Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I would vastly prefer parting with a third or fourth round selection for Darnold than selling a valuable asset to acquire Wentz. I don't think there is much disparity in the potential between the two. Wentz was abysmal last year.

What the fuck had Darnold shown that makes him attractive other than being a former top 5 pick. It’s certainly not production because it’s fucking horrendous.

I couldn’t disagree more.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
If the Iggles took on Roquan and Foles that would add like $10mil to their cap, almost no way they would have any interest in that. Not sure why the Iggs would want any players back who aren't on rookie deal for at least two more years.

Last edited:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I'd much rather pay for Wentz. He was at least an MVP candidate in 2017 and then was above average again in 2018 and 2019.

Darnold has literally never flashed anything in his 3 years in the pros besides mediocre football.
I don't think odds are good that either of these desperation moves will work out. Particularly with Matt Nagy as the Bears head coach. So I'd rather pick the obviously doomed move that has fewer long-term ramifications, since it's becoming kind of obvious that this Bears off-season will be yet another mediocre one.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What the fuck had Darnold shown that makes him attractive other than being a former top 5 pick. It’s certainly not production because it’s fucking horrendous.

I couldn’t disagree more.
I don't really want either of them. Its more about the cost than the player.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Iggles took on Roquan and Foles that would add like $10mil to their cap, almost no way they would have any interest in that. Not sure why the Iggs would want any players black who aren't on rookie deal for at least two more years.
Not to mention Roquan is arguably the most valuable player on the Bears D considering his age and ability. Would make 0 sense for the Bears to trade him.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
Darnold, even though super young, still does not look like he has any chance of playing to the speed of the NFL. He’s not fixable IMO.

Wentz has at least one leg to stand on.

Still don’t want either of them but Darnold is just a no go.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think he ever said that. What is his career? If it's sports reporting, then he wouldn't say that. If it's anything else, then that would have no affect on his career.

He said it. He said “i was mostly trolling...”

so fuck that guy

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Over the last few weeks the Jets have been trying to pretend they intend to keep Darnold even though they can draft Fields or Wilson. Hard to see the Jets not taking a QB at #2.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Darnold even better than 4M?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Is Darnold even better than 4M?
I think they are both so lowly that it makes no difference. If a team has Sam Darnold or Mitchell Trubisky starting football games for them they will need to be unbelievably talented otherwise to even rise to the status of contender. The 2018 Bears could almost achieve that distinction and we saw how far Mitchell Trubisky took them...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Over the last few weeks the Jets have been trying to pretend they intend to keep Darnold even though the can draft Fields or Wilson. Hard to see the Jets not taking a QB at #2.

Agreed 100%.

And that would leave only 1 that could potentially drop to a position the bears could trade up for. Assuming the can’t trade for Watson or trade up for Wilson/Fields, I don’t see a better option than a Wentz trade for the Bears at this point. ?‍♂️

If anyone has any better ideas to improve at QB in 2021 I’d love to hear it.