Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's just OTAs and I'd say the same thing if CW was looking like a god. I honestly hope he doesn't always look like a god early in camp either. That is when he should test the edges of the envelope vs a pro D.

I've seen great camps have bad seasons and vice versa. Just try not to make the same mistake twice and do whatever you need to do to get the furthest along before the season.

There’s no middle ground anymore. People would be overreacting the opposite way if reports were good his first OTA. This will be impossible for some but people just need to wait for September and chill.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Supposedly, Poles also liked the IL kid's name who I can't pronounce because he has positional flexibility. There is a chance they could try him at guard also?

Much more depth than last year
Cody is actually a good backup at G. T and C were another issue.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There’s no middle ground anymore. People would be overreacting the opposite way if reports were good his first OTA. This will be impossible for some but people just need to wait for September and chill.
There's still plenty to talk about including CW but Dicks need to stay attached until then.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
No one knew how great Mahomes would be. No one knew he was going to be probably the best ever. But you should have known Justin Fields was going to be awful after his second year. Everyone deserves a rookie year of growth and development. But there should be obvious signs of greatness minimally in year two. Hell even Trubisky looked like the guy in year two.

But the way people STILL fight for Justin Fields is just baffling.
Nobody knows how great anyone is going to be at the NFL level. Hence why you should tone down your judgment of others. You've been wrong about bad players, good players, and great players.

I'd like it if you tried to be less caustic. You are a lot more grown up than the way you come across on this message board.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nobody knows how great anyone is going to be at the NFL level. Hence why you should tone down your judgment of others. You've been wrong about bad players, good players, and great players.

I'd like it if you tried to be less caustic. You are a lot more grown up than the way you come across on this message board.
I'll try and be less caustic with you and try to remember to be. But to say I set the tone for bad behavior on this board is what you said in the other thread, hyperbolic.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No way man if he doesn't do what Justin Fields did in the first preseason game 3-3 129 yards and 2 touchdowns that will set the tone for the entire season just like it did for Fields.

Immediate judgement will be in order during the Hall of Fame game.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I'll try and be less caustic with you and try to remember to be. But to say I set the tone for bad behavior on this board is what you said in the other thread, hyperbolic.
I don't think you set the tone here. But we are of a similar age based on clues I've put together. If I'm wrong here, tell me. But you are responding to teenagers and twenty year olds in kind.

You can be an ass to me if you wish - I give it and I take it. No worries. I've been an ass to you before to try and get you to want to write a better article, I've since tried to change tone with you to have a different angle at communicating this. I think as one of the elder men on this board, that acting our age would set a better tone. Shit talk as you like - that's part of being a fan - but this becomes a vortex with you at the center.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't think you set the tone here. But we are of a similar age based on clues I've put together. If I'm wrong here, tell me. But you are responding to teenagers and twenty year olds in kind.

You can be an ass to me if you wish - I give it and I take it. No worries. I've been an ass to you before to try and get you to want to write a better article, I've since tried to change tone with you to have a different angle at communicating this. I think as one of the elder men on this board, that acting our age would set a better tone. Shit talk as you like - that's part of being a fan - but this becomes a vortex with you at the center.

Yeah I'm at the center of the vortex because there's a gaggle of 15 posters that band together to completely derail a thread. And mostly because I just spent the last two years being the center of the Justin Fields is done debate. I was done with Fields two years ago.

The rest of it is them trying to rehash stuff I've said from 12 years ago. There's been stuff brought about Webb Langford Trubisky Sutton etc.

I'll say I'm sorry if I set you off. I can respectful of you and the posters who act like you both good and bad of the run ins we've had. But there are a few who don't deserve a modicum of respect and unfortunately those are the ones that are here as often as I am during the off season.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah I'm at the center of the vortex because there's a gaggle of 15 posters that band together to completely derail a thread. And mostly because I just spent the last two years being the center of the Justin Fields is done debate. I was done with Fields two years ago.

The rest of it is them trying to rehash stuff I've said from 12 years ago. There's been stuff brought about Webb Langford Trubisky Sutton etc.

I'll say I'm sorry if I set you off. I can respectful of you and the posters who act like you both good and bad of the run ins we've had. But there are a few who don't deserve a modicum of respect and unfortunately those are the ones that are here as often as I am during the off season.
You never really set me off in a way that left a lasting impression. I appreciate the sorry - that's being bigger than I'd expect to be frank. But you don't need to give any sort of apology. I just want better.

But yes, I think you enjoy the negative attention. That is how I read it from you, and if you don't mean to come across that way... Well, I can only offer to help your articles. I'm not here to edit your posts. The only ways I know how to describe how you come across on here are going to just turn to harsh and negative descriptions. I'd offer that you could rise above, but I'm not here to guide you either. I can only say that it seems to me like you want the negative attention.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You never really set me off in a way that left a lasting impression. I appreciate the sorry - that's being bigger than I'd expect to be frank. But you don't need to give any sort of apology. I just want better.

But yes, I think you enjoy the negative attention. That is how I read it from you, and if you don't mean to come across that way... Well, I can only offer to help your articles. I'm not here to edit your posts. The only ways I know how to describe how you come across on here are going to just turn to harsh and negative descriptions. I'd offer that you could rise above, but I'm not here to guide you either. I can only say that it seems to me like you want the negative attention.
Meh sometimes I enjoy setting them off. Yesterday I probably could have gone without mentioning Kizer.

Anyway I'm happy to be on good terms with you rather than bad. I'll do better to rise above. I don't think it will do any good but since you want the board to be better I'll set about being a better poster.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Meh sometimes I enjoy setting them off. Yesterday I probably could have gone without mentioning Kizer.

Anyway I'm happy to be on good terms with you rather than bad. I'll do better to rise above. I don't think it will do any good but since you want the board to be better I'll set about being a better poster.
Well thank you, I'll take you at your word. I'll try to be less of a shit in your direction too.

They enjoy setting you off too, so it seems like a mutual thing. Betcha you can find a way to rise above that makes it less fun to pick on you.

Mention Kizer all you like - it's not unfair, and I wanted the bears to go Adams - Kizer in 2017 for what it is worth. But you have just as many bad takes as many others on here and yet you find yourself in the middle of more crud, and I think it comes down to how you respond.

Anyway, my PSA is over. Let's get to talking about how Caleb Williams will make us all forget the bad times - good times are on our horizon!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't have to follow him he follows me everywhere I go Facebook Twitter you name it he's there stalking me. Saving my Facebook profile pictures anything I post on Twitter.

For him this isn't about football he's just one of the worst humans alive. He takes his job of being the biggest possible asshole in the history of the Chicago Bears Internet history very personal. I consume his thoughts on a daily basis with anything I say. I've had run ins with other fans on here but they don't let it get as personal for them as he has for him. It's kind of amusing but also baffling that he is so singularly obsessed with everything I do.

Watch how he responds to this.
You don't have to try to prove anything to me. I already know he's one of those losers that stays on social media telling overweight women that they're fat and ugly and telling people they should kill themselves, trolling anyone who's anyone in the media or any kind of celebrity away from CCS as well as his life of being CCS' top troll. He's the worst of the worst in real life and on social media.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hes coping because he can’t get any young girls. Hes already balding and overweight. He doesn’t stand a chance.

I’m otw to a really nice brunch with my 21 year old girlfriend. It pays to be good looking and charming! Have a good Sunday bro
Does she get mad that even on your dates that she has to pay her half of that you spend the whole time on phone/social media?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

And what makes this more of a problem is there's a few of our great mods who are 100% on his side so what happens is @Anytime23 and his followers start shit in the threads and that derailing will go back and forth and then those few mods ALWAYS come at the people that @Anytime23 started the derailing with and don't say shit to him/her. It's happened countless times to me and you and many others that that clown crew have it out for.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No he didn’t. He looked like a mediocre QB who beat up on a couple shit teams and had the benefit of the best defense in the NFL with the best starting field position in the league with an offense no one has any tape on.

Fields was literally trapped on a roster trying to get the #1 overall pick. You’re a fat r3tard who has failed at bears blogging and analysis more times than anyone on this board has failed at anything in their lives. The fact you still are confident enough to post like you know better than anyone is a true testament to your narcissism.
For me, it was time to move on but I expect Fields to start again. He really is in a great position to help him balance his skill set to the position.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
For me, it was time to move on but I expect Fields to start again. He really is in a great position to help him balance his skill set to the position.
If Justin Fields was potentially half as good as the fans of his on this board believe he would have been far more in demand in the trade market and would have gone for a much higher pick.

There are so many fundamental flaws to his game that exist outside of the excuses people make for his failures in Chicago that he won't ever succeed the way people think he will.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Justin Fields was potentially half as good as the fans of his on this board believe he would have been far more in demand in the trade market and would have gone for a much higher pick.

There are so many fundamental flaws to his game that exist outside of the excuses people make for his failures in Chicago that he won't ever succeed the way people think he will.
Same with Lamar. How's that going? It's an inexact science.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Does she get mad that even on your dates that she has to pay her half of that you spend the whole time on phone/social media?
Actually she paid for the whole thing. That's how it goes when you sling the premium. She even wants to go back next week! And sorry to say ive been to your FB one time.
And what makes this more of a problem is there's a few of our great mods who are 100% on his side so what happens is @Anytime23 and his followers start shit in the threads and that derailing will go back and forth and then those few mods ALWAYS come at the people that @Anytime23 started the derailing with and don't say shit to him/her. It's happened countless times to me and you and many others that that clown crew have it out for.
Theres the victim we all know and love lmaoooooooooo