Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I'd drag it out until it gets close to the start of the league year so Philly has to start worrying about the roster bonus.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eagles radio personality (Natalie Eganhof) is saying the deal for Wentz is almost done... Bears give up first rounder, Foles and another unnamed offensive player for Wentz.

Edit: One could hope... Leno.
If the Bears give up Leno and #20 who is gonna play LT?

IMO the offensive player has to be A Miller.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Peter King reports that Sam Darnold landing with the loser of the Wentz trade Bears vs Colts. Would you rather have Wentz or Darnold?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Would love to get out from under Foles as well.

Foles was at least cap friendly. Wentz has a cap hit that will be three or four times higher. Worth it if he's successful, but crippling if not.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Would love to get out from under Foles as well.
This is an important point. If you are getting Wentz, Foles and his contract would be considered the 'negative asset'. Bears might have to offer something for the cap strapped Eagles to take him on.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:

"Adam Caplan: "As I understand it, the Bears are not interested in giving up two first round picks. They gave up two first round picks [in 2018] to get to get Khalil Mack and then some. They don't want to do that. I kinda of laughed at the poeple who wanted to comapare the [Matthew] Stafford trade. Folks, Matthew Stafford is a proven NFL quarterback who's never been benched. Carson Wentz may be a very talented quarterback, but he was benched. The Bears want the guy, that's based on multiple sources. They want the guy, but I can't see [Bears GM] Ryan Pace caving in here.""

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
If the Bears give up Leno and #20 who is gonna play LT?

IMO the offensive player has to be A Miller.
Eagles have 2 young LTs in Dillard and Mailata. Also, Leno's ~$9M cap number would be hard to stomach considering Foles will be adding ~$4M to their already cap strapped situation.

Miller makes a ton of sense. They will be cutting Jeffery and Jackson, so WRs will be needed. I could see Miller also benefiting from the change of scenery.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Eagles radio personality (Natalie Eganhof) is saying the deal for Wentz is almost done... Bears give up first rounder, Foles and another unnamed offensive player for Wentz.

Edit: One could hope... Leno.

Shes off of Cohen I see lol!

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If its Wentz or Darnold please let it be Wentz. I just got sick to my stomach.
I would vastly prefer parting with a third or fourth round selection for Darnold than selling a valuable asset to acquire Wentz. I don't think there is much disparity in the potential between the two. Wentz was abysmal last year.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If its Wentz or Darnold please let it be Wentz. I just got sick to my stomach.
Ya, I don't understand why it has to be one or the other. Wentz has a proven record for 2 to 3 years of producing at a higher level. Now injuries and 2020 as well as reports of being an ass sour the public on him, but what in the hell has Sam Darnold showed in the NFL during his career that makes him a got to have trade guy?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
I would vastly prefer parting with a third or fourth round selection for Darnold than selling a valuable asset to acquire Wentz. I don't think there is much disparity in the potential between the two. Wentz was abysmal last year.
Darnold will cost more then that

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I'd much rather pay for Wentz. He was at least an MVP candidate in 2017 and then was above average again in 2018 and 2019.

Darnold has literally never flashed anything in his 3 years in the pros besides mediocre football.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
saw this on a eagles forum but i would say hell no

Latest rumor:
Eagles give up Wentz and a 2021 2nd rd pick to the Bears.
Bears give up 2021 1st rounder, 2022 2nd rounder, Foles and Roquan Smith.
Lol, that is fake news. Roquan is not going anywhere .

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Indy still doesn't have a starting QB. Prices will keep going up. Trading up for them is expensive and most of the good QB may not make it out of the top 8.