Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep, but I am trying to make peace with the fact that it's exactly what is going to happen.

Ryan Pace in a bidding war scares the hell out of me. Wentz is coming off a terrible season and the Eagles need to move ASAP to avoid eating another ten million. With all that leverage, Pace will still overpay just because literally one other team has shown legitimate interest.

The fact the Bears know about this deadline for 2021
cap hit the eagled would face should serve as leverage for the bears for sure.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would think there is a reasonable chance.
Look how poorly Mahomes played last night, this happened to Wentz every game this year.
He was sacked 4 1/2 times per game on average and didn't have anything resembling the KC supporting cast.

Not quite. Wentz was pressured 15.83 times a game or 37% of drop backs. Mahomes was almost double that at 29 times and over 50% of drop backs. Closest he got to that was 24 pressures against the Ravens in week 6.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
whatever they pay for wentz, its gonna cost more to get one of the top qbs in the draft

You think it would cost more for Wentz than it would be to say move up from 20 to 8 if Justin Fields is there for example? I think it’s debatable.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
They are going to give what ever it takes, even if it is a lot more than a first rounder. The key to getting Wentz to play better is to get him to accept coaching and get his fundamentals solid again. Can our coaching do that and will he change are both unknown questions. But this looks to be Pace and Nagy's attempt to keep their jobs.

Well first we don't know if Wentz is uncoachable cause we've heard he is and isn't a good teammate and we've also heard that he is a good teammate and those rumors that he isn't are false.

Either way the issue with him definitely is mental to some degree and i think some is his injury history. I believe that getting over the mental part has more to do with the player themselves then it is for coaches to get him to get through it. He needs to get his confidence back in himself.

I think D.Peterson seems like much more of a strict kind of a dick coach when you see how much of a dick he's been in any media sessions he has and Nagy is the complete opposite to where he's definitely a players coach which can be good and bad. The bad with some players coaches is some players is they aren't disciplined enough and will get stupid penalties and do stupid shit in games like J.Wims and A.Miller and i know we were up there in penalties this year on both sides of the ball.

Pace and Nagy are definitely working and coaching for their jobs this offseason and next year.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Fans will be very upset about the compensation if/when he lands in Chicago

Which fans?
That's one of those twitter 'insider' tricks people use to leave it vague so they can be right either way. Let's face it, no matter the return Philly and Chicago fans will be split and half will be pissed.

The board collectively here seems to undervalue the cost of acquiring a QB. I don't see any way it's for less than a first.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yep, but I am trying to make peace with the fact that it's exactly what is going to happen.

Ryan Pace in a bidding war scares the hell out of me. Wentz is coming off a terrible season and the Eagles need to move ASAP to avoid eating another ten million. With all that leverage, Pace will still overpay just because literally one other team has shown legitimate interest.

Schefter says multiple teams have called and talked to the Eagles about Wentz but said he thinks it comes down to Indy and Chicago. Not saying Pace needs to go all in. He still needs to understand that they need to trade Wentz but there are more teams then just Chi and Indy talking to them about Wentz per Schefter.

Last edited:

Bears Super Bowl

Liked Posts:
If Wentz does come, does this make it more or less likely AROB wants to hang around? Would Wentz be that much of a significant upgrade that he would want to stay? Or is it still about the most money he can get?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You think it would cost more for Wentz than it would be to say move up from 20 to 8 if Justin Fields is there for example? I think it’s debatable.

Yeah i think it would cost more as well to move up that high from #20. Carolina offered the Lions a 1st round pick, a 5th round pick and T.Bridgewater for M.Stafford, so i'm not so sure they would trade that #8 pick if one of the top 4 QB's are still there.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It would take 2 1sts to go from 20 to 8. Wentz isn't garnering 2 1sts unless Pace has recently taken a railroad spike to the ear hole.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Nick Stevenson
@Indy_Nick

·
3h

No way in hell ballard gives up 2 firsts. The bears would tho...

Nick Stevenson
@Indy_Nick
Chemist/statistician. High stakes fantasy football player. Die hard colts fan.

Have we now sunk to citing the AP chem teacher at Broad Ripple HS that uses his stats background to humble brag about his FF exploits?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It would take 2 1sts to go from 20 to 8. Wentz isn't garnering 2 1sts unless Pace has recently taken a railroad spike to the ear hole.

ok I’m hungover af so bare with me but wouldn’t that be the same thing.

In a trade up the bears would be swapping picks in the first and 1 additional the following year. So you are getting the rookie qb and giving up a 1st. You make the trade you get the player and give up a 1st.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
saw this on a eagles forum but i would say hell no

Latest rumor:
Eagles give up Wentz and a 2021 2nd rd pick to the Bears.
Bears give up 2021 1st rounder, 2022 2nd rounder, Foles and Roquan Smith.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
saw this on a eagles forum but i would say hell no

Latest rumor:
Eagles give up Wentz and a 2021 2nd rd pick to the Bears.
Bears give up 2021 1st rounder, 2022 2nd rounder, Foles and Roquan Smith.
I generally come around to even the most obviously-doomed player transactions because its just better to be a fan when you're hoping for things to succeed than the other way around, but this would be too horrible. Nobody could delude themselves into supporting such a horrible trade.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
ok I’m hungover af so bare with me but wouldn’t that be the same thing.

In a trade up the bears would be swapping picks in the first and 1 additional the following year. So you are getting the rookie qb and giving up a 1st. You make the trade you get the player and give up a 1st.
Trade up for Fields: Giving up the 2021 #20 and say 2022 #20 gets you 1 player over 2 drafts.

Straight trade of Wentz for #20 gets you him AND then the Bears get another player in 2021.

Fields is a swap plus a pick. Wentz is just a swap of #20 for the player.

. I hope the Bears only make the deal for Wentz, if PHI takes Foles back, maybe Miller as well and return a 2nd or 3rd. All three of those things I call, a + in the Bears column.

Last edited: