Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How’s your optimism on career back up and future starter for the bears Ryan bates?
Better than what we had. He's getting C reps because he's more stout than Coleman. That he looks like he's getting 1st team reps ahead of the guy that started on the Rams for the last 2 years is, at least, encouraging.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Better than what we had. He's getting C reps because he's more stout than Coleman. That he looks like he's getting 1st team reps ahead of the guy that started on the Rams for the last 2 years is, at least, encouraging.
So you just made comments to why 1 guy was a back up and how his play showed why he was a back up, and now one guy that had like 20 snaps last year who was a back up is getting first team reps without pads on in OTA’s and I’m supposed to be encouraged by that?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Do you want to talk about the Bears?
I have several posts in this very thread all strictly bears related but cool deflection away from how you had penix as the best qb in this draft. Also going to be very tightly tracking this years tackle class to see if your gut feeling was correct or just another classic case of rot gut

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I have several posts in this very thread all strictly bears related but cool deflection away from how you had penix as the best qb in this draft. Also going to be very tightly tracking this years tackle class to see if your gut feeling was correct or just another classic case of rot gut
So you just want to argue with me okay.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yes that’s correct.

Imagine complaining about arguing about football opinions on an internet website dedicated to sharing differing opinions on football! Crazy concept I know.
Sure if that's only what you were doing. Instead you're still pissed about my Justin Fields opinion and are stalking me for any other opinion I give so you can mock me for that opinion bookmark that opinion see if I was wrong in a couple of years and then yell at me some more. Seems to be a real emotionally stable way to go about your interaction with me on the message board. But of course you're hiding behind the words "intellectual accuracy" as if holding me accountable means anything.

You're basically mad about Justin Fields and can't wait to be right about something just so you can run your mouth about it. You can't admit how wrong you were about Justin Fields nor can you deal with the fact that after 80 percent of the board endlessly mocked my Justin Fields opinion and fought with me for hours on end that you were all wrong. Instead you're desperate to find something else to mock me over to rack up a troll win.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Can’t wait for their numbers to be compared while ignoring Justin’s rushing production and the fact that this team has over twice the receiving talent than they did during Fields time here.

Also a big fan of your complete flip on Caleb.
So with Justin's rushing production you think he would have eventually been successful at a high level with better talent around him....

If he's such a good rusher they should have hired Chip Kelly to run his triple option offense that would have really put the league on notice.

Funny though how his rushing production drastically fell off in 2023.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you just made comments to why 1 guy was a back up and how his play showed why he was a back up, and now one guy that had like 20 snaps last year who was a back up is getting first team reps without pads on in OTA’s and I’m supposed to be encouraged by that?
WTF is wrong with you? I never said we were set at C long term but if Bates starts, I would presume he's better than Coleman who we know is a lot better than our Cs were last year. Yes that's encouraging compared to what we had. Cody is retirement age and still in the league as a backup G and got a an over 800,000 signing bonus so unlikely to be cut. He'll likely be a backup G again on a different line as stated.

I'd tell you to take your pretzel logic and shove it but something is already up your ass today. Getting all Karen because Poles didn't do exactly what you personally wanted, LOL.

Last edited:

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
Shelton was the starter though. Am I missing something here?

I would say the O-line is improved on paper over last year. Won’t mean much until the pads come on as you said though.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Sure if that's only what you were doing. Instead you're still pissed about my Justin Fields opinion and are stalking me for any other opinion I give so you can mock me for that opinion bookmark that opinion see if I was wrong in a couple of years and then yell at me some more. Seems to be a real emotionally stable way to go about your interaction with me on the message board. But of course you're hiding behind the words "intellectual accuracy" as if holding me accountable means anything.

You're basically mad about Justin Fields and can't wait to be right about something just so you can run your mouth about it. You can't admit how wrong you were about Justin Fields nor can you deal with the fact that after 80 percent of the board endlessly mocked my Justin Fields opinion and fought with me for hours on end that you were all wrong. Instead you're desperate to find something else to mock me over to rack up a troll win.
Bruh i am not mad one bit about justin fields lmao, I am happy he is gone clearly not NFL level starting player.

I'm not in anyway desperate for any #calledit on you as I have amassed far more than you have in your entire time here.

I have also stated how much easier it is to hit faked #calledits by saying players will bust when the likelihood of a player busting is far greater than that of 1 hitting and you have yet to show me even a single #calledit you have made on a player hitting. You have offered 0 rebuttal to this claim.

All the players you have liked you have given the kiss of death,

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Shelton was the starter though. Am I missing something here?

I would say the O-line is improved on paper over last year. Won’t mean much until the pads come on as you said though.
idk I for 1 am seriously ENCOURAGED that Bateman is getting 1st team reps at center imo its really encouraging and a good sign