Bears OTAs and Minicamps (Rookie, voluntary, mandatory, coerced, etc.)

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Fired up? I just want to keep you honest, I’m just sitting here and posting while being black

Here, let's talk about the offensive line and Jalen Carter.

Poles should have kept Teven Jenkins at right tackle. At no point has Jenkins shown he shouldn't be the right tackle.

They should have kept Whitehair at left guard and Patrick is your center and keep Mustipher as the backup. Yeah I understand everyone hates Mustipher and he played awful but no less awful than anyone else they had.

Carter is the starting 3-technique and they could have drafted an interior offensive line prospect that can play center/guard in the spot they grabbed Dexter or Pickens.

They had a starting RT on the roster already. Now instead they're hoping Bates or Shelton develops at the second most important position on the offensive line.

For some reason Poles has a high level of disdain for Jenkins.

Then if he wants to switch out Whitehair this year for Bates he can do that.

Now they have their RT spot still secure and a generational talent at DT and a high quality center locked in to work with Caleb Williams now instead of wondering what they're going to do at DT and at center.

If he doesn't trade for Claypool maybe they don't need Odunze and have an edge guy or a WR in place from the second they gave up for Claypool. Nothing against Odunze I think he'll be great but Poles' roster construction is still shit.

Luckily with Caleb Williams he won't have to panic to try and fix the QB position anymore.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here, let's talk about the offensive line and Jalen Carter.

Poles should have kept Teven Jenkins at right tackle. At no point has Jenkins shown he shouldn't be the right tackle.

They should have kept Whitehair at left guard and Patrick is your center and keep Mustipher as the backup. Yeah I understand everyone hates Mustipher and he played awful but no less awful than anyone else they had.

Carter is the starting 3-technique and they could have drafted an interior offensive line prospect that can play center/guard in the spot they grabbed Dexter or Pickens.

They had a starting RT on the roster already. Now instead they're hoping Bates or Shelton develops at the second most important position on the offensive line.

For some reason Poles has a high level of disdain for Jenkins.

Then if he wants to switch out Whitehair this year for Bates he can do that.

Now they have their RT spot still secure and a generational talent at DT and a high quality center locked in to work with Caleb Williams now instead of wondering what they're going to do at DT and at center.

If he doesn't trade for Claypool maybe they don't need Odunze and have an edge guy or a WR in place from the second they gave up for Claypool. Nothing against Odunze I think he'll be great but Poles' roster construction is still shit.

Luckily with Caleb Williams he won't have to panic to try and fix the QB position anymore.
Your whole premise is faulty from the start. Jenkins can’t stay healthy and Whitehair is completely washed.

Carter started strong last year and then hit the rookie wall pretty hard.

You’re implying you know more about roster construction than Poles and Cunningham which is a massive joke.

Shelton doesn’t have to “develop.” He was the starting center on a playoff team that lost in Detroit because of brutal officiating.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Your whole premise is faulty from the start. Jenkins can’t stay healthy and Whitehair is completely washed.

Carter started strong last year and then hit the rookie wall pretty hard.

You’re implying you know more about roster construction than Poles and Cunningham which is a massive joke.

Shelton doesn’t have to “develop.” He was the starting center on a playoff team that lost in Detroit because of brutal officiating.

I guess you missed the part where I said Bates now replaces Whitehair this year because Whitehair "being completely washed" is hindsight 20-20 for 2023.

I get it you're ready to completely write off Jenkins that's fine. But the Bears still don't have a starting 3-technique and that's the most important position in this defense.

Dexter experienced his best success playing DE but I'm betting you missed that part from last year.

If you want to keep ignore my key points because you don't like me or don't like Jenkins and think Poles can do no wrong that's fine but just come out and say it. Because Ryan Poles is three years into this and the best thing he's done is get lucky.

Lucky that the Texans came back, lucky that they got the two point conversion lucky that the Panthers were awful and lucky that Harbaugh wanted Alt more than Nabers. Lucky that Harbaugh wanted to unload salary.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I guess you missed the part where I said Bates now replaces Whitehair this year because Whitehair "being completely washed" is hindsight 20-20 for 2023.

I get it you're ready to completely write off Jenkins that's fine. But the Bears still don't have a starting 3-technique and that's the most important position in this defense.

Dexter experienced his best success playing DE but I'm betting you missed that part from last year.

If you want to keep ignore my key points because you don't like me or don't like Jenkins and think Poles can do no wrong that's fine but just come out and say it. Because Ryan Poles is three years into this and the best thing he's done is get lucky.

Lucky that the Texans came back, lucky that they got the two point conversion lucky that the Panthers were awful and lucky that Harbaugh wanted Alt more than Nabers. Lucky that Harbaugh wanted to unload salary.
I’m not "writing off” Jenkins but he hasn’t been able to stay on the field on a consistent basis. He readily admits it. Wright played all 17 games and gutted through an arm injury and still remained effective.

I get it. You give off this “I’m the smartest guy in the room” and have disdain for Poles because he is the Bears GM. You dismiss everything he’s accomplished as “luck.”

It looks to me like he’s one "lucky” mother fucker. Based on what I’ve heard about you, apparently you’re not.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I’m not "writing off” Jenkins but he hasn’t been able to stay on the field on a consistent basis. He readily admits it. Wright played all 17 games and gutted through an arm injury and still remained effective.

I get it. You give off this “I’m the smartest guy in the room” and have disdain for Poles because he is the Bears GM. You dismiss everything he’s accomplished as “luck.”

It looks to me like he’s one "lucky” mother fucker. Based on what I’ve heard about you, apparently you’re not.
No it's not the smartest guy in the room it's strong in my opinions.

How in the hell can you label everything that has happened for the Bears as anything but luck?

Frank Reich wanted CJ Stroud but was overruled by the owner. If they grab Stroud the Bears don't have the number one overall pick and then have to move capital to get a QB.

If the Texans lose the game in 2022 they don't get DJ Moore. Yeah I readily admit part of being a good GM is getting lucky. However Poles' record when he tries to be proactive is full of more misses than hits.

Ian Cunningham had to stop him from trading up for Odunze. Plus why in the fuck would you draft a punter when you need a center? They need to start developing the future at center instead of hoping a fringe starter like Shelton will work out.

The best part of the Bears has been Caleb Williams Rome Odunze and Keenan Allen. The rest of the Bears has been average GM work at best.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Bears didn’t have a 1st round pick in 2020. Aiyuk went 26th overall. Kmet was drafted 43rd. I don’t get his point. Aiyuk had a brilliant disappointing postseason when the Niners needed him to step up, he simply disappeared. 149yds/9catches on 20 targets over 3 games. So impressive!!!

@SugarWalls ready to give up a future 1st for Aiyuk and then pay him $28 million per year? Sounds like a great idea!
Get fcked!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if it’s been said or not but the Adam’s and Fishbain are all saying Caleb looks better than any rookie they’ve seen in a bears practice since they’ve been covering them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not sure if it’s been said or not but the Adam’s and Fishbain are all saying Caleb looks better than any rookie they’ve seen in a bears practice since they’ve been covering them.
Thank you, there just might be a God

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point is his rushing did not mean shit when the other team forced him to pass the ball. I don’t care about rushing for 1000 yards from a quarterback
I would love a qb who rushed for 1,000 yards as long as he threw for 4,000.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yup that's what I posted about the reports coming from ESPN 1000 yesterday. Good to see others reporting the same thing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
great throw accompanied by a horrible looking catch by vjj...
if it wasnt for the new kickoff rules vjj should have been cut already
I believe he was already in the end zone so I've got no issue with that particular grab.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
No it's not the smartest guy in the room it's strong in my opinions.

How in the hell can you label everything that has happened for the Bears as anything but luck?

Frank Reich wanted CJ Stroud but was overruled by the owner. If they grab Stroud the Bears don't have the number one overall pick and then have to move capital to get a QB.

If the Texans lose the game in 2022 they don't get DJ Moore. Yeah I readily admit part of being a good GM is getting lucky. However Poles' record when he tries to be proactive is full of more misses than hits.

Ian Cunningham had to stop him from trading up for Odunze. Plus why in the fuck would you draft a punter when you need a center? They need to start developing the future at center instead of hoping a fringe starter like Shelton will work out.

The best part of the Bears has been Caleb Williams Rome Odunze and Keenan Allen. The rest of the Bears has been average GM work at best.
Send me your resume and I’ll give it to George the next time I’m invited to Halas Hall.

Bort

Liked Posts:
So you just made comments to why 1 guy was a back up and how his play showed why he was a back up, and now one guy that had like 20 snaps last year who was a back up is getting first team reps without pads on in OTA’s and I’m supposed to be encouraged by that?

I've always hated this kind of argument. Just because a guy was a backup for the team that drafted him doesn't mean he's a bad player. Mitch Morse, the guy Bates was backing up, has been easily a top 10 (maybe top 5) center in the NFL for the past decade.

Just because Bates couldn't beat out a pro bowler for a starting job, it doesn't mean that Bates is not a starting caliber player.

DavidH

Liked Posts:
I've always hated this kind of argument. Just because a guy was a backup for the team that drafted him doesn't mean he's a bad player. Mitch Morse, the guy Bates was backing up, has been easily a top 10 (maybe top 5) center in the NFL for the past decade.

Just because Bates couldn't beat out a pro bowler for a starting job, it doesn't mean that Bates is not a starting caliber player.
Right, and it also doesn't mean he can't easily be a significant upgrade over the shit show that was Lucas Patrick & Whitehair (and Musty before).