Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wouldn't be mad trading for Carr but I think he'll cost alot too.

Lower ceiling but higher floor than Wentz

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
1612840340861.png

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz reportedly suffered a stress fracture in his back during adolescence that was revealed during his redshirt freshman season of college with the North Dakota State Bison. The injury was also included in his medical report given to teams at the 2016 NFL Scouting Combine.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
NFL Scout Identifies The Main Problem With Carson Wentz

B/R Gridiron
@brgridiron

Two years after Nick Foles won a Super Bowl with Wentz on the sidelines, the Eagles drafted Jalen Hurts in the second round. “Fighting through that adversity hasn’t worked for him; in fact, it’s done the opposite and has driven him to his worst season yet.”

Well then the Bears would be the perfect team for him. Despite consistent subpar QB play, they never draft competition for their starter.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be mad trading for Carr but I think he'll cost alot too.

Lower ceiling but higher floor than Wentz

Yeah, as much as I don't want to give up a 1 for Wentz....I'd rather give up a 1st for him than 2 firsts for Carr. Carr is 2 years older, and while his numbers are on the way up, he's pretty close to his plateau. Wentz's best is better than Carr's best, and their career numbers are pretty similar. Carr will also likely require a contract extension near the 30Mil range.

If you're giving up 2 first for Carr, might as well give up 3 and get Watson.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
or upgrade the offensive line first.
Since this is all you talk about what is your O line upgrade plan. Draft a T at 20? Spend every draft pick on O Line? You seem hell bent on trotting Nick Foles out there next season.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Since this is all you talk about what is your O line upgrade plan. Draft a T at 20? Spend every draft pick on O Line? You seem hell bent on trotting Nick Foles out there next season.
Honestly, seems like one of the best options. Watson being the lone exception. None of these other guys being discussed are going to elevate the Bears, it’s all about Pace/Nagy trying to save their jobs.

If Watson is off the table, stay put at 20, take the best OL. Trot foles out there for 4 wins and go after QB in 2022 with all your picks available.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, seems like one of the best options. Watson being the lone exception. None of these other guys being discussed are going to elevate the Bears, it’s all about Pace/Nagy trying to save their jobs.

If Watson is off the table, stay put at 20, take the best OL. Trot foles out there for 4 wins and go after QB in 2022 with all your picks available.
The problem is thinking they will only win 4 games. They will win 7-8 or maybe more. And yes I have seen the schedule.

What QB will they get in the mid teens next year?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think Bears should just start reducing the offer. The PHI Wentz bridge has been burnt, blown up and sunk to the bottom of the lake at this point with all these rumors. Only leverage PHI has is Pace's gullibility.
And other teams with interest.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Peter King reports that Sam Darnold landing with the loser of the Wentz trade Bears vs Colts. Would you rather have Wentz or Darnold?
Won't the loser of the Wentz trade already have Wentz? What will they do with Darnold?

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
The problem is thinking they will only win 4 games. They will win 7-8 or maybe more. And yes I have seen the schedule.

What QB will they get in the mid teens next year?
Exactly. The problem with that logic is that the Bears actually have more talent than a lot of other teams. The ‘wait until the draft next year’ approach when they have a top 5 pick doesn’t work out too well if they go 8-8 and will have to trade draft capital to move up to get a top QB.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The other two teams in on Wentz are probably Washington and Carolina. The Athletic had them in on all the vet QBs. Washington is probably out being a division rival. Carolina was more interested in Stafford.

They think Philly would prefer to trade Wentz to the AFC, but Ballard is too disciplined to offer much for Wentz and are already looking at other options.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Next years draft is not as talented as this years across the board. Not only there is QB talent, but O-line, WRs, CBs, Ss, and ILBs. Next year looks like a down year for not only QBs, but mostly everything the Bears need at this point. I would try to get Mac Jones or Trey Lance, get a OT in 2nd round, then trade down get picks for ILB, CB, WR, and S. Trade a 2022 2nd or 3rd. Next years draft doesn't look that good compared to this years.