Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Big lol but at the same time the Bears might have a top 5 back 7, how important can the DL really be to a defense? /s

Improvements are to be expected from alot of players on the defense at this point. Lots of resources have been poured into that back 7 and they're going to get better

Canth

Liked Posts:
Meh, that kinda sucks to hear that the offense struggled today.

I would say though that the strength of this defense is in the backfield. So, when you take the DL and the pass rush component out of it in a 7 on 7, then the defense really is at or near that top 5 number.

It still sucks to hear there was that much struggle on offense. Glad it's only May, but I was hoping for better news than that.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Big lol but at the same time the Bears might have a top 5 back 7, how important can the DL really be to a defense? /s

Was gonna post this. Their back 7 is top 5, their defense will still be meh because they cant rush the QB.

Our LB duo is legit, and even our rotational guy sandborne is as good as a guy the lions wasted a first round pick on(LOL!)

msadows

Liked Posts:
Meh, that kinda sucks to hear that the offense struggled today.

I would say though that the strength of this defense is in the backfield. So, when you take the DL and the pass rush component out of it in a 7 on 7, then the defense really is at or near that top 5 number.

It still sucks to hear there was that much struggle on offense. Glad it's only May, but I was hoping for better news than that.

Not to make excuses, but its May and this is year 3 w/ the same scheme for some of the defensive guys

If they aren't outperforming the offense which is brand new I'd be worried.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Never get too up or too down off of info like this. Just absorb it for what it is. Vet safety said the offense was killing them the first day, and defense got the better of them the 2nd day. Take the info in and throw it on the pile. Onto the next.

Canth

Liked Posts:
Not to make excuses, but its May and this is year 3 w/ the same scheme for some of the defensive guys

If they aren't outperforming the offense which is brand new I'd be worried.

I'm not overly worried, just a bit disappointed with the news.

And yes, I'm sure the narrative would have been the sky is falling if the defense was being torn apart as well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Stroud's 1st game had a 78 rating. He had another with a 54 and a 3rd with 3 INTs. Great year but don't expect Caleb's year to be linear either.