Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If you stopped reading there then you missed the entire point. I was not blaming Fields directly for the losses.
i didnt stop there because i thought you were blaming him, i stopped reading because the logic was flawed and there wasnt more nuance in why the Bears lost as many games as they did.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The reports on ESPN 1000 cross talk today is they think Caleb's floor right now is better than peak Justin Fields. That even when Caleb is struggling in practice he's already been than that Justin Fields was last year.

They were talking about how he's more efficient with the football more in command in the huddle and even when he's making mistakes it's because he's attempting throws that Justin Fields refused to even try.

Based on that I think the worst we'll see from Caleb Williams is a handful of mistakes that he'll learn from and get better at and then he'll be carving teams up routinely.

Good to hear

Bears323232

Liked Posts:
Can’t wait for their numbers to be compared while ignoring Justin’s rushing production and the fact that this team has over twice the receiving talent than they did during Fields time here.

Also a big fan of your complete flip on Caleb.
Yea? And what was their record production during the rushing production??

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
i didnt stop there because i thought you were blaming him, i stopped reading because the logic was flawed and there wasnt more nuance in why the Bears lost as many games as they did.
The point has nothing to do with the number of games won. I can tell you actually didn’t read what I said!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I have a hard time holding Fields responsible for the record the last few years. They would have won a few more games with better QB play. But the record still would be bad.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We have no clue what caleb's floor is.

He's an air raid QB from a conference known for their lack of defense. He looks great and has all the tools, but guys like that have busted hard in the nfl before too.

It wont be hard to outperform fields in the passing game, but at this point of my bears fandom I think we could have drafted Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning and figured out a way to ruin them...

msadows

Liked Posts:
Agreed. What is bad on Fields is watching the All 22 after the games and seeing the glaring processing issues.
His biggest issue(IMO) wasn't even the processing.

He saw open guys and wouldnt throw it because they werent open by a mile. Dude was scared to throw into tight windows and make mistakes.

Always made no sense to me because when he did throw he was accurate. You can't be an nfl qb without being willing to make tight throws

Bears323232

Liked Posts:
I have a hard time holding Fields responsible for the record the last few years. They would have won a few more games with better QB play. But the record still would be bad.
My point is his rushing did not mean shit when the other team forced him to pass the ball. I don’t care about rushing for 1000 yards from a quarterback

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh look another dumbass who’s going to come out from under his rock now that the bears drafted the second coming. Caleb might have been the worst thing to happen to this mb
The point has nothing to do with the number of games won. I can tell you actually didn’t read what I said!
Make your posts more worth reading.

Bears323232

Liked Posts:
Oh look another dumbass who’s going to come out from under his rock now that the bears drafted the second coming. Caleb might have been the worst thing to happen to this mb

Make your posts more worth reading.
Oh you don’t know the record production? That’s ok I’ll tell you, it was 3 and fucking 14

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cody is actually a good backup at G. T and C were another issue.
Not the last two years. He was below average at guard and I don't recall him ever taking a snap at tackle

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Oh you don’t know the record production? That’s ok I’ll tell you, it was 3 and fucking 14
I too am shocked a team that was literally built to lose…
*checks notes* LOST

Lmao fucking idiot

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not the last two years. He was below average at guard and I don't recall him ever taking a snap at tackle
and why he was a backup.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
The reports on ESPN 1000 cross talk today is they think Caleb's floor right now is better than peak Justin Fields. That even when Caleb is struggling in practice he's already been than that Justin Fields was last year.

They were talking about how he's more efficient with the football more in command in the huddle and even when he's making mistakes it's because he's attempting throws that Justin Fields refused to even try.

Based on that I think the worst we'll see from Caleb Williams is a handful of mistakes that he'll learn from and get better at and then he'll be carving teams up routinely.
Cool now do Atlanta and your top qb prospect