Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
In watching a few wentz highlights I've never seen a bear qb make some of the throws he can make. If they can get him and manage to get him back to form, address RT and keep arob while potentially adding another receiver threat in the draft, I would be excited to see what they can do offensively next year.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I dont think anyone wants to give up more than a third for Wentz.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The goods news about these tweets (and Allbright is normally spot on) is it doesn't sound like the Eagles are getting offers that are ridiculous offers. I hope Pace doesn't give in.

Would any of us be surprised of Pace was bidding against himself and driving up his own price?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Di Filippo being promoted to passing game coordinator could be telling in the Wentz discussions. There's no way the Bears have gone this far down the Wentz trade path without him being onboard and providing his opinions.
Pegger we aren't trading for Wentz lol. I don't care if I have to burn Halas Hall down to prevent it

jazzmcfunk

Liked Posts:
I am a big supporter of drafting and developing a QB. I'd like to see us get more picks than less. It's hard to build a dynasty with UDFA's.
As far a Wentz goes, I am hopeful we don't trade for him; if the Eagles don't want him, why should we?
Secondly, Carr does not impress me as a QB. I was utterly astonished watching a few Raiders games this year where the guy consistently missed pre-snap reads. On one play, he missed the read on a LB blitzing the A gap and Josh Jacobs got decimated in the back field. I would have been pissed if I was Jacobs, to be honest. At his age, missing pre-snap reads should be as damning to a QB as having ball security problems would be to a RB.
Also - keep in mind that neither the Raiders nor the Eagles had better records than the Bears; why then would we want their most "influential" players?

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would be for wentz if it cost nothing. Pace will probably give a 1st rounder
The Eagles will definetly want a 1st rounder or two 1st rounders. The rumor is a 1st rounder, Cohen and Foles.