Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, Shelton was the Rams starting center for the past 2 years. He has 32 total starts in his career.

And Poles obviously has thought highly of Ryan Bates for a while as he tried to sign him as a restricted FA and now traded for him. Bates was a starter for the Bills in 2022 and was their jack of all trades back-up in 2023.

They are not elite by any means, but they should be serviceable. And being just serviceable is a huge upgrade over anything the Bears have had for several years now at center.
Let's hope.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m sorry but this kind of stuff is idiotic at this point.

He’s a rookie. It’s a brand new system. No Allen. No Odunze. Apparently, he had a real good first OTA. I realize you mentioned most of these points.

The ONLY way I would be concerned at this point is if I was reading reports that his arm talent was not as advertised or he was acting like an entitled asshole.
Well thankfully on the latter two points, they're definitively not true.

Perhaps I am just chastened by many times in the past when the offense has looked horrible at various times before the season, and then generally been admonished by fellow Bears fans that it was "just preseason!!", or that "pre-season games don't matter!", only to see the regular-season product reflect the preparation product.

The point isn't lost on me that this isn't even pre-season, let alone mandatory mini-camp (which is coming up on June 4-6 if anyone was wondering). I truly understand all that. My point is, let's keep an eye out on how this line performs. We're a little over two months before the prime-time broadcast Hall of Fame game on 8/1 and we'll get to see the team in pads vs an aggressively coached Houston team. But if the team doesn't perform well, we shouldn't worry as it'll just be pre-season. The national media will have a field-day however if the team looks bad. Regardless, I will be watching how the line performs. It is and has been a concern of mine for years now.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Being wrong about Mahomes I can deal with but come on. Deshone Kizer and Justin Fields? When guys are bad they're just plain bad. Fields and Kizer were both very very bad.

Justin Fields was bad every year he was here like remarkably bad. At least with Trubisky there seemed to be some hope. There was never any hope with the backup kick returner from Pittsburgh.

What kind of hope was there with trubisky?

Fields can throw accurately downfield, as a former mitch supporter it was very apparent he couldnt throw past 15 yards accurately. Thats not an NFL QB, he has a backup gig solely on his draft position.

Neither mole eyes nor fields can read the field, but at least fields can throw a nice deep ball.

You clearly forget the camera panning on mitch deep balls just to realize its 10 yards overthrown.

Must be all the cheeto dust you are inhaling daily that has caused brane damage.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What kind of hope was there with trubisky?

Fields can throw accurately downfield, as a former mitch supporter it was very apparent he couldnt throw past 15 yards accurately. Thats not an NFL QB, he has a backup gig solely on his draft position.

Neither mole eyes nor fields can read the field, but at least fields can throw a nice deep ball.

You clearly forget the camera panning on mitch deep balls just to realize its 10 yards overthrown.

Must be all the cheeto dust you are inhaling daily that has caused brane damage.
In year two 230 yards per game from Mitch and 24 touchdowns in 14 games for Mitch. Justin Fields was never even close to this.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No one knew how great Mahomes would be. No one knew he was going to be probably the best ever. But you should have known Justin Fields was going to be awful after his second year. Everyone deserves a rookie year of growth and development. But there should be obvious signs of greatness minimally in year two. Hell even Trubisky looked like the guy in year two.

But the way people STILL fight for Justin Fields is just baffling.
What you have to do is follow the top CCS clown @Anytime23 and just never take a stance on any player at all and then you'll never be wrong about anyone.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What you have to do is follow the top CCS clown @Anytime23 and just never take a stance on any player at all and then you'll never be wrong about anyone.
I don't have to follow him he follows me everywhere I go Facebook Twitter you name it he's there stalking me. Saving my Facebook profile pictures anything I post on Twitter.

For him this isn't about football he's just one of the worst humans alive. He takes his job of being the biggest possible asshole in the history of the Chicago Bears Internet history very personal. I consume his thoughts on a daily basis with anything I say. I've had run ins with other fans on here but they don't let it get as personal for them as he has for him. It's kind of amusing but also baffling that he is so singularly obsessed with everything I do.

Watch how he responds to this.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
But you should have known Justin Fields was going to be awful after his second year. Everyone deserves a rookie year of growth and development. But there should be obvious signs of greatness minimally in year two. Hell even Trubisky looked like the guy in year two.
No he didn’t. He looked like a mediocre QB who beat up on a couple shit teams and had the benefit of the best defense in the NFL with the best starting field position in the league with an offense no one has any tape on.

Fields was literally trapped on a roster trying to get the #1 overall pick. You’re a fat r3tard who has failed at bears blogging and analysis more times than anyone on this board has failed at anything in their lives. The fact you still are confident enough to post like you know better than anyone is a true testament to your narcissism.

msadows

Liked Posts:
In year two 230 yards per game from Mitch and 24 touchdowns in 14 games for Mitch. Justin Fields was never even close to this.

Stats dont mean shit, mitch couldnt complete a downfield throw. He's a turd.

Fields never developed but he actually can throw a football, which is...you know, the whole point of the QB position.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No he didn’t. He looked like a mediocre QB who beat up on a couple shit teams and had the benefit of the best defense in the NFL with the best starting field position in the league with an offense no one has any tape on.

Fields was literally trapped on a roster trying to get the #1 overall pick. You’re a fat r3tard who has failed at bears blogging and analysis more times than anyone on this board has failed at anything in their lives. The fact you still are confident enough to post like you know better than anyone is a true testament to your narcissism.

I cant take anything daniel posts seriously after finding out he doesnt find fit women in their 20's attractive.

I hope when I turn 40 I don't start finding lizzo attractive instead of livvy dunne.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I cant take anything daniel posts seriously after finding out he doesnt find fit women in their 20's attractive.

I hope when I turn 40 I don't start finding lizzo attractive instead of livvy dunne.
Hes coping because he can’t get any young girls. Hes already balding and overweight. He doesn’t stand a chance.

I’m otw to a really nice brunch with my 21 year old girlfriend. It pays to be good looking and charming! Have a good Sunday bro

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Stats dont mean shit, mitch couldnt complete a downfield throw. He's a turd.

Fields never developed but he actually can throw a football, which is...you know, the whole point of the QB position.
"Stats don't mean shit" so you're just basing it purely on arm talent?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well thankfully on the latter two points, they're definitively not true.

Perhaps I am just chastened by many times in the past when the offense has looked horrible at various times before the season, and then generally been admonished by fellow Bears fans that it was "just preseason!!", or that "pre-season games don't matter!", only to see the regular-season product reflect the preparation product.

The point isn't lost on me that this isn't even pre-season, let alone mandatory mini-camp (which is coming up on June 4-6 if anyone was wondering). I truly understand all that. My point is, let's keep an eye out on how this line performs. We're a little over two months before the prime-time broadcast Hall of Fame game on 8/1 and we'll get to see the team in pads vs an aggressively coached Houston team. But if the team doesn't perform well, we shouldn't worry as it'll just be pre-season. The national media will have a field-day however if the team looks bad. Regardless, I will be watching how the line performs. It is and has been a concern of mine for years now.
It's just OTAs and I'd say the same thing if CW was looking like a god. I honestly hope he doesn't always look like a god early in camp either. That is when he should test the edges of the envelope vs a pro D.

I've seen great camps have bad seasons and vice versa. Just try not to make the same mistake twice and do whatever you need to do to get the furthest along before the season.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles lack of actually getting a veteran, solid center is going to give us trouble. Grabbing another team's second stringer and hoping that they solidify an interior line is the kind of discount shopping that could hurt Poles. He's done a lot of good things to off season, but the interior line is not one of them
Agree. I would have liked them to draft a better Center. We'll see how it plays out. I think right now our OL is decent, some positions above average. IDK if there was a special Center on the board at 75.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agree. I would have liked them to draft a better Center. We'll see how it plays out. I think right now our OL is decent, some positions above average. IDK if there was a special Center on the board at 75.
We're much better off with Bates and Shelton than Bortolini or Van Pran-Granger this year. Those were what was available and the next 2 taken after round 1.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's just OTAs and I'd say the same thing if CW was looking like a god. I honestly hope he doesn't always look like a god early in camp either. That is when he should test the edges of the envelope vs a pro D.

I've seen great camps have bad seasons and vice versa. Just try not to make the same mistake twice and do whatever you need to do to get the furthest along before the season.
Ironically I think Caleb Williams is going ultimately to be fine. It's the line I'm worried about.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We're much better off with Bates and Shelton than Bortolini or Van Pran-Granger this year. Those were what was available and the next 2 taken after round 1.

Supposedly, Poles also liked the IL kid's name who I can't pronounce because he has positional flexibility. There is a chance they could try him at guard also?

Much more depth than last year