Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Whose at LG with two RG? Both G have extensive injury histories. They had the same 4 stalwarts in place last year and were a bottom half of the league OL even if you attribute much of their struggles to fields holding the ball.

I think the group will be better this year due to multiple factors but the G's injury history and the unknown at C is a pretty big concern.
Settle down it was a minor brain fart.

They were middle of the pack with 4 new starters Jenkins never played left guard Patrick taking over at center Davis and Wright.

Half the battle having guys play together year after year instead of constant turnover.

And Fields was special at running into sacks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The team does have a stud on the DL that the other team has to game plan for. The same cannot be said for the OL. I do agree though that the DL could use another good DE and another serviceable DT like Jones was last year. I am concerned for CW with the OL as it sits now.
I’d wait until you see the line perform with a center that can actually snap the ball directly to the QB. Also, I believe the ball is going to come out in rhythm with Williams pulling the trigger.

So many plays were disrupted from a timing standpoint because both Whitehair and Patrick turned Fields into a shortstop with their inability to snap accurately.

Fields’ propensity to not trust his reads and hold the ball was an added detriment too.

Clean slate for me…

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Whose at LG with two RG? Both G have extensive injury histories. They had the same 4 stalwarts in place last year and were a bottom half of the league OL even if you attribute much of their struggles to fields holding the ball.

I think the group will be better this year due to multiple factors but the G's injury history and the unknown at C is a pretty big concern.
I see it different.

Not having Musty, Dusty (Whitehair) or Busty (Patrick) playing center has to be an improvement, doesn't it?

Moreover; you have two players who can probably be an improvement at center which gives you 2 chances of success.

If the Bears can get adequate center play in 2024, it would be a huge improvement over the past 2 years.

Last edited:

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Baldinger keeping it honest.
  • Center position is going to be a problem. Offensive line is only as strong as it's center
  • Don't expect much from Booker this season because most teams in the Big 12.basically play the same defense
  • Kiran Amegadje has an NFL body but didn't help himself by playing against IVY League competition. He is going to have a big adjustment in the NFL; might need to move inside
  • Interior line needs to play together and you need consistency there to be good. Jenkins could be a fixture but needs to play to do that
  • Defensive linemen make biggest jump between 1st and 2nd seasons. Hard to find good 3 technique guys
  • Two games a year are decided by special teams. Punter might help that.

Shelton did start 30 games over the last two years at center. All 17 last year. 🤷‍♂️

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regarding the media hating the Bears, I have been a Bears fan since #34 was drafted, but my "love" for the team really took off in 1984. During the many horrid losing years I have endured, I used to get angry that the media wasn't excited by the Bear's "talent" and by predicting they would suck. What I realized over time is they weren't wrong lol. With a couple of notable exceptions, the Bears have been a talentless group of below-average players who over the course of the last 35+ years have a losing record.

So the media largely called the Bears out for being, in the eloquent words of Dennis Green, who he thought they were. Hopefully now the Bears can finally flip that script.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
The original owners are focusing on their restaurant and bar in Richmond called Brat Haus.

Thats too bad, im not going to drive all the way out to fuckin Richmond. The new owners tried to install slot machines but got kaiboshed by Lake Bluff local gov and apparently didnt have a Plan B so its a vacant building now.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone have any insight in those websites that let you gamble on players like the stock market? I found predictionstrike but I don't want to sign up for an account yet. I mean, imagine buying shares of Caleb Williams and he ends up winning Super Bowls? LOL

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears have a good to great right guard in Teven Jenkins, probably a great right tackle an average right guard and an average left tackle.

We don't know what they have at center but having 4 of 5 starting positions locked up is pretty good.

The constant state of worry with the offensive line just gets old.
I think the line was already pretty good if it wasn’t so banged up. We can’t control that it won’t happen again, but everyone was nursing injuries and some missing notable time. If they can improve just in health, the OL will look vastly different. Outside of that, just another year together (minus center) will pay dividends too.