming off a terrible season and the Eagles need to move ASAP to avoid eating another ten million. With all that leverage, Pace will still overpay just because literally one other team has shown legitimate interest.