Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schefter says multiple teams have called and talked to the Eagles about Wentz but said he thinks it comes down to Indy and Chicago. Not saying Pace needs to go all in. He still needs to understand that they need to trade Wentz but there are more teams then just Chi and Indy talking to them about Wentz per Schefter.

I think Indy and Chicago are the most heavily invested and likely bidding against each other...which unnerves me because Pace is still the guy that traded above himself.

I saw the JHC post seconds before mine about Pace staying "disciplined" and hope that is right and I am wrong.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I think Indy and Chicago are the most heavily invested and likely bidding against each other...which unnerves me because Pace is still the guy that traded above himself.

I saw the JHC post seconds before mine about Pace staying "disciplined" and hope that is right and I am wrong.

I wonder if these teams have people now trying to control the perception of these trades on social media and with reporters before they are broken

How would somebody ever know Pace or Ballard are "staying disciplined" or what that really even means. To me that seems like just another GM buzz word like communication and collaboration

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Bears should just start reducing the offer. The PHI Wentz bridge has been burnt, blown up and sunk to the bottom of the lake at this point with all these rumors. Only leverage PHI has is Pace's gullibility.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
ownership are retards! given the current team talent or lack thereof, they give the gm and coach a one year make or break year? A year in which we have zero draft capital in comparison to others that are qb needy.

What happened with the bucs was pure luck that they were able to acquire a brady type level qb, but they also already had a ton of talent from years of shitdom.

This recipe will just delay any success we have in the the few years.

I have less than zero faith in anyone that Pace is able to get this year as QB. He has proven time and time again to suck at it!!!!!

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
It'll definitely be them taking a huge shot at fixing our QB position if they trade for Wentz. Even though i'm not overly excited about them making this trade for Wentz i do think it could work out for us. I don't think Wentz will be worse than Mitch or Foles and think we could win with him, but if we get the Wentz of his first few years then it could be a big hit for us. I'm not one that's gonna try to predict if the guy can still play and play well in the league or if he's what we saw last year because none of us know and that's a fact. It comes down to exactly what this trade ends up being for me. What we give up, what we get back if anything with Wentz and what the money on his contract ends up being that we'll be on the books for with the rumors of Wentz being willing to rework his deal to get out of Philly. Trading Foles and maybe Cohen or A.Miller is a plus getting that money off the books.

That's right no paragraphs and not much or punctuation so deal with it.
I don't think the injury from 2017 (knee) or 2018 (back) had much of an effect on his 2020 play. He missed all the off season and the first couple of games in 2018 after rehabbing the knee but outside of the New Orleans game he was excellent until hurting his back towards the end of the season. He came back in 2019 and had a pretty good season throwing for over 4,000 yards and 27 TD's versus 7 int. His first 4 seasons in the league, he was very good! I don't think it's a fair characterization when some on this board say he's sucked that past few years; it's simply untrue. 2020 was god awful but so was everything in Philadelphia. I don't know what the issue was, but the false impression that Hurts was able to flourish in the offense when Wentz sucked is a misnomer. He performed just as poorly as Wentz did.

The one injury that I would be worried about was the concussion he suffered in the playoff game in 2019 against Seattle. He's said that it was much worse than he could ever imagine and that he wasn't right for a while. I'm not a doctor, but clearly something was wrong between the ears with Wentz last year. He wasn't reading defenses the same, he was slower to react and didn't get the ball out on time, and he was definitely seeing ghosts back there. I'm not saying it was the linger effect of the concussion but if it was as bad as he said it was I can see it playing games with his head when he drops back to pass. Of course it could easily be the shit show that was the Eagles and it could be blamed on the challenges they had with the offensive line and receiving corps. But in any event the outlier was the 2020 season and not the previous 4.

I think

Monster

Liked Posts:
Heard rumor Luck may come back? Anyone else hear that?

If so could be the Colts just running up the price with no real interest.

Just speculation of course... what the fuck do I know.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There's no way I would give up Roquan in that deal
if you are giving up a second round pick, you don’t give away a pro bowl player for a currently below average QB who may or may not work out. just stupid all around.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Roquon was a typo for Quinn or Trevathon I hope.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eagles radio personality (Natalie Eganhof) is saying the deal for Wentz is almost done... Bears give up first rounder, Foles and another unnamed offensive player for Wentz.

Edit: One could hope... Leno.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eagles radio personality (Natalie Eganhof) is saying the deal for Wentz is almost done... Bears give up first rounder, Foles and another unnamed offensive player for Wentz.

Edit: One could hope... Leno.

I could totally live with this deal.

I was worried more about giving up multiple firsts/seconds.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They should get back a third rounder or so on that deal. Either way it's an overpay but another draft pick with a decent shot to contribute would make it a lot easier to take.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I think Bears should just start reducing the offer. The PHI Wentz bridge has been burnt, blown up and sunk to the bottom of the lake at this point with all these rumors. Only leverage PHI has is Pace's gullibility.
The offer should be: "You give us Wentz and a 1st round pick just to get rid of him, because he's bad, and we know you're desperate to get rid of his contract, ala Jared Goff. We give you some compensatory picks + Foles if you want him.

Anything outside of that defies reason, given the circumstances surrounding Wentz. If the Bears give up anything of value in this trade, they are absolute fucking morons.