BR: Bears Trying To Trade Cutler to get Mariota

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Neither is Cutler

Agreed. But we aren't tied to Clausen the Bears are stuck with Cutler for another year.

Why are we even discussing Clausen? The guys isn't any better than Cutler and has no future starting in the NFL at least Cutler had a big arm.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Agreed. But we aren't tied to Clausen the Bears are stuck with Cutler for another year.

Why are we even discussing Clausen? The guys isn't any better than Cutler and has no future starting in the NFL at least Cutler had a big arm.

And now he doesn't have much to offer.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Because a few people here thought he had ONE better game than Jay and thats all they need

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Because a few people here thought he had ONE better game than Jay and thats all they need

At that point he was playing on the same level as Jay.

Why play Jay when you can get the same production out of Clausen?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really dont know why people are now considering Jay worst than backups.

All the Cutler hate really isn't that difficult of a concept to grasp.

The Bears gave up a lot to trade for him, promptly gave him a $30 million dollar extension to which he returned the favor by throwing 28 INTs... only to waste the next few years (and defensive window) trying everything they could to "fix" him... with everything setup for him to finally have success he of course get's injured and naturally the Bears being the Bears they give him yet another totally undeserved contract extension, this one an even more absurd 7 year $126 million dollar deal to which he returned the favor by leading the league in turnovers...

Gee I wonder why people are fed up with the team continually coddling the guy and giving him a ton of money he doesn't deserve only to get the same results they could get with some backup QB...

The real question here is what exactly has Cutler ever done to warrant the endless excuses and white knighting from people like you and hbk?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Same reason you pay Jay nine figures after getting better production from another quarterback.

(Which if you know said reason, let me in on it....because it has been freaking stumping me)

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yes but the Bears are stuck with him. I think John Fox will take the guaranteed 3500yards 20tds 10-15ints from Cutler vs. the unknown.

That hasn't always been the case with Foxie...see 2011

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hate Jay gets is due to his own play...which down the stretch last season was back-up worthy

Yeah cause lots of back ups could throw for almost 4000 yards. Please, get in line.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes but the Bears are stuck with him. I think John Fox will take the guaranteed 3500yards 20tds 10-15ints from Cutler vs. the unknown.
Jay Cutler has not played a full 16 games since 2009. I would hold off on using the word guaranteed around him.

(Unless you want to talk about his contract)

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has 183 TDS and 130 INTS...so the ratio is about 3:2

Sounds about right. throws 3 tds, throws 2 pick sixes, lets not forget the obligatory fumble. Defense that can't stop a drive to save their life and a special teams that helped the other team more than our team last year. I can see why we sucked so badly.

I think if Jay plays for the Bears this year he will be better, but as most have discussed, with Jay we know what we get. I'll root him on because he's a Bear, but if Fox and Pace have a plan to get someone...then go get em.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Okay I'm sorry for thinking.

Carry on with the Cutler vs Clausen debate.

Apology accepted...I don't really see Cutler finishing out the year if he continues his downward spiral

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Apology accepted...I don't really see Cutler finishing out the year if he continues his downward spiral

If he regressed like last year he better not finish the year.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
At that point he was playing on the same level as Jay.

Because nothing has shown Clausen doing as well as Jay unless you are counting that ONE game. Thats the type of shit that gets McCown or Flynn good money

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Because nothing has shown Clausen doing as well as Jay unless you are counting that ONE game. Thats the type of shit that gets McCown or Flynn good money

Sadly...that's the same reason they are having an open competition this year. I think it's moreso of all the bad games that Jay had last year.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Sadly...that's the same reason they are having an open competition this year. I think it's moreso of all the bad games that Jay had last year.

I think it is moreso of Clausen being familiar with Fox and getting another shot

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think it is moreso of Clausen being familiar with Fox and getting another shot

So you're under the impression if it were any other QB, Cutler would be the guaranteed starter? Given both Pace and Fox's "meh" opinion on Cutler

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Cutler's ceiling: 4000 yards, 30 TDs, 12 INTs, 90 QB Rating
Cuter's floor: 3500 yards, 30 TDs, 25 INT's, 80 QB Rating

Notice the difference? Just cut down on turnovers and he can be a good QB. It's a mindset. It can be done.