Bears are the top offer for Wentz?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Imagine killing the future of the franchise by trading for a failed qb. Pace + bears in a nutshell
I dont think Wentz is worth appreciably more than what the Bears gave up for Nick Foles just last year. This deal does not need to have any sort of future ramifications beyond this next season if the Bears dont fuck it up and wildly overpay.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are videos of him throwing over 60 yards during ACL recovery. Many things may be wrong with Wentz but I dont think arm strength is one of them. It was his back not his shoulder, no?
haven’t seen him play much, but his arm hasn’t looked the same in the limited viewing i’ve seen since his shoulder injury

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
There are videos of him throwing over 60 yards during ACL recovery. Many things may be wrong with Wentz but I dont think arm strength is one of them. It was his back not his shoulder, no?
i thought he’s had shoulder problems in the past, but you could be right.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
I was thinking this before they fired the coach. Wentz level guys never come availalble except a freak Luck/Manning type situation.

So he is getting moved, and the Colts can offer him a win now superbowl chance situation. The Bears can offer him an unsurpassed glory opportunity if he got it done. Best city to win in there is, but that takes perspective and maturity to see.

I mean after how it turned out in Philly, getting hurt and watching Foles get the glory, the Bears would be his first choice. Assuming these things matter to him, win a SB in Chicago, instant legend forever. Never buy a drink in this city again.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I dont think Wentz is worth appreciably more than what the Bears gave up for Nick Foles just last year. This deal does not need to have any sort of future ramifications beyond this next season if the Bears dont fuck it up and wildly overpay.
When teams look for someone to over pay they know which gm to go after

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Maybe so, I would hold off getting upset about the Bears parting with the twentieth overall for Carson Wentz until it actually happens.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Maybe so, I would hold off getting upset about the Bears parting with the twentieth overall for Carson Wentz until it actually happens.
I agree but i don’t see a road @qb anyone is going to like anyways

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

? ?
3 words ......keep 'em coming

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Fact.....
Wentz has now suffered four injuries in four NFL seasons.

Eh. The only ones that matter are ones that cause him to miss games. And that's just ACL and the back injury. He came back from the ACL just fine (Watson has multiple ACL tears, FWIW). And the back injury is basically the same thing Stafford dealt with in 2019, and he came back just fine this year. Wentz does have injury concerns, but the biggest concern is he actually any good anymore.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
If the bears are going to trade for a QB I would take Carr over Wentz anyday. Carr also is set to make less.

Carr's base salary has dropped to $18.9 million in 2020. He will make $19.525 million in 2021 and $19.77 million in 2022.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If the bears are going to trade for a QB I would take Carr over Wentz anyday. Carr also is set to make less.

Carr's base salary has dropped to $18.9 million in 2020. He will make $19.525 million in 2021 and $19.77 million in 2022.
Carr ain't playing for that contract. If the Raiders trade him it will be because he'll want a market value contract (30Mil/year) and they don't want to pay him that. If you trade a 1st and more for Carr, you'll have to extend his contract for bigger money.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

which would you rather? Pace give up a 1st and 2nd round picks for Carr or give up a 2nd for Wentz