Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This is an important point. If you are getting Wentz, Foles and his contract would be considered the 'negative asset'. Bears might have to offer something for the cap strapped Eagles to take him on.
I think that Philly and it's fans have an understandable but overvalued opinion of Foles, plus they still need a back up QB and Foles only counts $4M vs the cap next season for an acquiring team, so I think PHI will see him as an asset.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Agreed 100%.

And that would leave only 1 that could potentially drop to a position the bears could trade up for. Assuming the can’t trade for Watson or trade up for Wilson/Fields, I don’t see a better option than a Wentz trade for the Bears at this point. ?‍♂️

If anyone has any better ideas to improve at QB in 2021 I’d love to hear it.
It's real hard to think Atlanta is not talking the left over QB Fields or Wilson. This is their time to replace Ryan. Do what KC did. Sit the kid for a year and watch. Start him in 22 after dumping Ryan. Too expensive for them to dump Ryan this year.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
It's real hard to think Atlanta is not talking the left over QB Fields or Wilson. This is their time to replace Ryan. Do what KC did. Sit the kid for a year and watch. Start him in 22 after dumping Ryan. Too expensive for them to dump Ryan this year.
Absolutely agree. I bet Lawrence and Wilson go 1-2, and then ATL drafts the local kid Fields.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Perfect, Wentz to Houston, Foles to Philly, Watson to Chicago, and then other crap to make it all work.
One can dream, I get that he means 3 teams interested, not in a 3 team trade.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears will not be allowed to franchise tag Allen Robinson II until the twenty-third of this month.
And the trade can't become official until the new league year...which is March 17th.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
And the trade can't become official until the new league year...which is March 17th.
True, I dont know if there's a precedent for it but then again that Stafford trade happened before the Super Bowl.

I do think it would be prudent to not resolve the Allen Robinson II situation until after the Chris Godwin and Kenny Golladay situations are resolved. If those two stand pat the Bears can expect the trade market for Robinson II to be pretty vibrant.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya, I don't understand why it has to be one or the other. Wentz has a proven record for 2 to 3 years of producing at a higher level. Now injuries and 2020 as well as reports of being an ass sour the public on him, but what in the hell has Sam Darnold showed in the NFL during his career that makes him a got to have trade guy?
He carried that team in 2019 and 2020 likely pissed him off while still trying to do too much early and before he fully had his legs. Maybe eventually calling quick outs instead of the sideline calls simply to avoid getting killed. When he ran the play, he ran it to a fault to try and make something happen and took too many sacks. Obviously, I don't know the inner strife and how much of it was Wentz's fault but he may be as much a victim as cause.

Not fully sure what to expect but this trade is OK by me. We need something and at least there's a lot of potential here for a guy that has the skills and brane to succeed. The longer this takes, the more likely Pace works out something acceptable. we may not care for his drafts or his all his FA moves but he done well on trade acquisitions and compensation. You know he's constantly in the Eagles ear.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
After the Bears released the hype video today that included him I was hoping we see an extension soon.
I don't want to totally derail this thread but I am not keen on paying players for past success instead of future success. Robinson II was a good soldier for the Bears and I have no ill will, but I don't think its good business to give up all of the Bears cap flexibility on this one player. Especially considering the pitiful state of the offensive tackle position.